Author Topic: Biggest tip for Genos and Cubase  (Read 3089 times)

Offline ugawoga

Biggest tip for Genos and Cubase
« on: August 15, 2019, 08:26:57 PM »
Hi

The CC121 controller is  a match made in heaven for the Genos and Cubase.
Simple setup and glitch free.
So In Inspector above Genos Workstation put NOT CONNECTED and all those drum ,bells and whistles ,sudden volume changes etc  from loopback of midi disappears. ( This is for editing and playback otherwise for record it is whatever channel you want or all midi.)
Makes a big difference to work flow

A great solution to cut mousing around. This is easy as pie to use and that makes it easier for you to make music. Forget Console 1 and Faderports,etc

I have had a word with Steinburg and this controller has four more years and more at least as there are no other controllers in the pipeline.
I think that the Yamaha drivers are the same as Genos . Iwill have a look at that.

All the Best
john

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:28:56 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Re: Biggest tip for Genos and Cubase
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »
Hi John,

From my research, I can't find any music stores that stock this unit anymore. On Amazon.ca it sells for $1,700. Yikes!! Great idea if it works.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 01:29:16 PM »
Hi Lee

The price in uk is about £350
I got a price match £319. Absolute Music in UK had to order from Gemany
maybe enquire  from steinberg ???
As long as you get the USA plug transformer 12v.
Might be worth ordering 200 units and come to the states and make a fortune and lose it all to customs!! ::) ;D lol. ;)
I cannot believe how well it integrates with all you wish for.
The AI knob controls everything if you hover a mouse over whatever it is. AI knob in for left hand and mouse for right
Handy Eq knobs transport ,markers,automation etc a breeze for editing.I want to get down to it all ,but the other half demands i do the decorating first!! :P :-[
Hope it will be the last time at 68  before i kick the bucket or cannot remember where i put the paint brush!! ::) :P ;D ;D
Trust my luck , i probably live to 100. . A creaking Gate!! ;D-- "Sandra say's"

All the best
John :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:43:30 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 03:55:54 PM »
Good ones, John!

Seeing such a device makes me wonder why Yamaha won't create a software version of it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Then they wouldn't need to worry about distribution. I can buy one from Sweetwater, USA but by the time I pay our government their cut, duty, tax on duty, HST (known in Canada as "Harmonized Sales Tax." I call it "Hideous Stupid Tax" - there's nothing "harmonious about it!), it would cost a fortune. Nice of you to post though :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.