Author Topic: Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)  (Read 208833 times)

Offline Toril S

Re: Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)
« Reply #200 on: October 30, 2021, 01:19:40 PM »
My oldest Yamaha is 31 years old. Still going strong. In future keyboards I want more contrast on the screen. I like to just sit and play. The Genos is probably overkill for my simple needs, but I love it!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #201 on: October 30, 2021, 07:01:33 PM »
Bought my first CLP300 in 1985(?) when I moved to HK (so it's got the 220v UK plug, but luckily switchable voltage) and it still works.
Then my PSR60, followed by my Roland E20 (yup, still arranger) in '88. Bought my 2nd Clavinova in 2006.

Now, I haven't even plugged in my DX7 (1983 mk 1... was so bummed when they released the stereo version, but I'd already blown my budget on the CLP and PSR) in a decade (it was in storage) so I'll have to go check to see if that still works; but if it does, then everything still works!

Yeah, my 1st Yamahas are nearly 40 years old

Oh, and I actually had (well my dad did) had a Hammond B3 with twin rotary speakers (Not sure what model... they weren't "box shaped" like most Leslies).
Mark

Offline bandaclick

« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2022, 10:45:07 AM »
First Yamaha will have to correct the many errors that Genos has......
- LCD dimmer
-files with long names not recognized/not read
-Copy files to ssd from usb we need to change the file type, this shouldn't happen
-the mfd10 pedalboard does not have the possibility of configuring it on all Tyros it worked on the Genos they did not include it
-both players should access any type of file as in other keyboards
- etc etc etc

It's very sad that we have a Genos and there are many things that don't work right I sent it to yamaha from the beginning 3 years ago and they never answered or fixed it.
I have a Korg PA4x and it's the one I use the most, much more functional, much more practical.
I am considering selling my Genos

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2022, 08:15:31 AM »
- LCD dimmer
-Copy files to ssd from usb we need to change the file type, this shouldn't happen
-the mfd10 pedalboard does not have the possibility of configuring it on all Tyros it worked on the Genos they did not include it
- etc etc etc

It's very sad that we have a Genos and there are many things that don't work right I sent it to yamaha from the beginning 3 years ago and they never answered or fixed it.
I have a Korg PA4x and it's the one I use the most, much more functional, much more practical.

Hey!
I completly agree.
Yamaha could well start copying everything from the Tyros 5 to start with,
but they have not done so, apparently.
Very sad that nothing happens to correct all errors
after such a long time has passed.
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2022, 10:34:06 PM »
I don't agree...
Yes, Genos has some missing things, but sorry to say for you bandaclick... Korg will NEVER sounds like Yamaha!!!
Yes, it does not have all the functions of Korg, but they will implement some of them, in time.
First of all, there are a lot of Yamaha keyboard players which only are "sit and play" keyboard players.. they open their keyboards and only play with the styles and voices they have in their keyboards (or they buy from Yamaha's music soft site). There are a lot of these users that they don't need some functions and don't care if Genos will have or not some professional functions. They will not use them because they don't know how and why those functions are needed in the keyboard :)))

Now... to copy from Tyros 5?! What?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 11:11:29 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Toril S

« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2022, 10:59:13 AM »
Most of us are very happy and satisfied with our Genos. If you do not like it, sell it to someone that have the sense to appreciate it!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2022, 12:06:53 PM »
I have to agree Toryl,
  I buy a keyboard to sit and play it and it has everything needed to do that. I don't want to manufacture music as I can buy a CD for this.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2022, 02:03:24 PM »
@ Toril

Who is 'most of us'? Most of the Genos users here at PSR, or worldwide?
To me, your statement sounds somewhat condescending. Users usually have different needs, so pointing out personal views and needs should be perfectly OK without being asked to sell and buy another.

@ Eileen.

Yamaha has used big words and launched Genos as a real WORKSTATION..
Quote:
"Welcome to the new world of Digital Workstations. Genos is the new benchmark in Digital Workstation sound, design and user experience. Whether you are in a recording studio or on stage, Genos will inspire and intensify your musical creation and performance."

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/index.html

Looks like it's not aimed for only the 'sit down and play' users?

Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline mikf

« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2022, 04:09:23 PM »
GJ - of course if you spend several thousand on a product it’s disappointing to then find out it has some annoying shortcomings. But I think Toril’s point saying ‘most of us’ is also correct because I bet 90% of Genos owners (and I do mean all not just this forum members) neither noticed or care much about the items on his list. That doesn’t mean they are not important to him, but I doubt those items were the driving force that made him choose Genos in the first place. And of course everyone else might have their own quite different list of annoying shortcomings. Mine is that none of these high end end Yamaha keyboards have a final mix on the recording function. You have to use external software for that. But he, like most of us, probably weighed up the sound and overall functionality against alternatives. Even if he had known about these annoying shortcomings at the time, would they really have trumped his overall reasons for choosing Genos? Hmmm??
But of course it is his choice, so if it does spoil his enjoyment of Genos that much, then it’s a free market, choose an alternative that meets more of his his objectives. But no product is ever all things to all men!
Mike

Offline Toril S

« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2022, 08:18:24 PM »
- LCD dimmer
- etc etc etc

Well, maybe I was a bit harsh, but I reacted to the last sentence here. The poster says that the Korg is much mor practical, and that he considers selling the Genos. This is a Yamaha forum. I am a bit tired of Genos bashers! No keyboard ever has got so much bashing. Here I go again...
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2022, 11:47:00 PM »
Here again I have to agree with you Toril. Even when people are asking for extra's they still trash the keyboard for not having them or being full of bugs and it does get tiresome as I thought this forum was to help people with problems not run the keyboards down.

Offline woeper

« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2022, 08:08:56 PM »
I want to complain about the Genos. But then i must be able to buy one.

I,ve to wait to the end of september :'(

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2022, 08:08:20 PM »
  Well, maybe I was a bit harsh, but I reacted to the last sentence here. The poster says that the Korg is much mor practical, and that he considers selling the Genos. This is a Yamaha forum. I am a bit tired of Genos bashers! No keyboard ever has got so much bashing. Here I go again...

Hi Toril, FWIW, not bashing either, they both have good things (The Korg has the nicest feeling keys, and the all metal construction is nicer, and I like that the multipads show you on screen which ones are currently active, and all the styles sound good out of the box because of really good drum samples... even better than T5, but not Genos). Korg also had touchscreens first, and the current PA1000's have HDMI output for video. No converter needed.

FWIW though, comparing the sounds: Both have great drum sounds, but the older Yamaha samples from when they switched over the PSR3000 were a bit flat, *all* of the Korg drums sound good, Strings: synth strings Korg has a slight edge, but Yamaha acoustic strings sound *much* more realistic. Guitars: Korg finally copied the Super Articulated guitars with their fret noises and body taps (Yamaha has had that since Tyros 2 in 2006, Korg didn't implement until 2015 with PA4x), and their nylon guitars do sound a bit more natural now. But Yamaha's steel guitars have the edge. Distortion guitars, both are good (Yamahas sound more real due to being sample based, but Korg's have the ability to do pinched harmonic squeals, something I've been wanting on a Yamaha since they introduced Super Articulation). Korg also copied the S.Art 2 phrasing of saxophones (which Yamaha has had since 2008, tyros 3, Jazz sax, etc) but it doesn't behave as intuitively; when I hit the phrase button on the Korg PA, it doesn't automatically switch to monophonic phrasing... I'll actually get the gliss as well as the note I'm playing *at the same time*. Yamaha's is definitely better. Yamaha's acoustic bass sounds are the best, but the 'punch' electric basses are better on Korg (you can *feel* the thump in your chest). Korg also has the edge on synths and Hammonds, especially pad synths. Both pianos are good. For horns, Yamaha has the edge.

However, saying "Much more functional" is questionable. A few of the reasons for Yamaha's popularity:

1) Ease of use (you can simply look up new styles on a USB stick on a Yamaha... on the Korg? You have to individually copy and paste each style from your usb to install it, can't access externally from the USB stick.) And yes, there is a mass copy function, but it doesn't fill out all the memory slots (the Korg uses a fixed array with User 1, 2, 3, then Favourites 1-12? I think, as individual folders). If you use a mass copy, it only fills out as many as the source directory (so if the source only had 5 styles, it'll only copy those 5 styles into the Korg user folder then erase the rest, wherin you have to individually install each style individually).
Yes you have to *install* styles!

2) Sample library: Yamaha's format was easy enough that anyone can make samples using wav files, and so there are many, many sources, as well as Yamaha themselves have many, many packs. Korg's sample packs are limited in scope (Indian, Oriental, that's about it, and they're really pricey. $250-$400 USD depending on your model), and it's difficult to program for so there are many sample producers out there, and the 3rd party ones available are pricey (and almost all exclusively dedicated to Persian/Oriental sample packs) as well. Additionally, when you install samples to the instrument, there is a fixed number of sample slots... so it almost doesn't matter how much sample ram space the Korg instrument has, the number of samples limits the number of importable sounds. You can put *bigger* samples in, but not more. Yamahas allow for many, many smaller samples or fewer larger samples, depending on what you want. But no Chinese, no Indonesian, no Italian, Celtic, Country music, etc, sample packs.

3) No registrations on Korg. So my demos with switching arrangements on the fly simply aren't possible there.

Mark

Offline Toril S

« Reply #213 on: April 28, 2022, 10:47:23 PM »
Thanks Mark. Very interesting!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline sunny

« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2022, 05:13:30 PM »
GENOS PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS :

1) OVERALL SOUND : Sound is warm but not Bright. Brighter sound needed like Tyros5.

2) KEYBOARD LENGTH IS NOT CONVENIENT ;  61 Note keyboard is preferred.

3) NO INDIAN VOICES & NO INDIAN DRUM KIT : All indian voices available in Yamaha MONTAGE & MODX keyboards and Indian Drum kit to be included in Genos replacement keyboard.

4) NO SEAMLESS SOUND SWITCHING (CUTTING OF VOICES ) : Voices are cutting off when Registrations are changed, Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) is highly needed like Montage keyboard.

5) ORGAN & CHOIR SECTION TO BE IMPROVED : Hauptwerk Pipe Organ Voices and Wurlitzer Electro Static Reed Organ and Farfisa,COMBO Organ voices needed.

6) REGISTRATIONS SAVING PROBLEM :

(A) During live performance, When Registrations are saved from one bank to another, pop up message asking to save or not, this is not convenient during live performance. Registrations need to be saved immediately like earlier PSR-740 keyboard without any pop up message. Two options needed for saving Registrations 1) Direct Registrations saving one bank to another without pop up message 2) Registrations saving with pop up message.

(B) Last used Registrations voices to resume automatically, when the keyboard is turned off and on.

(C) Registrations buttons to be increased to 16 . Assignable buttons also to work like Registrations buttons.

7)  MICROPHONE SECTION :

(A) Dual Microphone inputs needed.

(B)  Master Reverb,Chorus effects to be applied for Microphone sound when Microphone output is routed through Sub Outputs.

(C) Feedback destroyer function needed.

(D) Vocal Harmony button to be always off on default.

8 ) ASSIGNABLE FOOT PEDAL FUNCTION  : Foot pedal to control Song Volume and DEMO volume.

9) STYLE (ACCOMPANIMENT) VOLUME :

(A) Sub-Woofer Output : A new Separate sub woofer output needed for Accompaniment(Style) voice.

(B) Accompaniment (style) volume need to be controlled with pedal also.

(C) Accompaniment (Style) output to be assigned to sub outputs without any missing of Master Reverb and Chorus effects.

10) STYLE (Accompaniment ) Volume changes MIDI Message :
Accompaniment (Style) should generate MIDI messages, so that Accompaniment (Style) volume can be controlled by using external MIDI volume pedal.

11) AFTER TOUCH EFFECT WITH PEDAL :  After Touch effect to be applied via Pedals,since some players don't like to shake the key or applying pressure on keyboard.

12) INDIVIDUAL UPPER OCTAVE BUTTONS :
Individual upper octave buttons needed for R1,R2 and R3.

13) NEW TRILL TONE/ TREMOLO EFFECT BUTTON AND LAST NOTE HOLD BUTTON : New Trill button needed for adding Trill tone effect to Dulcimer, Mandolin,Santoor, Banjo, Rabab etc voices and a new  "Hold Button " needed to hold last played note like left hold button.

14) MULTIPADS : Multipads buttons (1-4) to be off when pressing on each button again.

15) REGISTRATIONS & FREEZE BUTTON : Registration button &Freeze button to hold Master Reverb, Chorus, Master Equalizer and Compressor settings.

16) TEMPO SPEED CONTROL ON DISPLAY :
Style tempo speed control to be controlled on Display with digital slider with touch response.

17) AUDIO RECORDING :

(A) Extra separate track recording for Microphone needed.

(B) Separate manual volume slider to control Line In (Audio In) volume.

18) WI-FI SHARING OF AUDIO RECORDINGS :
Audio songs recorded to be shared through Mobile phone through Wi-Fi.

19) PDF FILES DISPLAY :
PDF song sheets to be displayed on the Display.

20) 8 PIN MINI DIN CONNECTOR PROBLEM :  8 Pin Mini Din Connector pins are getting damaged, replace 8 Pin Mini Din Connector with normal instrument cables for external speaker system.

Sunny.

Offline nonchai

« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2022, 02:37:51 PM »
My list...

For any arranger workstation to be classed or marketed as suitable for use by a composer, songwriter or producer working in a home studio or composer production suite with a DAW - here are what I consider the MINIMUM requirements for a hardware arranger to be usable SEAMLESSLY and thus workflow wise, productively...... WITH A DAW....

Firstly I will state the two areas content-wise which need to be seamlessly accessible or shareable by the DAW user:

A ) MIDI ( song and style data, along with program change messages )
B) Internal sounds used by the hardware by the MIDI above.

So how to support A ) seamlessly ?

1 ) Allow the arranger MIDI data area used for internal sounds, as well as on any external memory sticks - to be accessed directly by allowing user data to be presented to the DAW computer as en external drive over USB.

2 ) failing 1 ) provide some kind of app on Mac/pc that via some proprietary means lets a user on a computer access data on the arranger AS IF IT WERE A HARD DRIVE....

having to continually swop USB thumb drives between arranger and computer is simply not good enough for the purposes being discussed here.

So how to support B ) seamlessly ?

1 )  The arranger needs to support outputting digital audio over USB for at least 16 stereo channels.   

The top workstations a( NAUTILUS, MONTAGE, FANTOM )  do this already.  It requires that the Arranger has onboard a suitable chip for example from XMOS -

https://www.xmos.ai/usb-multichannel-audio/.   

2 ) In order to have total-recall of patch choices when using instruments in an arranger piped over USB into a DAW project its not enough - and impractical - to always have to include PC+MSB+LSB midi data in ones MIDI tracks.  So instead - two of the leading workstation brands - MONTAGE and KRONOS/NAUTILUS provide dedicated VST/AU plugins which when hosted in a DAW project, allow internal sounds and patches to be selected from the keyboard and piped into the DAW project.
 But these plugins go further. Whenever the DAW project containing any of these plugins on one or more MIDI tracks is saved - a record of the actual patches used on the track gets saved into the plugin internal save-state. And whence the DAW project is reopened - say on a different day - the plugin sends the appropriate messages back to the connected keyboard in order that the same instruments that were used when the project was saved - get called up again.

Such "total recall" really is a time saver.

See here for how Yamaha and KORG themselves do this in MONTAGE and KRONOS.  A top end workstation arranger purported to be usable as a composition, song or production tool in a home/professional studio or composing suite- needs to have this functionality too.

--- How montage supports DAWs

https://youtu.be/11ccxrU2QzY

"MONTAGE Connect is a convenient tool which lets you transfer data between your computer and the MONTAGE. Song data created on the MONTAGE can be transferred to your computer and the Performance data edited on the MONTAGE can be saved as a file (.X7B) on the computer. MONTAGE Connect, based on Steinberg’s VST3 technology, works as a VST3 plug-in with the Cubase series. The MONTAGE Connect also works as the same way as other VST instrument software, allowing you to save the edited settings of the MONTAGE, or use them for another project. MONTAGE Connect also works as an AU plug-in. For AU compatible DAW software, refer to the separate Release Notes. It can also be used as standalone software."

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/montage_connect_mac.html

--- How KORG supports DAWs

https://www.korg.com/uk/news/2021/0916/

https://youtu.be/wS2L97iBiO8

Offline Pityus

« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2022, 02:32:04 PM »
Do you have information about the new Genos 2 instrument?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9HIxjZ47oE

Offline mixermixer

« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2022, 02:57:39 PM »
Do you have information about the new Genos 2 instrument?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9HIxjZ47oE

It's a photoshop fake.

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline pjd

« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2022, 06:28:45 PM »
It's a photoshop fake.

This Romanian site is notorious for faked click bait.  ::)

Please, enough! There are already several hi-jacked threads about this rubbish.

-- pj

Offline nonchai

Re: Genos successors wish LIST GENOS - CUBASE - tighter fit.
« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2022, 07:24:21 PM »
My wish is that Yamaha does what Apple did with Logic Pro.  Make Yamaha arrangers, fit hand in glove with Cubase.  AND GIVE GENOS owners a 'cross grade' price to upgrade to top of the Cubase line. .....

Yamaha had the temerity to claim or market the Genos as a "Workstation" and as something of use to not only one man band live performers ( of covers mostly ) but - SINGERS, SONGWRITERS and COMPOSERS or PRODUCERS - as I recall..

But as it is currently - with its bare bones CHORD LOOPER as it stands - and no direct USB AUDIO connection to a computer - its hard to see it as such.

But the CHORD LOOPER is the very feature that could act as a crossover thing that really begins to expand upon use cases. As a backing track player whose chord progressions come from in-the-moment improvisations or explorations.

The whole bridge between whats called "DAW-less" ie hardware only - and "in-the-box" ( ie everything done in a DAW ) needs to be explored.

Currently in the producer/composer world - even the most powerful arranger-backing track PLAYERS such as BAND IN A BOX - aren't used much and hardware arrangers considered a no no or a toy - but we all know that sonically they  are much much better these days and in any case use the same underlying tech as the big boy proper workstations.

Things that could act as glue between say Cubase and Genos - would be if Cubase had built in arranger features of some sort - it does - like so many workstations - go half way- in that one can set up pattern players and arpeggiators to follow the Chord track - but just like the same sort of thing in workstations-  it goes so far and no further.

Personally I think ( and have said so - with an outpouring of naysaying on the BIAB forum ) it would be a great thing if YAMAHA were to buy PG Music - or at least the rights to BIAB - and then use its core IP inside a future version of Cubase.

Commercially - this would if done right - open the way to much richer styles and content - for Yamaha. And the internal sounds for any Cubase arranger feature could use a modified HALION - one which - (at last ) would support switching sounds via PC LSB *and* MSB...

I like just using a hardware arranger totally without a computer-  its very freeing - but if used as something to come up with musical ideas for composing or songwriting there just has to be a seamless path from that to a DAW.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #220 on: August 16, 2022, 08:17:18 PM »
Please Yamaha...No more  printet buttons on any keyboard.

Offline tyros2009

« Reply #221 on: September 15, 2022, 02:55:35 AM »
My wish: ability to change parameters (voices, volume, effects) of each track of ANY section of a style without effecting other section AND option to let the change applicable to all sections.
Example; increase volume of the Phr1, Phr2 for Intro2 without effecting Intro3 and the other 3 endings.
On previous S and Tyros models, the example above with change volume of Phr1/2 for ALL sections. That's  very undesirable.

Korg PA-50, Yamaha YPG-235, E443, EW410, YPT400, Tyros3, Genos, Medeli AKX10, S770

Offline Joe H

« Reply #222 on: September 15, 2022, 04:00:45 PM »
My wish: ability to change parameters (voices, volume, effects) of each track of ANY section of a style without effecting other section AND option to let the change applicable to all sections.
Example; increase volume of the Phr1, Phr2 for Intro2 without effecting Intro3 and the other 3 endings.
On previous S and Tyros models, the example above with change volume of Phr1/2 for ALL sections. That's  very undesirable.

I believe that is possible by opening Style Creator and then selecting the Section or Part you wish to edit.  This will allow you to edit just that Section or Part without affecting the other Parts or Sections.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Online Enildo

« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2022, 10:58:23 AM »
I believe that is possible by opening Style Creator and then selecting the Section or Part you wish to edit.  This will allow you to edit just that Section or Part without affecting the other Parts or Sections.

Joe H

You are very correct Joe!
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2022, 09:28:26 PM »
tyro2009,

Did you give it a try? It should work for you.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2022, 11:45:59 PM »
Dear friends,

I have write an article of my personal and biggest wishes list for new generation of the Genos. I hope my option will be useful for you.

Here my article about new Genos2: https://psrstyles.com/our-blog/yamaha-keyboard-news/43-yamaha-genos-2-coming.html

Thank you
New Voice, Styles and Expansion Packs for yamaha Arranger Workstation Keyboards https://psrstyles.com

Offline ton37

« Reply #226 on: September 21, 2022, 07:38:01 PM »
Hi @Vitalog2010: my compliments for the extensive report and your substantiation on relevant points. It broadly covers, partly or not, the wish already expressed by many current Yamaha Genos owners. I may have overlooked it in the detailed description, but did you also send this to Yamaha Company and did you happen to get a response (I honestly don't expect them to give any response, at the most they got it? ).
If at moment X there is ever a new keyboard (eg. Genos 2/3) from Yamaha, we will be able to see, looking back on the wishes of their customers, whether Yamaha is:
A. a company that listens to its customers or ...
B. is a headstrong company that cares for itself what their customers have to like.
;)
My best regards,
Ton

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2022, 06:55:47 PM »
Hey Ton :

I am convinced Yamaha are listening to their customers' needs
( why not ? ) and ... Yamaha will surprise the world with their Genos ' successor but ... they need more time ( 11/2023 ? ) than most people might expect, I guess.

IMHO their new arranger will beat the PA5X and Yamaha will maintain their #1 World Position.

I am hoping the new Yamaha arranger will be made in 2 versions :
61 and 76 keys - wishful thinking ?

Best Wishes, JH

The following users thanked this post: vitalog2010

Offline ton37

« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2022, 08:10:44 PM »
@Jeff_H; I accidentally dropped my crystal ball, so it's no use to me now  ;D. So I have to wait and see what the future will bring us. ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline sunny

« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2023, 06:49:31 PM »
The Genos keyboard is excellent but it lacks Indian content and other important features. These are the suggestions for the upcoming Genos 2 replacement keyboard.

1) All these Indian voices which are available in Yamaha Montage & Modx keyboard are needed in Genos replacement keyboard.
     1) Bansuri 1
     2) Vib &Santoor
     3) Harnonium 2
     4) Tutti
     5) Banjo 1
     6) Voilin 1
     7)Bass &Mandolin
    8) Sweet Oboe
    9) Vibraphine
    10) Bass & Sitar
    12) Human Choir
    13) Nawa Sadaran
    14) Electric Voilin
    15) Old Flute
    16) Bansuri 2
    17) Sarangi
    18) Flute 2
    19) Shenhnai
    20) Strings2
    21) Surmandal
    22)Flute &String
   23)Santur Trill
    24) Rabab
   25) Oboe 1
   26) Dulcimer XP
   27) Mandolin Triller
   28) Bollywood Piano
   29) Indian Laed
   30)Electric Guitar
   31) Harmonium & Dargam
   32) Indian kit

OTHER FEATURES REQUIRED :

2) 61 Note keyboard with world wide selection of voices.

3) Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) like Montage keyboard to avoid break up voices while changing registrations.

4) New Trill effect button or Trill effect SA2 buttons needed for  for Santoor, Surmandal,Banjo, Mandolin &Dulcimer voices.

5) Trill effect to be assigned to Joystick or SA2 buttons for Santoor,Surmandal,Banjo, Mandolin &Dulcimer.

6) Organ voices in Genos keyboard are poor, Organ Voices need to be improved. Hauptwerk Pipe Organ voices, Combo Organs and Wurlitzer Electrostatic Reed Organs are needed.

7) Individual buttons for R1,R2,R3 for upper octave.

8) After Modulation effect to be assigned to pedal.

9)  Crossfade Portamento with velocity and time related parameters feature like PSR A5000 keyboard.

10) Instant Registrations saving like PSR 740 keyboard without getting pop up message ( like save YES or No).

11) Registrations buttons to be increased to 10.

12) System Reverb effect to be applied for  SUB outputs when Microphone output is assigned to SUB OUTPUTS.

13) Fast forward and creating play list  for Audio Player.

14) Audio recorder Songs to be shared via Wi-Fi or bluetooth. to Mobile Phones.

15) Last played voices to be restored automatically when the keyboard switched on.

16) Note off Signature feature  like Motif keyboard for custom samples.

17) Motorized Display needed.

18) Space to accommodate  using external I-pad on the keyboard.

19) To accommodate using light weight Plastic Music Stand also.

20) Multipads to be off  if pressed the same button again.

Sunny

Offline Duffy

« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2023, 07:01:23 PM »
Hey Ton :

I am convinced Yamaha are listening to their customers' needs
( why not ? ) and ... Yamaha will surprise the world with their Genos ' successor but ... they need more time ( 11/2023 ? ) than most people might expect, I guess.

IMHO their new arranger will beat the PA5X and Yamaha will maintain their #1 World Position.

I am hoping the new Yamaha arranger will be made in 2 versions :
61 and 76 keys - wishful thinking ?

Best Wishes, JH

I don't agree they are listening Jeff.
I have been complaining about lack of seamless sound switching since Tyros 4.
My Technics KN7000 could manage it ok 20 years ago.
That and a really good Hammond and Leslie sound would make it just about perfect for me.
All the best mate.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2023, 07:20:42 PM »
20) Multipads to be off  if pressed the same button again.

I definitely agree with this one

Regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Toril S

« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2023, 08:47:12 PM »
So do I!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2023, 10:21:54 AM »
Hi Guys :

Until the year 2002 Yamaha sold the best professional midi sequence programme ever made for Yamaha arrangers ( Tyros2 included ) : XGWORKS - XGW - .
That same year ( 2002 ) the German Steinberg company ( Cubase e.g. ) was acquired by Yamaha.
Yamaha ended the sales of XGW immediately. Updates were no longer available and XGW disappeared completely from Yamaha''s software range. :'( 

When the new Genos' successor will be in the market, I hope and pray a similar commercial sequence programme ( made by Yamaha or Steinberg } will be available for the new successor.
Nowadays many other Yamaha arranger owners are still using the old XGW ( like me ) but it is no longer usable for modern styles ( SFF2 format ). 
Only SFF1.sty's are working in XGW.
We all know the problems if SFF2 styles are converted to SFF1 styles. :P

Wishful thinking ? I hope not and I am still hopeful ...
Best wishes, JH
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 10:24:49 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2023, 11:18:06 AM »
I have never used any additional programmes for any of my keyboards but have always been able to do what I wanted and been quite happy with it.

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2023, 12:06:14 PM »
Well said Eileen!

I'm a member of several forums, and there always seem to be those who basically dismantle their cars/keyboards/boats/houses... etc etc.  instead of just enjoying them..  I never get it!

I saw that you have been unwell, and hope that you are feeling better.

Keith.
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2023, 12:33:45 PM »
Hi :

IMHO sequence progs, called DAWs, are very useful tools. :)
I am respecting those who have a different opinion but the advantages are very interesting for my home recording activities.

Best regards, JH

Offline EileenL

« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2023, 03:19:01 PM »
I just record my songs to Midi then adjust them and then record them into the Audio sequencer. Produces fine quality recordings and most enjoy them.

Offline pjd

« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2023, 07:02:42 PM »
Until the year 2002 Yamaha sold the best professional midi sequence program ever made for Yamaha arrangers (Tyros2 included) : XGWORKS - XGW - .
That same year ( 2002 ) the German Steinberg company ( Cubase e.g. ) was acquired by Yamaha. Yamaha ended the sales of XGW immediately. Updates were no longer available and XGW disappeared completely from Yamaha's software range. :'( 

Actually, Jeff does have a point. XGWorks was/is unique in that it directly supports XG features like voice editing, effects editing, and so forth. It also supports XF lyrics, if I recall correctly.

Cubase does none of that. Even though Cubase claims to support XF lyrics and chords, I have never been able to get it to do so correctly. You wind up micro-editing XF chords and lyrics at the most basic level (equivalent to manually editing System Exclusive messages). The only way to edit XG effects (AKA "DSP effects") is by hand-coding System Exclusive messages in hexadecimal.

Steinberg do not want to condescend to supporting things they did not invent -- XG and XF. Yeah, I think they are arrogant.  >:(

Sorry to end up sounding so negative. Jeff's suggestion is a positive one although directly reviving XGWorks may not be the final answer.

-- pj
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 07:04:50 PM by pjd »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2023, 11:13:12 PM »
I love Cubase and Wavelab :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox