Author Topic: Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)  (Read 208834 times)

Offline Ingar

Re: Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »
Eileen, that is a great idea! To be able to delete onboard styles that we never use and put in new ones!
But we can do that allredy, in a way. Styles does not take up much space, and can be left ignored if you don`t use them, then you can put inn new style in user at your leisure. And more, if we decides to sell, the original styles should be intact.
Just my two cents ;D

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2020, 04:01:05 PM »
But we can do that allredy, in a way. Styles does not take up much space, and can be left ignored if you don`t use them, then you can put inn new style in user at your leisure. And more, if we decides to sell, the original styles should be intact.
Just my two cents ;D

We all know that we can put styles in the User drive (and they'd be in alphabetical order!). The discussion is changing the preset styles.

Actually, I'd be happy if preset styles were in alphabetical order, which is something we know Yamaha could do. Would make them much easier to find.

Cheers.
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline metcam

« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2020, 07:13:48 PM »
SONG POSITIONS BOOTONS:

Since Yamaha rise song to 3MB now we need more "SONG POSITIONS markers"

It would be nice if Yamaha make in GENOS2 a minimum 8 or even better 12 of SONG POSITIONS markers:

Something like this:

SONG POSITIONS BOOTONS:  possibility to call positions trough registrations will be very  useful  in next update.

regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline metcam

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2020, 12:22:34 PM »
SONG POSITIONS BOOTONS:  possibility to call positions trough registrations will be very  useful  in next update.

regards

PART (VOICE/DRUM KIT)  and VOLUME change  for each MIDI Chanel possibility to memorize (REGISTRATIONS MEMORY)  and call when need. Same as style parts! This will  be a very helpful!

Thank you Yamaha
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 12:24:22 PM by metcam »
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline vanzee

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2020, 03:05:14 PM »
Hello,
something else to add to the list:
it would be easier if one could too
operate the midi-player via the physical buttons
at the kbd. while working in the section "Midi Multi Recording".

Eg. : when you want to insert a different drum kit into a midi
and you can listen to the many options while playing the midi
(via mixing) one has to switch back each time at the end of the midi
to the start screen to play the midi again.
The same when you want to pause eg. during tracking on
the score screen, ....

Another:
the "Song Position markers" to be set in a midi file
in Tyros are operated by means of physical buttons on the kbd.
Very useful for learning difficult passages
via the midi score screen.
These buttons are no longer present in Genos.
However, the "markers" can be controlled via the "Song" screen,
but then one has to switch between "song" and "score" screen each time.
Not convenient.
Either back fitted with physical buttons,
or provide this "Markers" function in the "score" screen.
Best Regards
Eddy Vanzee

Offline ckobu

« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2020, 11:52:04 AM »
Style Creator has Drum Setup, is excellently made and easy to handle.
The same should be done to edit the SONG.

Now we can only do this with the help of XGWorks and computers.  :(
https://youtu.be/dmNPgXeirVA?t=27
Watch my video channel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2020, 11:59:21 AM »
Style Creator has Drum Edit, is excellently made and easy to handle.
https://youtu.be/dmNPgXeirVA?t=27

Yes @ckobu, indeed, but there are some problems with Drum Setup,
  • not every time will be saved in registrations (or it could be registrations bug)
  • limitation about how many Drum Kits will be visible in Drum Setup. (I really don't understand why this limitation)
  • sometime it crashes with a code for developers

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ckobu

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2020, 12:17:06 PM »
That's right, I noticed the mistakes you mention and I hope so that the Yamaha team will correct them.
When I praised Drum Setup, I was thinking of the concept of how it was done.
Especially since until PSR S770 / 970 this did not exist at all. The top model Tyros5 does not have it.  :(
Watch my video channel

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2020, 12:30:51 PM »
I think it's time for a FIFTH main button to the keyboard. So many times I could use a fifth main for improving my arrangements. I know I could expand by using a registration and have on a few songs.

And perhaps with my next purchase when I have to go to using Registrations instead of the Music Finder this issue won't matter.

And I will be purchasing the the lighter SX series rather than a Genos.

Offline Dnj

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2020, 04:27:58 PM »
Redesign the playlist feature so it will list ALL SINGLE registration songs separately of all folders, Styles, Mp3's, Smf, etc,
all in a single alphabetical list to scroll thru ...

Add a 2" Larger all around TILT UP Display touch screen

ReDesign the overall size of the unit to make it a slimmer and smaller footprint.

REPLACE the VH2 vocal harmonizer and incorporate the TC Helicon VH in Genos..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 04:29:45 PM by Dnj »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2020, 10:48:18 PM »

And Yamaha can increase the price for that GEM addition. ;)

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2020, 01:58:30 AM »
Yes, I would agree with the suggestion to drop the size and slim-up the Genos.  As a senior, who totes his own gear, the size and weight of the Genos is what held me back.  That’s why I opted for the SX 900.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2020, 07:13:54 AM »
Redesign the playlist feature so it will list ALL SINGLE registration songs separately of all folders, Styles, Mp3's, Smf, etc,
all in a single alphabetical list to scroll thru ...

Playlist is good as it is right now. What is wrong now? Playlist is a shortcut to registration bank, which allows you to activate quickly and to auto-load some of screens, like Lyrics, Score, Text. It is the best way as it is right now. If you compare it with Korg's SongBook, these two are quite similar, making an analogy, SongBook store A REGISTRATION, Playlist store a Registration Bank. So it is powerful than Songbook!

Add a 2" Larger all around TILT UP Display touch screen

I agree (but only with tilt, Larger = is enough. Let's not make from our keyboards some television)!

ReDesign the overall size of the unit to make it a slimmer and smaller footprint.

That's why Yamaha built SX900/700, to have approximately the same functions as Genos, but to be smaller. For me, it's enough. (For Yamaha, too :) )

You will never see that, because Korg use TC Helicon. You will never see the same harmonizer on two brands. There are some contracts/agreements made, so ... :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Dnj

« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2020, 12:46:20 PM »
And Yamaha can increase the price for that GEM addition. ;)

Drake the vocal tracking and directional dropouts on the VH2 is horrendous compared to Tc helicon.
If Yamaha cared about vocals they could improve is drastically for pro singers. This is why so many use an external TC VH unit with their Yamaha arrangers.  Take Care

Genos!

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2020, 01:04:01 PM »
Drake the vocal tracking and directional dropouts on the VH2 is horrendous compared to TC Helicon.
If Yamaha cared about vocals they could improve is drastically for pro singers. This is why so many use an external TC VH unit with their Yamaha arrangers.  Take Care

I didn't know this about the VH2 in the Genos. Of course, I have never used the built-in VH2 once.

I've owned the Voicelive Rack since 2012 and haven't really used it probably as much as I should.  ;)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2020, 11:07:42 PM »
I want a 61 note, in silver😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Luluc

« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2020, 07:02:57 PM »
Hi all,

Here is another feature that could be easily implemented in the next software update : Direct access to the end of the list.

In the Genos Style Creator/Edit List, when we have to edit an element at the end of the list ,we have to scoll the whole list to access it.
So, It would be smart to add an icon- for example a vertical arrow - to access directly the bottom of the list.

Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline Joe H

« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2020, 10:41:57 PM »
... To bad Yamaha does not invest in an app that allows the Genos to integrate with DAW...
This could add so much to the Genos..

Lots of room for improvements of the current genos firmware..

The improvements I give priority to :

- more controls... for external instruments
- more assignable functions
- more arps, including an editor, or at least an option to load montage arps
- savable OTS sets
- better access to dsp management
- an expansion pack with synth sounds

BTW... the Easy Sounds Analog Xperience expansion pack has some very good synth sounds, you should check it out.
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Jan-Eve

« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2020, 01:23:56 PM »
I agree with you Toril S. Silver and 61 keys on the Genos 2, and I will buy it...
Take care from Jan - Eve.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2020, 04:48:45 PM »
BTW... the Easy Sounds Analog Xperience expansion pack has some very good synth sounds, you should check it out.

Agree Joe - I have this one and am very fond of it
Genos

Offline Sharon

« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2020, 05:20:49 PM »
I apologise if this has already been mentioned, but as a totally blind player of Genos, I would like the voice controls to be completely accessible, not only half way there.  I would like to hear everything that appears on the display spoken out to me, not just some of the things.  This makes the Genos difficult for me to use at the moment.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2020, 10:07:13 PM »
Hi
I would like to see a 12 inch screen that can pop up and proper score reading which you can import  instead of bouncing balls. :)

Better DSP management like Joe states and all his other likes
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:08:58 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2020, 10:10:28 PM »
The improvements I give priority to :

- more controls... for external instruments
- more assignable functions
- more arps, including an editor, or at least an option to load montage arps
- savable OTS sets
- better access to dsp management
- an expansion pack with synth sounds

Hi Joe

If you have a computer invest in Sample robot. Sky is the limit for synth sounds as you can sample any vst.
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2020, 10:12:59 PM »
I want a 61 note, in silver😀

Toril has acid fingers!!
I like black shiny things!!!! ;D
John likes sparkles!! :)

All the best
John

Offline Toril S

« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2020, 11:27:07 AM »
I am really an alian, hence the acid fingers😀😀😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline CamiloCross

« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2020, 02:21:16 PM »
I don't know if it is already said, but I would like to have more channels for style creation (16 channels will be nice) and more insertion effects dedicated for styles. Now with midi 2.0 I think this could be possible. Creation of custom drums with Round-robin feature (just like Revo drums) is another thing I really wish. Custom art2 voices would be great too.
Never had a keyboard of my own but through my life I've played these ones:
psr 19, psr 530, psr 730, psr 2000, psr 3000, psr s900, psr s950 and Tyros 4

Offline DerekA

« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2020, 02:44:23 PM »
and more insertion effects dedicated for styles.

You know that Genos has 8 DSP available for the style - one for each channel? A big improvement from T5 which had 3 DSP for the style.
Genos

Offline Floodie

« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2020, 10:33:13 PM »
I would like the ability to set pitch up and down values independent of each other. Example pitch up 2, pitch down 8..

Offline Floodie

« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2020, 10:36:11 PM »
Select ALL in Stepedit

Offline Toril S

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2020, 10:51:54 PM »
The file system meeds some improvement. I want folders to be highlighted, and better contrasts on the screen would be nice.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2020, 06:58:11 PM »
I just got a new Genos, so I would like to comment on the next following model -
The direct access button sits in the total wrong place on the Genos. Right next to the stop button on the main button bar. I constantly stumble upon it (besides, it's dark in color) and then there's another question mark dialog window as well. It could be next to the window, on the left or right, but not next to the stop button in the main button bar.
    What I liked is that the brightness of the screen and buttons can be somewhat reduced. There is also a screen lock, which, for example, simply darkens the general light background when I playing just the piano. However, the little buttonscreen and six bright white buttons will remain lit. After all, a software change would allow the lights to dimmer less or up to make a complete blackout until the timer or user turns the keyboard off,
  The main screen is very  colorful and bright for my eyes. It might be possible to set it to less bright, black and white if desired. to be more comfortable in a dark room. I using some other menus, like mixer etc,  screen pictures are just little darker.  (What is also good – dark menu – not in my s750.)
Well,  before the keyboard arriving  was I a little scared how I can adapt to the new keybed and the new "Windows", but just a few days after arrival I find that I adapted very quickly and this instrument is the best for me. I especially like these pianos and electric pianos.
  Keybed seems best for me. The following models should definitely be no shorter than 76 keys. However, why not also  a superarranger with 88 keys.
Genos and controller Roli Rise49 are currently working together through a computer. The next Genos model could include better compatibility and interoperability for Roli, why not some pre-configured user programs, etc.
 Maybe I'm also a little sorry that I was able to buy Genos just now and not years ago. I had electricity at home all these years :-)
Genos,  Roli Rise49

Togge

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2020, 05:49:35 PM »
I want them to put the Real Time Parts on their on 16 midi channels and let you choose 16 sounds freely assignable to Upper, Lower, Bass and Solo. So 48 midi channels instead of 32.
There should be some bass sounds specifically suited for bass pedal playing.
A 3 part, Upper, Lower, Bass, modulated Organ with it's own polyphony. At the same level as VB3_II is good enough, with chorus/vibrato, key click etc, and a rotary similar to Ventilator. While they at it they should also modulate pipe organ flute (similar to whats in the Roland Atelier) sound and Wersi sound.
They should decrease the hight somewhat to the keys and make a separate midi keyboard, to sell as addon as lower keyboard, that gives the same distanse (in height) between upper and lower keys as their Electones.
Add the FM from Montage with it's own polyphony.
Change the 128+128 stereo poly to 256 stereo poly.
Add USB audio.
A button to turn of accompaniment just keeping the drums go.

Offline overover

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2020, 09:14:18 PM »
... A button to turn of accompaniment just keeping the drums go.

Hi Togge,

you can already do this: Simply toggle the ACMP button off and on again so that only the drums play. When you play the next chord with the left hand, you will have full accompaniment again.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

markusthegeek

« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2020, 03:57:30 AM »
the following are essential to use the Genos 2 as a real arranger keyboard stand-alone and with option to mix and master audio tracks in a software sequencer

* 24bit USB audio interface at least for stereo, ideally for all 16 stereo song channels; have to add audio interface currently since SPDIF and internal export format are only 16bit
* proper song editor with remove events, copy bars (within a track and between tracks), and delete bars; currently need to select events in step edit mode which is ridiculous since the style editor has some of these features; none of this would break backwards compatibility with older keyboards
* proper master compressor / limiter /gate that can replace external hardware like (see Behringer Composer Pro-XL MDX2600); also ideally a second single channel side chain compressor for bass vs. kick drum
* save drum setups in style editor so that they can re reused in songs; or offer drum setup editor in song mode as well; you can copy the events from style to songs via XGWorks so it is technically doable but way to complicated as a workaround
* use physical play, pause buttons etc. in song edit mode so that you can work in the mixer etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 04:04:56 AM by markusthegeek »

Togge

« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2020, 10:50:37 AM »
Hi Togge,

you can already do this: Simply toggle the ACMP button off and on again so that only the drums play. When you play the next chord with the left hand, you will have full accompaniment again.

Best regards,
Chris

That is not correct. The accompaniment should be off untill it's manually turned on again.
There are complaints on Youtube that Yamaha doesn't have this basic and very important arranger featrure.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2020, 11:06:16 AM »
Sync stop and sync start will do that. In fingered mode you can also press 3 adjacant keys to stop.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »
That is not correct. The accompaniment should be off untill it's manually turned on again.
There are complaints on Youtube that Yamaha doesn't have this basic and very important arranger featrure.

Those who complain that it doesn’t exist know Yamaha badly. And maybe they favor Ketron.  ;)

https://youtu.be/kA5EfF4_7x0

Togge

« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2020, 10:10:47 PM »
Those who complain that it doesn’t exist know Yamaha badly. And maybe they favor Ketron.  ;)

https://youtu.be/kA5EfF4_7x0

:D

Offline DerekA

« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2021, 11:36:59 AM »
Just a small one.

It is SO annoying that when I open the style creator, it defaults to wanting to record Rhythm 2. I don't know how many times I've accidentally recorded something when I just wanted to listen to the style first.

Yeah I know it's my own fault but it seems silly to default to arming one of the parts for recording. it would be nice if no channels were armed by default.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2021, 12:57:52 PM »
It defaults to RHY because this is the only track you can add to without having to delete the original track first.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2021, 01:31:48 PM »
It defaults to RHY because this is the only track you can add to without having to delete the original track first.

That's true,  but I object to the assumption (by Yahama) that I am therefore most likely to want to change that part. It's not helpful (to me) to have it pre-armed.
Genos

Offline Oldden

« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2021, 04:29:08 PM »
To be honest, the Genos is a far better keyboard than I will ever be a player. I think it’s good enough to last me the rest of my life. I’m 74 years young.😀

Offline soryt

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2021, 11:13:55 PM »
After 3 years I hope that this year the successor wil come , with al the improvements I mentioned before.

Please Yamaha surprise us  8)

Soneg :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Toril S

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2021, 11:19:55 PM »
To be honest, the Genos is a far better keyboard than I will ever be a player. I think it’s good enough to last me the rest of my life. I’m 74 years young.😀
I agree!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Floodie

« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2021, 05:51:20 PM »
Ability to Quantize Chord Looper.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2021, 02:43:57 PM »
Why would you want to quantize Chord Looper as it is the same as playing chords with a style. You would not quantize that would you.

Offline overover

« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2021, 03:39:56 PM »
Why would you want to quantize Chord Looper as it is the same as playing chords with a style. You would not quantize that would you.

Hi Eileen,

please see also the following thread in this context:
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,58133.msg450596.html#msg450596

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2021, 12:33:46 PM »
If you need a slower tempo to make sure your chords are accurate then select a slower style when recording the chord section in the looper. As you know the chord looper only records the position of you fingers. It dose not record voice style or speed. When you have completed your chord input then select the right style and play away adding your intro's and drum fills as you normally would. 

Offline Ingar

« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2021, 07:45:19 PM »
I hope for multipad buttons with dual funktion..on and off to each of them.

Ingar
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 07:46:21 PM by Ingar »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2021, 08:56:19 PM »
Agreed!
Toril S

and PSR-47.