Author Topic: 81 New Style Names on the SX900  (Read 122673 times)

Offline DrakeM

81 New Style Names on the SX900
« on: August 18, 2019, 06:26:53 PM »
Here is a list of the 81 new style names I found that are on the SX900 keyboard

Ballroom - 1
Cha-Cha

Dance - 10
70sSpanish Disco
90sPopBallad
CassicalPop
ClubMixDJ
ClubPeffaeton
DiscoSurvival
FrenchDJ
MinimalElectro
NatureHipHop
RetroSoul

Entertainer - none

Jazz - 5
BigBandSwing
CoolJazzWaltz
CoolSwing
Easy8Beat
FastJazz

Latin - 9
80sBrazilianPop
CoolBossa
CubanCha-Cha
EuroPopMambo
FastCha-Cha
PopBachata
Reggaeton1
Reggaeton2
SalsaGranCiclon

Movie&Show - 5
BlockbusterBallad
Gunslinger
IcyBallad
OrchMovieBallad
PopMusical

Pop&Rock - 28
6-8BalladRock
6-8ChartBallad
6-8GuitarBallad
12-8PopBallad
16BearRock
90sAussiePop
90sDancePop
90sUS ChartBallad
CanadianTeenPop
ContempGtrPop
CountryBeat
CountryPopDuo
CrazyPop
DancehallPop
ElectroRock
GrungeRock
IrishPopRock
OrchRockBallad1
OrchRockBallad2
ReggaetonSlowJam
RockShuffleFast
UK FolkPop
UK SoftRock
US CountryPop
US ElectroPop
US FolkPop
US singerPop

R&B -4
60sBigHit
JustRnB
R&B SlowBallad
UK Soul

World - 19
ArabicEuro
Bhajan
Bhangra
Duranguense
Grupera
ZitherPolka
Jing Ju Jie Zou
Keroncong
Laff
MalfulFunk
ModCeltic4-4
ModCeltic6-8
ModernDangut1
ModernDangut2
Saeidy
SaeidyPop
US MarchingBand
WehdaSaphira
Xi Qing Luo Gu

Offline vbdx66

Re: 81 New Style Names on the SX900
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 06:54:15 PM »
Sounds nice  8)

Thanks Drake.

Vinciane
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

beykock

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 07:10:48 PM »
Thank you for your work, Drake !☝

Did the names change or are these styles all NEW ?

Babette

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »
I just started listening to a few of the country and R&B styles and so far the ones in the list I made are new styles.

beykock

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 09:36:10 PM »
81 NEW STYLES. WOW !😱
That's a lot, Drake, right ?

Babette
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 09:41:35 PM by beykock »

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 10:24:13 PM »
Hi Drake,

New compared to?

Since I have the idea that Yamaha is renaming a lot of styles as of late so that they look new. A lot of these so called "new styles" are already on Tyros 5 and Genos. I am not trying to belittle your work btw., on the contrary…  I am just a disapointed @ Yamaha for trying to let us believe the SX900 has a LOT of new styles. The same thing happens on Musicsoft. Premium styles bought there later can be found in expansion packs or presets of new keyboards and vice versa. The Milk Cow project comes to mind.... as another example ? the PSR x75 models.

* EDIT * I overlooked the word "names" in your subject so my bad Drake but I have an excuse  8) :P  The Yamaha Milk Cow project feeling however stays :)

regards,
Peter

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:32:29 PM by XeeniX »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 10:43:00 PM »
I mean new as never published before.

In the past if the name is completely new the style has a brand new style (it has never come with any keyboard before).

Case in point the "CountryBeat" is a new style even though we have had a "Country8Beat" for a long time.

I made the list so if anyone was interested in just the new stuff .. these are the styles to dig out and try first. ;)

Some of the names did look familiar to me as maybe coming from expansion packs. I did not dig through expansion pack style names as I do not have all of them.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:48:25 PM by DrakeM »

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 11:07:56 PM »
Hi Drake,

As said your work on the new names helped :) However what is starting to annoy me a little about Yamaha in the last years is all the confusion they like to create. Same style name nowadays doesn't mean it is the same style. Quite a few have different intro's and sometimes a slightly different bass or beat pattern. A new keyboard with a lot of new style names doesn't mean there are a lot of new styles, since they often just altered the style name or used a style from an expansion pack or from a premium style and renamed it to look new. I find it a little misleading for possible upgrading customers that's all.

To each his own of course but that is my honest opinion :)

regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:12:54 PM by XeeniX »

The following users thanked this post: carson123mendes, ikmusic

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 12:40:00 PM »
I think it depend on what keyboard you are comparing styles to. On Genos there are only around ten styles that we don't have.

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »
I think it depend on what keyboard you are comparing styles to. On Genos there are only around ten styles that we don't have.

That is exactly what I was going to say because I have seen quite a number of posts to suggest that the SX900 styles are "nothing new" or "same old" etc... and there is me thinking are you sure?

I always compare factory vs factory and not by some random download somewhere with every single style from all keyboards that claim to work well but in reality sound awful and completely broken, this to me does not count. If you don't have the style as intended and native to your keyboard, you don't have the style therefore it's a new style!

So then based on this premise, when I checked out those SX900 styles I compared them to my Tyros 4 & S975, and all I can say is that I will be in for a treat when I get my SX900 as there are so many new styles that I can't wait to hear - properly!

All the best,
Danny

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »
Tyros 4 will not have a lot of these styles and the 975 will have most of Tyros 5 styles on it so you will have a few more different ones than we have on Genos. When using these SX900 styles on Genos you will probably have to change the drum kit to REVO for them to sound right.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 05:41:58 AM »
Thank you for the list of new styles. Do you actually have access to the keyboard, noticed you said listening.
Gather you also have a psr s950, how does it sound in comparison . Thinking of upgrading.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »
The new S900 will not be in the shops until around October for you to try.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »
The styles were originally posted by Sniker740 and Henni then corrected many of the Drummer issues and re-posted the styles.

I am working on the 81 styles that I have noted above. I have no idea what the SX900 sounds like, other than videos posted on YouTube. I am only concerned that I get the styles to sound perfect in my S950 keyboard.

It seems Yamaha has used a NEW drum kit in the RHY1 slot of the styles which is not on my S950 keyboard. I leave that slot “silent” by not selecting one of my Keyboard’s drum kits. Generally that slot is simply a tambourine playing, which isn’t generally a major part of the style.

I personally never use any of Yamaha’s onboard styles. I take various parts from several different Yamaha styles and create custom song styles. That is why I am interested in the NEW styles from the SX900, for the new sounding style part patterns that might be contained within these styles.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 01:53:22 PM by DrakeM »

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 02:27:01 PM »

I was hoping it was a little sooner!!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 03:17:52 PM »
... Did the names change or are these styles all NEW ?

A lot of these styles are re-mixed and have been given new names.   I've collected styles from all the Tyros keyboards... there are NO new styles in the SX900, just recycled ones. Some are from the Euro Dance pack and some are styles you could buy in the past but now included in the keyboard.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 07:30:56 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 05:30:37 PM »
   I've collected styles from all the Tyros keyboards... there are NO new styles in the SX900, just recycles ones. Some are from the Euro Dance pack and some are styles you could buy in the past but now included in the keyboard.

Joe H

Hi Joe,

Are you comparing them to just the Tyros series? I thought that some of the SX 900 styles are from the Genos to which some of the Genos styles don't feature in the Tyros range which would make them new? I am speaking from someone that's never seen a Genos.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 06:33:18 PM »
I have the Genos and S975 styles too... so for me, there are no new styles.   Like Drake, I hardly use any of the Preset styles anyway, I make my own using Style Creator Assembly and StyleMagic software to create my own unique styles with custom OTS and custom Multi Pads and use a lot of pack Voices when I remix them... so they sound nothing like the Preset styles and Multi Pads even those from Yamaha expansion packs.
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

beykock

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 06:46:04 PM »
Hi :

I checked all SX900 styles today, one by one.

Many preset styles are the preset styles of my T5.

Maybe only a few styles are new to me and/or present in the Genos. I do not know.

Some styles are modified though.

Babette

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2019, 11:05:38 PM »
Hi,
Can one actually go by the Style Names for comparison?
A lot of styles seem to get recycled. Can’t really comment on the yammies, though I did notice yesterday with a Broadway ballad, the variations apppeared to be identical to another style called modern Broadway Ballad , different model keyboard, and the intro/ endings were different.

On my korgs, they sometimes gave a style a totally new name for an identical prior model style, or and identical name, and it was a brand new style.

Positive they do it to try and confuse us. Haha
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2019, 05:08:22 AM »
Apparently there have been styles which have a different Name and it has been the same as one in the past (or is very similar). But I don't recall having two styles with the same Name and them being Different.

So, I just figure if it has a different Name added to your collection. If you find it to be similar or TOO similar to another older style, then keep the better of the two styles and delete the other one.  ;)

Regards
Drake 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2019, 01:40:24 PM »
I have only found about nine styles that we do not have on Genos.

Lofty(dave)

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 09:55:02 PM »

I have been told by the dealer im hopefully buying from there are rythms on the sx900 that are not on the genos he didn't say how many but one thing that's attracted me to it istouch screen and 3 rght hand voices hopefully here mid sept price £1.999 Lofty (Dave)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 12:02:51 AM »
Hi Lofty there are seven new styles that are not on Genos.

The following users thanked this post: vbdx66

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 09:51:59 PM »
Hi Eileen

Can you tell me which ones are the 7 (or 9) new styles that are not found on the Genos?

Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline ton37

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 08:59:43 AM »
Is the overview in undermentioned post maybe helpful for you, @TomtomSf?

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,51519.0.html
My best regards,
Ton

Offline EileenL

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 02:12:08 PM »
Hello Tom,
   The ones we have not got on Genos that I can find are.
Icy Ballad
Gunslinger
Euro Pop Mambo
Forro
Joropo
Cuban Cha
80's Brazilian Pop
Classic Pop
70's Spanish Disco
6/8 Classic Synth

I think there are a few more in the latin section but have not had time to try all of them

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 10:49:27 PM »
Hi Eileen,

Thank you for the list.
I appreciate you taking the time to figure it out and sharing it here.
 :)
Tom G.
Tyros 4

ssmaynard29

Reggaeton style files from sx900
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2021, 07:18:16 PM »
Hello. Has anyone created new Latin style files that include Reggaeton1 Reggaeton2...from the sx900?  If so,
where can I find them.

Thank you.

Offline overover

Re: Reggaeton style files from sx900
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2021, 09:52:52 PM »
Hello. Has anyone created new Latin style files that include Reggaeton1 Reggaeton2...from the sx900?  If so,
where can I find them.

Thank you.

Hi ssmaynard29,

Roger Brenizer had already drawn your attention to the Styles page on our main website "www.psrtutorial.com" several times:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/sty/index.html

Under "Styles > Yamaha" you can, for example, download the Preset Styles of many models by clicking on the respective Style category (blue bar).

You can also find a lot of Styles under "Collections". You can use almost all available Yamaha Styles (except Genos Preset Styles) for your DGX-670 (both the former style file format SFF1 and the current format SFF2 (= SFF GE) are compatible!).

For Latin Styles, for example, download all "Latin" zip files from Onacimus' page. In it you will find, among other things, many Reggaeton Styles.
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/onacimus.html

I wish you success!

P.S.
In general, Yamaha Styles have three Intros and three Endings, but on the DGX-670 you can only use one Intro and one Ending. To re-assign Style sections, if needed, you can use the "Style ReMixer" PC program:
>>> http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sremix/index.htm

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:55:19 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

ssmaynard29

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2021, 07:57:35 PM »
Hello Chris...Thank you very much for this information and taking the time to explain in more detail how to find the
info I was seeking. I truly appreciated it.

Offline overover

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2021, 09:41:47 PM »
Hello Chris...Thank you very much for this information and taking the time to explain in more detail how to find the
info I was seeking. I truly appreciated it.

Thank you for your kind feedback, ssmaynard29!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline juanykatty

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2021, 06:49:02 AM »
Good morning everyone. It is unfortunate that Yamaha betrays this to old users. Without going too far, a clear example is that in my Yamaha psr s-550 (currently I do not have it) there is a style called "Newcontry", and currently in my yamaha psr sx-700 it is called "CountryBeat2"  :-\ :-*... It's a joke by Yamaha to its old users or what can this event be called? Excuse me if I had any errors. I used google translate  ;D ;D ;D. Blessings!!
Yamaha psr 1500 - Yamaha Psr s650 - Yamaha Psr 550 - Tyros 2 - Yamaha Psr sx700 - Korg Pa500, 700.Arturia Keylab 61 MKII - Korg TR-Rack, 01RW. Yamaha Motif Rack - Roland U-220

vadesriux

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2021, 10:53:03 AM »

New S900? Is this a new keyboard from Yamaha ?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2021, 11:53:08 AM »
This is the SX900 and has been out for a couple of years now.