Author Topic: Looking for powerful styles  (Read 2712 times)

Looking for powerful styles
« on: August 11, 2019, 12:37:55 PM »
Hi guys. I'm looking for Dance, Trance styles for Genos. I am starting after 20 years without doing anything. It is the musical style that I like the most. Could you pass me some place to get them? Or if someone has and wants to pass them to me? Thank you very much and I hope to learn a lot.

The following users thanked this post: Mobeus

Offline Styles2psr

Re: Looking for powerful styles
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 12:13:22 PM »

Hi Juan,

You can start with downloading different Dance & Trance styles from my own collections here:
http://www.styles2psr.com/?page_id=110

There is also 2 Expansion Pack you can download for free.

If you like more advance Dance EDM & Trance styles, voices, and drumkits, check out my Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Styles2psr/videos?view_as=subscriber

Regards, Jan.

The following users thanked this post: Mobeus, wersianer

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 09:39:55 AM »
Thank you. I will turn to look. A greeting.

Offline 3dc

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:37:31 AM »
Hi Juan,

You can start with downloading different Dance & Trance styles from my own collections here:

Are those the same styles that Trance Jedi uses? Can I use them on Yamaha PSR-S670?
Yamaha PSR-E463

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline robinez

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 10:56:53 AM »
It's not that hard to modify the existing dance styles in the genos to better sounding and more usefull ones. There are a few things that you can do to make it sound more to your own liking.

1. Add your own drumkit with Dance drum samples. (you can do this in YEM, it's easy to do and there are lots of free drumkits on the internet which you can use, or you can use buy a professional kit from suppliers like Vengeance or Loopmasters)
2. Chance the sounds and effects of the style to the atmosphere you would like to achieve. This can be easely done in the style creator.

That's basically all you have to do.

I've posted a demonstration of this earlier where i modified the Style Electro house (from the dance category) to make it suitable for a more trance like feeling, it's not that hard to do this yourself.

In this song i use three registrations where all registrations are using different kind of Arpeggiator patterns to use in the song. There are several tricks used in this video to make it possible to create this sound in the genos.

1: The style is the default style Electro house, however it was modified in the style creator by assigning a different kick in the drum setup and a supporting bassline in one of the acc lines.
2: The Pad sound halfway the song is using an LFO trick to simulate sidechaining. You can do this in the voice edit menu of the selecter upper sound. I assigned it to the Mod joystick and hold that value by pressing the hold mod button.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mffYAa72KA

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 03:12:07 PM »
Ok. I love how it sounds. I will start using style creator. I am a little awkward. :)