Author Topic: Tyros 4 UVN Files  (Read 25695 times)

Offline meyrick

Tyros 4 UVN Files
« on: August 13, 2019, 06:21:46 AM »
I should know the answer but have to ask. Are the UVN files from a Tyros 4 compatible with Tyros 5? I have a T4 and my grandson has the T5 but as we are 6000 mile apart I don't want to be sending something he cannot use.
Many thanks for any info
meyrick

bmarcill

Re: Tyros 4 UVN Files
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 06:54:21 AM »

hello

possible   T4 AND T5 ARE UVN

ben

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 06:56:42 AM »
Hi meyrick,

yes, .UVN and .UVD voice files can be used with the Tyros5. They can be imported "as Content" in YEM (into a new, own Pack that has to be created before or into an existing, own Pack).

Important: Tyros5 should be updated to the latest firmware version (1.13) before, and also the latest YEM version (2.5.3) should be used.

There are three types of .UVN/.UVD voice files:

1. The file does NOT contain any samples, the voice is using internal samples of the Tyros4 only (file size only about 1 to 4 KB)

2. The file contains samples (.wav) and the voice is NOT using internal samples of the Tyros4

3. The file contains samples (.wav) AND the voice is also using internal samples of the Tyros4

The good news is: All three types of .UVN/.UVD voice files can be used with the Tyros5 (as described above). :)

P.S.
If you have a T4 Library file (.UVI), and all the corresponding .UVN/UVD files (that are linked in the .UVI file) are in the same folder (on a USB stick or on the PC's hard drive), you can simply import the .UVI file in the YEM by "Import Pack". In this way, an new Pack will be created automatically (with the voices in the order specified by the .UVI file).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:07:04 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 12:47:59 PM »
Yes always best to send your UVN files in a library as this also creates a UVI file that the YEM will use to load the whole pack including any registrations you may have set up using these voices as long as they are also saved to the library folder.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:15:32 PM by EileenL »

The following users thanked this post: meyrick

Offline meyrick

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 02:45:50 PM »
Thanks to both Chris and Eileen for your replies, most helpful. The detail is very much appreciated.

Thanks again
meyrick

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »
Hi meyrick,

thanks for your feedback! :)

By the way: Eileen was talking about .UVN files in reply #3, of course.

.TVN files (Tyros2 Custom Voice format) are not directly compatible with Tyros5/YEM, but they can be converted to .UVN format by using Yamaha "Tyros3 FileConverter".

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:17:48 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 01:16:37 PM »
Hi all,

I have a T4 also which I wanted to also transfer my .UVN/UVD files over to the SX900, would this same principle used here work on the SX900 also?

Thank you very much.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 12:03:44 PM »
Yes Danny Save your UVN files on Tyros 4 as a library and then import this in
 to the YEM as a Pack. You can then load into your SX900

The following users thanked this post: Danny1972

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 01:06:32 PM »
Yes Danny Save your UVN files on Tyros 4 as a library and then import this in
 to the YEM as a Pack. You can then load into your SX900

Fantastic Eileen, thank you very much :)