Author Topic: How to load CMS Hard Rock file on 970  (Read 3678 times)

Offline NASAMike

How to load CMS Hard Rock file on 970
« on: August 14, 2019, 11:58:04 PM »
I downloaded the Hard Rock file from http://www.cms-sounddesign.de/page110.html but can't figure out how to get it to play.  It's a .ppf file.  Expansion packs from Yamaha seem to have both a .ppf and a .ppi file.

Thoughts?

Thx,
NASAMike

Offline Patrick

Re: How to load CMS Hard Rock file on 970
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 12:21:58 AM »
Hi Nasa, you must load your PPF in YEM software then import your Hardrock guitar in PPF format in YEM; after you can make a PPI with all yours files in your S970 using a USB stick; you can found some help on this forum about YEM or on YouTube perhaps, all the best Patrick

Offline overover

Re: How to load CMS Hard Rock file on 970
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 12:27:21 AM »
Hi NASAMike,

you don't need a .ppi file (from a SINGLE Pack)!

A .ppi file can be DIRECTLY installed on the keyboard, BUT all other, previous installed Expansion content will be DELETED from the keyboard's Expansion Wave memory.

What you need is the latest version (2.5.3) of the Yamaha Expansion Manager program (YEM), installed on your PC or Mac.

Then export the "Instrument Info" file (.n27) from your Keyboard to a USB stick (in "[FUNCTION] → TAB [F] MENU 2 → [G] SYSTEM → TAB [E] OWNER" display.

Now connect the USB stick to the PC/Mac and import the "Instrument Info" file to the YEM (as "Install Target").

Then import the .ppf file to YEM: Select "Import Pack" by clicking the PLUS sign near "My Packs".

Click on your "Install Target" (the PSR-S970) on the left side. Make sure all the Packs you want to install on the S970 have a LIGHT GREEN checkmark. (If NOT click on the checkmark again).

Then click on "Save as Pack Install File" button to save your personal .ppi file to the connected USB stick.

Connect the USB stick to the keyboard, press "[FUNCTION] → TAB [F] MENU 2 → [F] PACK INSTALLATION", select your Pack Installation file (.ppi) on the USB stick and press "[6 down] (INSTALL)"

To select the installed Expansion voices later, press [EXPANSION / USER] button (or open the Voice Selection display in another way and go to USER tab and Expansion folder). Each Pack has his own folder there.

Hope this helps!

P.S.
Patrick was faster, because I was interrupted while writing my posting ... ;)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:04:47 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively