Author Topic: SX900 style and Info file  (Read 23604 times)

SX900 style and Info file
« on: August 15, 2019, 11:20:27 PM »
For those who want to explore.
All styles of SX900, with info file.
And a Wave I have collected from SX900 to compare with Genos.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rngwgqobrd3nfyo/SX900.rar/file

P/S: Unzip with winrar 5.x or higher
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:55:38 AM by Snicker740 »
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

Offline Joe H

Re: SX900 style and Info file
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 04:59:15 AM »
It's disappointing that there is nothing new in the styles.  All are recycled from other keyboards.  (some names have been changed)

The remix on the DJ styles is a downgrade in my opinion. Then there are styles that use new Voices from the SX900 so not all the style parts are playing on the S970. It looks like they borrowed at least one drum kit from the Easy Sounds Magic Dance pack... but I can't say for sure.

The Ballads are there but they are scattered around in different folders.

It's same ole same ole.

On the plus side... it's the new features that make the SX900 shine.  Joy-stick, 1GB expansion memory,  improved key bed (maybe), combo buttons/touch screen, six assignable buttons, much larger capacity MIDI sequencer, etc.

I'm sure that we will need to tweak the Master EQ to get the sound we want. And we know it's a step up from the S975.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:11:17 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Jacob, rezaazadi1361

Offline Henni

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 11:09:13 AM »
The rar file is corrupt & of unknown format for both my Winzip & Winrar program.

Won't someone PLEASE be so kind as to re-zip only the styles & email to me at:

buildtofly@yahoo.com

I am looking forward to these in GREAT anticipation.

Kind regards,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline pmahl

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 11:37:04 AM »
Hi Henni
I will send the styles to you during this afternoon.

Its my plesure.

Peter
Peterm

Offline Henni

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 11:47:00 AM »
Hi all,

Thank you so much to my kind friend who sent me the file.

I downloaded the latest Winrar and now it extracted the files!!! Funny, I used the absolute best rar repair utility freely available & that could not repair it. The new Winrar states that it is NOT free, however it worked!!!

Now I am going to have some SERIOUS fun - my eyes hurt from searching the inet for these.

Kind regards,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline Henni

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 12:00:19 PM »
AWESOME!!!

My PSR S770 plays all the voices correct and they are FANTASTIC!!!. I LOVE!!! the new styles.

I no longer will have any lost sleep about not being able to upgrade. Chord looper & style reset means zero to me. There is not a sinle thing that I would miss apart from the extra memory and Vocal Harmonizer.

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline pmahl

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 12:02:02 PM »
Congratulations,
so have fun.
Peter
Peterm

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 12:35:57 PM »
AWESOME!!!

My PSR S770 plays all the voices correct and they are FANTASTIC!!!. I LOVE!!! the new styles.

I no longer will have any lost sleep about not being able to upgrade. Chord looper & style reset means zero to me. There is not a sinle thing that I would miss apart from the extra memory and Vocal Harmonizer.

Henni

I'm surprised it plays them as well as you say and without any missing voices. There will be some that you will hit problems with I'm sure.

Also the quality of a new keyboard isn't only about the styles, there is many elements that make up the whole package, the styles are only about 25%.

Offline rgw

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 12:51:40 PM »
Hi Henni
I will send the styles to you during this afternoon.

Its my plesure.

Peter

Hi Peter,
The same has happened to me as to Henni. I shall be grateful if you could send them to my email address also which is rgw1937@gmail.

Offline Henni

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 01:06:08 PM »
Hi Joe H,

I've removed the Revo Drums & it is much better. I would estimate about 95% of the styles play more or less correct. I will now try to find the latest note transposition table from MixMaster, install in in Midi Player & see if I can come up with better results. Having Win XP, the latest MixMaster will not run on my system.

Yes, I agree most styles are just a same old same. However, there are a few completely new styles & those do not sound too bad, even as is.

However, It is not a high enough upgrade to justify the higher price. I am sure everything will sound much better on the original, but if my unit can play most of the parent voices then there cannot be such a huge difference after all.

To date the Genos standard demos no longer leaves me mesmerized as the current style conversions are not far off from the original. Francessco is adding a lot of colour to those, but there are not many to be had.

Thus if the others like Onacimus, Drake and the rest are finished with these we will not miss out on too much.

All the best my friend,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline pmahl

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 01:53:28 PM »
Hello rgw

I tried it, but I got the following message always: Recipient address rejected: need fully-qualified address

Please check.

Peter
Peterm

Offline rgw

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 02:14:31 PM »
Hi Peter,

Sorry! email should read  rgw1937@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance,
Richard.

Offline Henni

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 03:37:01 PM »
Hi all,

Yamaha finally did something to their flagship model styles. The voices can no longer be converted using batch processing. I did manage to fix the Revo drums though.

After MUCH frustration, I converted the first set of original Genos styles. These worked. Any newer Genos styles after that as well as the x900 styles simply cannot be converted. I have used both "Style Unlocker" and "File properties" corrections to no avail. Unless one of the clever members come up with a work around, it seems as if those have to be done by hand on a one to one basis.

Too bad...

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »
There are a few new styles onSX900. I do find I have to re-voice a lot to revo drums or you get odd squeakes and bangs. Once drums changed sound very good and even the OTS is good on most.

beykock

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 04:31:27 PM »
@Snicker740 :

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !

I herewith would like to thank you very much for uploading the SX900 styles !  :) :)

They sound great !
It looks like they are made for my Tyros5.
Even the adlibs, the vocal phrases in the styles sound wonderful. 

Best wishes, Babette

Offline rgw

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »
Hello rgw

I tried it, but I got the following message always: Recipient address rejected: need fully-qualified address

Please check.

Peter

Thank very much Peter. All received safe and sound.

The following users thanked this post: pmahl

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 06:06:46 PM »
I get the same message: files corrupt.
How can I download it?
Thank you
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 06:24:51 PM »
Firstly, thank you Snicker for providing a sneak preview of what's to come.. it confirmed a few things I was hoping for at least so thank you :)

Got home from work and I thought I would try some of these styles on the S975 to see what all the fuss was about.

Well, I am not sure how some of you have been getting them to sound "ok" but to me they sound a mess, the effects, balance, sounds, are completely out on most I tried.

I tried about 20 varied ones out of each category just to make sure and most of them had problems, the only ones that sounded OK were the ones that were already in the S975 or previous, even some of those still had tracks missing or drums were wrong (even when mapping to the S975's kits) there were still swishing and scratching sounds with the occasional boom and bang... Guitars on some were so loud and out of balance that it hurt my ears.

Well I had seen enough and just going to have to wait for the real thing soon because there is going to be a **** of a lot of tweaking going on to get these working well so I'd rather wait.

I didn't try them on my T4 but I can only imagine they'd be slightly better but not by much, probably comparable to how the Genos ones sounded on the T4 also.

Good luck tweaking !!!!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:26:30 PM by Danster72 »

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 06:47:01 PM »

They sound near perfect on my S770 as is - off course I would not say so once I hear them on the new units.

Certainly I think they could be made to sound pretty good, there's no doubt about that. It's good to have more new styles because lets face it everybody is probably going to ditch the 400 or so ones that everybody's already got as factory and concentrate on the new stuff nobody's heard before.

Just one question though, do these include the expansion pack styles!???

Offline pmahl

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 07:02:43 PM »
Hi Henni,
I just wanted to start to eliminate the revo drums.
Would you be so kind and let me know, how could you do that so quick?

Thank you
Peter
Peterm

Offline Henni

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »
Hi Peter,

I used Jorgens fantastic Revo Drum cleaner program. I am sure he will also present new software that would allow us to re-voice these styles - This I do by combining MixMaster with Midi player. It worked very well for the 1st bunch of Genos styles.

Onacimus WILL convert these styles properly as always, but off course it will take much time.

All the best my friend,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline pmahl

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 07:11:45 PM »
Hi Henni,
thank you very much for the quick answer. I also would do it with Revo Drum Cleaner, but is there a batch function? I would it do style by style.

Regards
Peter
Peterm

Offline Henni

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »
Hi Peter

You can select the folder, then highlight all the files in that folder. The only tedeous part is pressing OK for every single conversion, but these are mere multiple mouse clicks.

I do not get involved in anything if I cannot do it in a batch format. I do not have nearly the same patience as Onacimus. I think maybe it's because I come from a industrial process automation programming background.

Keep well my friend,

Henni
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:22:27 PM by Henni »
...Fly Forever!

Offline pmahl

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 07:29:01 PM »
Hi Henni,
we are always learning. Your description helped me to understand it now. This way is much quicker (even if it's not a batch function); It saves a lot of time.

Thanks again and good luck for your business further on.
Stay tuned

Peter
Peterm

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 08:34:31 AM »
After auditioning ALL those styles for the 3rd time I have to state:

1. They play BEAUTIFULLY as is on my PSR S770 (I estimated 99% of the voices actually playing)
2. The existing styles have been reworked - Mostly there is a HUGE improvement.
3. The new styles are beautiful - Yamaha seems to have adopted a more minimalistic approach to these new styles.
4. The Dance category has been COMPLETELY reworked - it seems that Yamaha is targetting younger customers.
5. They can only sound BETTER on the original, so I am sure that it should be AMAZING to hear them as intended.

Thank you Snicker with the awesome find and for sharing with the rest of us.

Henni

How do you do that? I can’t play the styles on my S970  :( for example on the salsa gran ciclón style I don’t hear any percussion instruments

Offline Henni

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »
The absolute best of both - the very latest Genos factory styles along with those from the SX900, all grouped together with Revo drums removed:

Genos&X900

All the best,

Henni

beykock

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »
Hi Guys :

Are the SX700 styles available yet ?  ;)

Babette

Offline rgw

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »
The absolute best of both - the very latest Genos factory styles along with those from the SX900, all grouped together with Revo drums removed:

Genos&X900

All the best,

Henni

Hi Henni,

Do you have the Genos Styles on their own?

Richard.

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2019, 03:04:19 PM »

How do you do that? I can’t play the styles on my S970  :( for example on the salsa gran ciclón style I don’t hear any percussion instruments

I must be doing something wrong as they sound terrible on my S975. They just sound a complete mess and the latest downloads are worse with drums making bleeping noises like morse code !

It’s obvious it’s going to need heavy editing to make them sound acceptable but even with replacing the drum tracks with the internal kits it still sounds broken. All these styles are designed for the Revo drums so they’ll never work properly.

Offline Henni

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2019, 04:10:38 PM »
Hi Richard,

Just delete everything that ends with "_X" & you will be left with ONLY the Genos styles.

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline hans1966

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2019, 05:03:43 PM »
Hi Henni, thank you very much for sharing your efforts with us. It is obvious that parts of the style that do not sound correctly must be revoked or changed, but it is worth it. we must
Keep in mind that no previous keyboard will sound the same as the current flagship. Greetings. Hans
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:06:25 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Henni

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2019, 06:24:20 PM »
Hi Hans,

It's a pleasure my kind friend. I sincerely appreciate you taking a moment to write this.

Henni
...Fly Forever!

oly

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2019, 11:14:29 PM »
Thank you Snicker

Regards Oly

Offline rgw

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »
Hi Richard,

Just delete everything that ends with "_X" & you will be left with ONLY the Genos styles.

Henni

Hi Henni,

Thank you very much for the tip. It is much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Richard.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2019, 09:14:31 PM »
Thanks Henni for converting the rev drums out of these styles. The RHY1 drum slot seems to have a issues with the sound sometime. But if can't find a replacement, I'll delete it.

I am working on the 81 styles that have new names.

So far the OTS all sound great, however NO NAME shows up on my display as to what Voice is actually playing.

Thanks again,
Drake

Offline Henni

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2019, 09:55:46 PM »
...however NO NAME shows up on my display as to what Voice is actually playing...

Hi Drake,

You'll find the solution here - not something I will get involved in.

Keep well my friend,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline dtah80

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 04:41:20 AM »
Hi Snicker,

Thank You so much for sharing the SX900 styles with us.
I used 7Zip and had no issue whatsoever.

I would buy you a beer if I were in Saigon right now ;).

Take care,

David
David
Genos, PSR-740, MOXF6

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2019, 09:58:35 PM »
Henni. Appreciated.  Genos&SX900

QUESTION. Some style are marked X and others G ???
DGX670

Offline Henni

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2019, 10:59:22 PM »
Hi Graham,

1. _G = Genos
2. _X = PSR SX900

Keep well my friend,

Henni
...Fly Forever!

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2019, 11:12:37 AM »
Henni. Appreciated. I'm saying myself your answer is obvious...I must have had a senior moment...Ha!!!
DGX670

Offline Joe H

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2019, 03:11:29 PM »
...I must have had a senior moment...Ha!!!

You definitely qualify!

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2019, 07:32:16 PM »
Been listening to the SX900 styles that were posted here.  Played on an S975.  Even though some of the voices and drums don’t match-up quite properly, I can see the potential, once the new arranger arrives.  I’d like to say a big thanks to Yamaha for extending the “tail-outs” on many of the auto-endings.  Where appropriate to do so, the final chord really lingers, just like on an actual recording.  That’s a big deal for those of us, who do home recording and make backing tracks for singers.  On past models, many of the style endings (in my view) were truncated.  Keep the improvements coming.