PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

Wish List -- PSR-E473 / PSR-EX400 / PSR-E560...

<< < (2/5) > >>

casiokid:
L/R & R  1/4" speaker jacks, like on the E410 to attach  KS-SW100 sub woofer

zaid alyassi:
When will Yamaha PSR-E473 be released  in the market?

rodrigo.b:
Hi, my wishlist is very short:

1. Color Screen (like the PSR SX600)
2. MegaVoices

HiHoSilver:
My PSR-E473 wishlist, based on my PSR-E463 and comparing it to my old PSR-220 from the mid-to-late 1990s, would include (in no particular order):

* Being able to disable vibrato on voices - for instance, if I want to play a chord with each note on a different instrument (either two voices using dual or any number of voices recorded one at a time), the way a real human ensemble would play it, vibrato is usually unwanted, but there's no control over this.  For instrumental chords, I'm pretty much stuck with having to use the pre-packaged ensemble voices, where every "instrument" in the ensemble plays all notes simultaneously.
* More shortcuts to specific "functions" - I can go directly to the functions for dual or split voice, for instance, by pressing and holding the button, but there's no way to go directly to the main voice settings (not to pick the voice itself, but to adjust things like pan or attack), touch sensitivity, reverb type, etc.  The layout of my 220's limited options for this sort of thing was much better.
* Better quality on some voices - many of the voices sound much more like the real instrument than my 20+ year old 220, and some, uh, still sound like a cheap keyboard.  I'm not asking for professional quality here, just not blatantly fake.
* Better documentation - the manual's pages are half the size of my 220's manual, many things are missing (e.g. the voice list, which you have to download), it needs to be proofread, and it leaves lots of questions unanswered so you have to use your favourite search engine to try to find out what they mean by cool, sweet, KSP, velocity crossfade, etc.

SciNote:
The more that time goes by, the more that I think that the PSR-E473 is going to be little more than a PSR-E463 with S.Art Lite and * maybe * portamento.  And if portamento is offered, there's a good chance that it will be like it is in the PSR-I500 which -- based on the manual -- does not allow the portamento setting to be saved in a registration and requires menu-diving to switch it on and off, making it virtually unusable in a live performance situation.  Again, I'm going by the manual, as I have no direct experience with this keyboard -- If I am wrong, please let me know.

I wonder when Yamaha will even release the E473.  A Google search for "Yamaha PSR-E473" turns up little more than my own posts on this forum!  It's funny that companies like Apple and Samsung can make sure the latest version of their smartphones are released annually, like clockwork, but keyboards like this are now released at a glacial pace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version