Author Topic: The pro's and con's of competitive arranger keyboard's question  (Read 4399 times)

beykock

Hi :

I would like to ask the moderators of this forum if it is allowed to discuss here the pro's and con's of the most important competitor's arranger keyboards.

Maybe it might be useful to gather this information to make a comparison with our Yamaha keyboards and to show everybody how good Yamaha's arranger keyboards are and where improvement could take place to make them even better ?

Good idea or not ?
Your comments are most welcome.

Thanks, Babette

3dc

Re: The pro's and con's of competitive arranger keyboard's question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »
This is one of those typical soon to transform into flame wars topic that burned down so many notable forums in the past. This kind of discussion is not a problem when discussed among civilised professionals but it is among fan boys and girls defending blindly the brand shield. On other hand this could be a very useful topic for members if conducted in civilised manner as it gives you the birds eye overview on current situation and future possibilities about keyboards.

So proceed carefully at your own risk.  :P  :)   

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 06:40:49 PM »
This forum serves Yamaha users.

It will sever nobody here and only cause hard feelings. Some of our members have multiple keyboard brands, why? Because they still can't make up their mind what they want ... LOL

Please CLOSE this THREAD.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:42:24 PM by DrakeM »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 06:48:41 PM »
I have to agree with Drake . There have been some discussions in the past. They started OK, but always escalated and became a nuisance.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline mikf

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »
The main purpose of this forum is to educate users on how to use their Yamaha arrangers, not to provide buying comparisons with other keyboards.  We may have always been fairly relaxed about some discussion of features on other keyboards but a topic that specifically lists and invites detailed comparison of features would not be a good idea.  I think its a non-starter to allow that and am sure that all moderators would agree with me on this. Please do not start such a topic.
I honestly think its a little naive to even ask this question and this thread is now closed.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Joe W, jerryghr, Ed B, Joe H, hans1966, murrayb, pjd

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 12:44:13 AM »
Thanks Mike.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...