Author Topic: Hello from Vancouver Canada  (Read 109081 times)

littleComposers

Hello from Vancouver Canada
« on: August 10, 2019, 07:12:56 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Ernst Renner, I'm a musician from Austria and live in British Columbia which is on the beautiful west coast.
I've spent my younger years performing with various traveling bands and now I record, arrange, compose and mentor the next generation.

Earlier tonight I was looking for information regarding the auxiliary input on my Genos and came across this forum. WOW! I am so glad that others have asked and answered all kinds of questions that will help me to make the most of my Genos.

Now I have a lot of reading to do ... and look forward to learning a few new tricks and making some new friends. :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:22:11 AM by littleComposers »

Offline MINKYCATS

Re: Hello from Vancouver Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:07:49 AM »
Hello lttleComposers,

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds as though you have a wealth of experience to draw on from your previous years

Congratulations on acquiring your Genos.

You will find a wealth of information here which will help you with Genos and more besides.

The guys and gals here will help you whenever they can so don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Kind regards

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 07:50:08 PM »
Hi Ernst,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your Genos keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains almost 73,000 song titles in over 2,000 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Roland

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 08:48:21 PM »
Hallo Ernst,

Welcome and greetings from the Canadian Rockies (Alberta).

Tschüss, Roland
PS: Born in Wien :-)

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 06:50:22 PM »
Hi Ernst,
wellcome to the forum :)

Offline Bruce Breen

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 07:37:37 PM »
Hello and welcome from Ontario, Canada!
Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

Offline porterma

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 07:43:29 PM »
Hi Ernst,
Welcome to the Forum.
I am also from Vancouver, Canada and have a been a member of the Forum for over 5 years, playing the Tyros 4  and now the Genos.
You will find this Forum very helpful.

Mark

littleComposers

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 11:49:21 PM »
WOW, I did not expect such a friendly welcome!

Thank you MINKYCATS, Roger, Roland, panos, Bruce and porterma.

I'm having a blast playing all the "old" tunes on my Genos. What an amazing machine. :)

I've just finished typing out the Yamaha Genos Voice List with MSB, LSB and ProgramChange numbers.
If anyone would like to use it as a reference when calling up voices from a DAW then you are most welcome to use it. - e
The PDF has the instruments hyperlinked which makes finding what I need a bit faster. Improvement suggestions welcome.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: Ed B

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 12:17:12 AM »
Welcome Ernst!  :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 12:51:17 AM »
Ernst, welcome!  This forum is the best forum for Yamaha arrangers.   I joined it in 2007 when I purchase a PSR3000 and I learned more in a few weeks here than I could have learned in a year on my own.  Enjoy the ride!
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

littleComposers

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »
Thank you Toril S and stephenm52,

it's a rainy day in Vancouver and Genos is about ready to be tickled (results of that abuse might or might get posted to YouTube) ;)

Offline Gloria

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 07:30:49 PM »
Hello Ernest & welcome from a hot & sunny  :) Arizona! (We could use some of your rain!)  Looking forward to hearing your first song post!

Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 08:37:07 PM »
Hello Ernest & welcome from a hot & sunny  :) Arizona! (We could use some of your rain!)  Looking forward to hearing your first song post!

Gloria

Gloria, I’d be happy to send some of this rain from Florida to you.  We’ll have plenty of it with hurricane Dorian on the way. :) :).  I guess there’s never a happy medium this has been a very rainy summer in Florida.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

littleComposers

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 12:23:13 AM »

Gloria

Hello Gloria,
As I was recording I heard this LOUD thunder .... almost pressed a wrong key ;) We'll get plenty tomorrow and in the days to come.

Speaking of recording ... here is my very first video that I just made and uploaded to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9YXd77e-k&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 01:23:55 AM by littleComposers »

Offline Gloria

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 08:39:28 AM »
I'm confused - you said "I'd be happy to send some of this rain from Florida to you - - but you greeted us with "Hello from Vancouver, Canada." 
I enjoyed your song very much, I have heard somewhere before & always wondered what the name of it was. The trumpet sound is very realistic the way you played it & very nice.

Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

littleComposers

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 06:31:19 AM »
Hello Gloria,

stephenm52 (see his reply above) sends the rain. :) But if I could, I'd gladly sent you a few days worth of endless drops. Soon it's going to start but I suppose it's those rainy days that keep British Columbia beautiful just like our license plates say.