Author Topic: Indian Kit in Genos is Missing!  (Read 33443 times)

Offline rozinalalani1954

Indian Kit in Genos is Missing!
« on: August 18, 2019, 04:50:51 PM »
Hi,
     Everyone the today i need a huge help from all of you The indian kit was part of s970 keyboard but it is not pre-installed in Genos, i have several Midi Song Files from keyboard s970 where indian tabla was playing perfectly fine  but in Genos it is not playing anymore due to indian kit missing. please help anyone what should i do Thanks

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Indian Kit in Genos is Missing!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 05:03:13 AM »
Is that kit missing only with the Midi files???
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline rozinalalani1954

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 10:24:39 PM »
Thanks for Responding Sir
                                       I am trying to get the Tabla to play in my Karaoke style track. .STY        Here is my Problem

I have purchased several Karaoke Style Tracks Which seller made from S970 Keyboard and the keyboard had a build in Indian Kit. When .STY file did not play in Genos.  The seller is telling me that Genos does not have a Built in Indian Kit just like s970 has,  it won't play.  But when i call Yamaha they saying go to the Mixer Section and assign yourself.  I am totally confused.

Online Joe H

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:34:42 PM »
It's strange, I don't see an Indian Kit listed in the Data List Book for the Genos.   The new PSR SX900 has one though.  You having reported it to Yamaha... I wonder if they will add the Indian Kit with a future update?

???

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 10:53:16 PM »
Could a kit be imported from an S970?
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 11:53:04 PM »
The seller is telling me that Genos does not have a Built in Indian Kit just like s970 has,  it won't play.  But when i call Yamaha they saying go to the Mixer Section and assign yourself.  I am totally confused.

Genos does not have an Indian Kit as a preset voice.  This is no different to the Tyros models!

For some reason Yamaha only include it in the PSR models!

Yamaha Musicsoft don't even make Genos/Tyros versions of the various VSE packs that do contain Indian kits such as the Indian Devotional pack or the Indian 2 pack.

However they do offer a free pack (Indian Taals) for the PSR-S970 which contains a number of Indian Kits - link...
https://uk.yamahamusicsoft.com/vse/indian-taals

I don't know if this will work with Genos, but some time ago Yamaha were offering another Indian pack for the PSR-S970 which was free for a short introductory period, and although at that time I did not have a keyboard that could use the pack, I downloaded it to 'play around' with YEM.  This pack works fine with my Genos, so if you can download the Taals pack and import it into YEM, it might be worth a try.

Other than this you could try searching the internet for Indian Kit voices in UVD format as used by Tyros3 and 4, which can be imported into YEM to include in an install pack file for Genos.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:40:28 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 01:18:31 AM »
Hi rozinalalani1954,

unfortunately, the S970 Preset kit "IndianKit" is missing on Genos.

The "Indian Taals" Pack (mentioned by tyrosauros) CAN be imported to YEM an installed on Genos. You should use S970 version of this Pack. Inside this Pack are 6 Indian kits: Indian Kit 1 & 2, New Indian Kit 1 & 2, Tabla 1 & 2

There are three more packs that were downloadable for free some time ago: "Indian 2", "Indian Devotional" and "Indian Entertainer" (S970/770). Each of these Packs contains 8 Indian kits: The 6 kits I mentioned above and in addition New Indian Kit 3 & 4.

I made a ppf Pack for you, containing these 8 Indian kits. You can download it from my dropbox. The zipped size is about 7 MB:
>>> 8 Indian Kits.zip     (New Link)

You can import this Pack to YEM and install it on Genos. Then you can check if one of these kits is working with your Indian Styles. (Revoice the relevant Style parts in the Mixer window and re-save the Style with a new file name OR save your changes to a Registration.)

P.S.
Here some information about the Voice Numbers of the Indian Kits:

"IndianKit"

#MSB-LSB-PRG (PRG = Yamaha-PRG-#, 1 ... 128)
---------------------------------------------
#126-000-115 IndianKit  (Preset-Voice on S970/S770/S975/S775):

8 Indian Kits.ppf (Original Kits from Yamaha Expansion Pack "Indian 2" for S970)

#MSB-LSB-PRG  (PRG = Yamaha-PRG-#, 1 ... 128)
---------------------------------------------
#126-001-113  Indian Kit 1
#126-001-114  Indian Kit 2
#126-001-110  New Indian Kit 1
#126-001-111  New Indian Kit 2
#126-001-108  New Indian Kit 3
#126-001-109  New Indian Kit 4
#126-001-112  Tabla Kit 1
#126-001-115  Tabla Kit 2

Best regards,
Chris

Edit 2024-01-06: New download link for the file "8 Indian Kits.zip"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 06:37:34 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Ed B, wersianer, flanker25, shakil

Online Joe H

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
Sounds like you have those Indian packs installed already. If so, then check the LSB for those packs in your keyboard against the LSB of the guy (or your S970) where you got the MIDI files. That could be the reason for the files not playing correctly.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 04:36:10 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 06:17:36 PM »
Sounds like you have those Indian packs installed already. If so, then check the LSB for those packs in your keyboard against the LSB of the guy (or your S970) where you got the MIDI files. That could be the reason for the files not playing correctly. ...

Hi Joe,

I've already checked all these Voice numbers (MSB-LSB-PRG), as shown in my reply #6.

ALL Indian kits from these Indian Expansion Packs do NOT have CUSTOM Drum Voice numbers (MSB 62): They ALL have MSB 126 (like Preset SFX kits) and LSB 1. But unfortunately, NONE of these kits has the identical LSB and PRG of the S970 "IndianKit", which has MSB 126 / LSB 0 / PRG 115.

I have NOT checked yet if the internal Key Mapping of one ore more Indian kits (from the Indian Expansion Packs) matches the Preset "IndianKit" of the S970.

@Francesco Massa
Hi Francesco,

thank you for the valuable information in your reply #7!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 06:24:56 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Online Joe H

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 08:16:41 PM »
Chris,

The OP hasn't actually stated he has all the kits installed.

I wasn't referring to the Indian drum kits I was referring to the Normal Voices.  As you know, the MSB is 063 and 062, but the LSB is whatever is assigned in YEM.  I've had this problem before with styles. Some were from a commercial pack styles, and then there was the situation where I changed another (a different pack's LSB) and had to change a lot of styles LSB messages I mixed already

My point is that if the MIDI was recorded with a different LSB, than the Indian drum kits (or Indian Normal Voices) that the OP has installed, then they will not sound when he selects them.

There are 2 solutions.

1. Re-install the Indian kits and packs to match the MIDI LSB
2. Use MixMaster Multi Process to change the LSB in the MIDI file

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:27:29 PM by Joe H »

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 08:30:09 PM »
Chris,

I wasn't referring to the Indian drum kits I was referring to the Normal Voices.  As you know, the MSB is 063 and 062, but the LSB is whatever is assigned in YEM.  I've had this problem before with styles.

My point is that if the MIDI was recorded with a different LSB, then the drum kits that the OP has in stalled, then they will not sound when he selects them.

Joe H

Hi Joe,

the drum voices in those "Indian" Packs are NOT in the CUSTOM VOICE address range (MSB 062 for Custom Drum Voices, MSB 063 for Custom Normal Voices), but they have fixed MSB and LSB values, just like voices from Yamaha PREMIUM Packs.

For this reason, it doesn't matter in what order those Indian Packs are installed in YEM or which LSB (from the CUSTOM VOICE address range) the Packs actually have.

The OP was talking about the internal Preset drum kit "IndianKit" of the S970 (which is missing on Genos). So I recommended to install the drum kits of the Indian Expansion Packs and revoice the Drum Parts of the MIDI files with the Expansion kits (and decide "by hearing" if one of those kits is matching). :)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:40:04 PM by overover »

Online Joe H

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 10:40:23 PM »
My mistake,  you are right... all the Yamaha expansion packs use a different MSB than 063 - 062 (unlike 3rd party packs) even though they are installed in YEM.

The reason I didn't catch that is because I have only 1 Yamaha pack installed out 10. I actually have about 30 packs loaded in YEM... only 1 is a Yamaha pack.

:)   ;)

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:44:55 PM by Joe H »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »
An Yamaha pack (not protected :D ), when you will load it on YEM it will take the first free LSB position. You can change it, but nothing will happening with voices inside ;) . None of the voices will change its MSB, or LSB, or PC number. Even if you will change the position of voices inside pack, nothing will change in files structure.
An Yamaha's pack can be made from multiple packs. As we now, there are a lot of voices which you can find them on multiple packs. The same voices, the same position (MSB, LSB, PC).

The LSB of the loaded pack in YEM is that called "Panel" position. To know which voice from which pack has been selected. But the address of the voice is the same , for the pack A and the pack B.

I bought some styles from camaro24.pl . They have used Euro Dance pack. They had installed its EDP on some LSB position. It was not my LSB position, but all styles has loaded the voices correctly ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Online Joe H

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 10:56:11 PM »
Vali,

Yes, I have the EDP too. Thanks for the clarification... we have a lot to learn about Yamaha rules! I'm well aware that the Yamaha packs MSB and LSB are FIXED and we can't change them.  I wish Yamaha would update YEM so we could "LOCK" the LSB on 3rd party packs so they won't change if we delete them then Import them at a later time.

:)

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:19:46 AM by Joe H »

Offline rozinalalani1954

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 11:24:12 PM »
Thanks Everyone showing the concerns about my issue. So when i told the provider it is not playing right in Genos below is the explaination he gave it to me.

Rhythm in keyboards is called Kit. There are different kits in a keyboard. We checked Genos Data Sheet pdf manual and found that there is no Indian Kit and no Arabic kit from which most of the Indian styles/rhythm is made. Style files are not voices and only computer generated binary codes or instructions which musician feeds in the keyboard and save for later playing. Keyboard built-in  kits understand these instructions and produce rhythm or voice. If there is no Built-in Drum Kit available in the keyboard then no voice will be produced by the style which is made in other keyboard model. Hope you understand.
Genos and Our keyboard Yamaha PSR S975 Drum kits list is given below:

DRUM KITS LIST Yamaha Genos  - See attached Genos pdf on Page 8 for available drum kits.
VocalBeatbox
PopLatinKit2Comp
EDM Kit
80sPopKit
80sR&B Kit
DubstepKit
JazzBrushKit
ElectroKit
TrapKit
SchlagerKit
BassDrumKit
RealDrumKit
RealBrushesKit
AcousticKit
RockKit
StudioKit
PowerKit1
PowerKit2
RoomKit
JazzKit
StandardKit
AnalogT8Kit
AnalogT9Kit
BreakKit
HipHopKit
DanceKit
AnalogKit
HouseKit
DrumMachine
HitKit
ReverseBD Kit
TurkishKit
CubanKit
PopLatinKit1
PopLatinKit2
SymphonyKit
NewSFX Kit1
NewSFX Kit2
GospelAdLibs
VocalEffectsKit

DRUM KIT List YAMMAHA PSR S975 - See attached Yamaha PSR S970 page 7.  Our Yamaha karaoke styles are made with the following Yamaha S975 kits.   

REAL DRUMS
REAL BRUSHES
HOUSE KIT
DRUM MACHINE
CYMBAL KIT
NEW SFX KIT 1
NEW SFX KIT2
BASS DRUM KIT
REVERSE BD KIT
ACOUSTIC KIT
ROCK KIT
POWER KIT1
POWER KIT2
BRUSH KIT
ANALOG T8 KIT
ANALOGT9 KIT
BREAK KIT
HIP HOP KIT
DANCE KIT
STUDIO KIT
HIT KIT
JAZZ KIT
POP LATIN KIT
ROOM KIT
ELECTRO KIT
ANALOG KIT
SYMPHONY KIT
CUBAN KIT
TURKISH KIT
INDIAN KIT
ARABIC KIT
ARABIC MIX KIT
CHINESE KIT
CHINESE MIX KIT
NOISES KIT
SFX KIT1
SEA SHORE
HELICOPTER
APPLAUSE 1
APPLAUSE 2
GUN SHOT

Offline rozinalalani1954

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 11:32:55 PM »
I also would like to apologize for giving the wrong inform about Seller's Keyboard Correction he has s975 and NOT s970 Sorry.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 11:36:21 PM »
Vali,

..I wish Yamaha would update YEM so we could "LOCK" the LSB on 3rd party packs so they won't change if we delete them then Import them at a later time.

Joe H

Joe, I think it will not be done ever. It is hard to know if some pack was loaded and deleted and reloaded. I can think about what you are trying to say, but I don't think it could be done.

Let's take a real example:
I load and 3rd party pack (named "X"). I use some voices from it in some styles, but for some reasons I will delete it and load another pack on the same LSB position (because I don't have LSB positions anymore - hard to happening, but suppose). What will happening with my styles? Will not play correctly anymore. Ok, let's say I will not use them anymore. After some months I realize I need those style and I have to  load 3rd party pack again. (after I deleted some other packs, etc) . How do I know if that pack was loaded before? I (YEM) have to save a history with packs names or packs checksum or something like that? hmmm , hard to see it implemented in YEM ;)

PS: A 3rd party pack, which uses MSB other than 62 and 63 has nothing to care about ;) they will take the same rules as Yamaha's packs, because if they don't uses MSB 62 or 63 it means they have already been "registered" in Yamaha's databases ;)

PS2: I don't think Yamaha has been used even 30% of MSB-LSB combinations :D

PS3: While I pressed the preview button, I've saw rozi's post. I think they gived you an evasive response, which already you knew ... I think all of Yamaha users knows that if a voice is not present in a style/midi that means the voice is not present on the keyboard on the MSB-LSB-PC position set in style. This is an elementary thing (I think  ::) ). If you cannot find the MSB-LSB-PC on your keyboard, that means you have to install that voice by yourself, finding it on an extra pack. Of course, it may be that voice can not be found because it is a preset voice only, which is (for someone) a disaster, but you can try to make your own voice by finding samples on the internet and use YEM to build the voice.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline overover

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2019, 11:48:52 PM »
I also would like to apologize for giving the wrong inform about Seller's Keyboard Correction he has s975 and NOT s970 Sorry.

Hi rozinalalani1954,

that doesn't matter, because (as I mentioned in reply #6) the same Preset "IndianKit" is present on S970 / S770 / S975 / S775. ;)

... but, unforunately, NOT on GENOS. :(

By the way: I found that the S975 has the same Preset drum kits as the S970, plus the following kits, which are listed in the S975 "PLUS Contents List":

126 001 019  DancePowerKit 
126 001 020  DubStepKit
126 000 030  CubanHandKit
126 000 031  CubanStickKit
126 000 032  CubanFullKit
126 000 073  KhaligiKit1
126 000 074  KhaligiKit2
126 000 066  KhaligiMixKit
126 000 077  IranianKit1
126 000 079  IranianKit2
126 000 076  ArabicKit1
126 000 078  ArabicKit2

126 000 038  KhaligiKit
126 0000 39  IranianKit

Note: I found that ArabicKit1 & 2 are also in the "old" contents (same as S970), but the ArabicKit1 & 2 from the "PLUS" contents of the S975 have different Program numbers.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:51:20 AM by overover »

Online Joe H

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 12:41:36 AM »
Joe, I think it will not be done ever. It is hard to know if some pack was loaded and deleted and reloaded. I can think about what you are trying to say, but I don't think it could be done...

Regards,
Vali

I have to agree with you on that issue.  If you edited style files using a custom pack, then installed a different pack with the same LSB, and then installed the first pack again... now with a different LSB, you can batch process the style files in MixMaster to change the LSB for 063 and 062 for the those styles and everything will play correctly.  I have done this 2 times so far... it works!

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:47:18 AM by Joe H »

Online Joe H

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2019, 12:44:49 AM »
Hi rozinalalani1954,

that doesn't matter, because (as I mentioned in reply #6) the same Preset "IndianKit" is present on S970 / S770 / S975 / S775. ;)

... but, unforunately, NOT on GENOS. :(

Best regards,
Chris

Sorry for the confusion, the OP never stated whether he had installed the Indian Voice pack containing both the Normal Voices and Indian Kit. But it sounds like he was having trouble with just the Indian Kit and not the Normal Voices.  He and I have communicated via email, so everything is straightened out now.

This topic is complicated to say the least. I hope we all learned something from it.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:49:25 AM by Joe H »

Offline chax

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2020, 10:21:29 AM »
The ‘Indian Kit’ in 970 and sx900 is the same as ‘Indian Kit 1’ in the Indian Expansion pack. I do not have Genos, but have reasons to believe that Registrations/styles made based on ‘Indian Kit’ of 970/SX900 should work without any changes if the ‘Indian Kit’ 1 is loaded (Expansion)in the Genos.

Chax

Offline shakil

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2024, 08:12:45 AM »

There are three more packs that were downloadable for free some time ago: "Indian 2", "Indian Devotional" and "Indian Entertainer" (S970/770). Each of these Packs contains 8 Indian kits: The 6 kits I mentioned above and in addition New Indian Kit 3 & 4.

I made a ppf Pack for you, containing these 8 Indian kits. You can download it from my dropbox. The zipped size is about 7 MB:
>>> 8 Indian Kits.zip     (New Link)

You can import this Pack to YEM and install it on Genos. Then you can check if one of these kits is working with your Indian Styles. (Revoice the relevant Style parts in the Mixer window and re-save the Style with a new file name OR save your changes to a Registration.)

Best regards,
Chris

Edit 2024-01-06: New download link for the file "8 Indian Kits.zip"

Hey Chris,

I took these Indian kits from "Indian 2", "Indian Devotional" and "Indian Entertainer" you converted to ppf , and loaded on A5000.  It worked perfectly.  Do you also have voices and styles from those packs :"Indian 2", "Indian Devotional" and "Indian Entertainer", in ppf file, so that thse could be loaded on A5000?

If you do not have these, could you pleaes point me to the process to get ppf file from cpf files?

Greatly appreciate your help.