Author Topic: Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)  (Read 208845 times)

Offline markstyles

Re: Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2020, 04:27:17 PM »
I would really like to see the ability to edit the drum sounds on the Genos itself. If I'm in a recording session, and I need to tune, shorten the drums, it is much too awkward to pull out a computer, set up and go thru the ritual.  Need to edit drums in the Genos.

Offline markstyles

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2020, 04:30:14 PM »
I would really like to see the ability to edit the drum sounds on the Genos itself. If I'm in a recording session, and I need to tune, shorten the drums, it is much too awkward to pull out a computer, set up and go thru the ritual.  Need to edit drums in the Genos.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2020, 04:55:43 PM »
? Have you tried the 'drum setup' feature in the Style Creator?
Genos

Brnjeuska74

Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2020, 05:22:30 PM »
hello, for those of us who travel by plane …. beside all of the above.... size matter …. I simply don't understand why we have that extra body (like a handle) on Genos. It could be cut right to the key's on each side. That my friends is a problem for me and others who have to travel by plane. Size and weight is a problem ( I am aware of the light case for Genos)

Someone has mention Korg products (Pa4... etc) for those who can see bigger picture and ideas ...it's like never wanted to try different food or go to school to learn more. I do believe Yamaha is company that wants to be recognized and have markets everywhere, that being said … reality is that it is not always the most practical product to chose. I just had to get that off of my chest. Thank you all and especially metcam [/b]for being the progressive.   

Bachus

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2020, 04:44:16 AM »
Someone deleted my post about this topic quite some time ago..

But here we go again...

All the features of the modx..which would allow you to create nultiple splits with multiple layers.. with multiple arps and even have FM sounds... and make the bosendorfer a standard sound..  also FM sounds.. basically, this would be the advanced option, normal mode would still be 123R and 1L

Normal key with, still dont get it why Yamaha keys are smaller then all other brands,..

The reface CS synth engine...

The Organ engines of the reface YC and the new YC61

The Piano VCM engine of the CP series

The launchpad feature of Ketron

Onboard sound edditing and creation, also on board package management.. 

An ipad app, for edditing styles and songs, including piano roll

Other features of the ipad app, host for AUv3 sounds, sheetmusic reader build and much much more,,..

Audio over USB feature

The DAW integration of the Montage..

More onboard memory for samples..

Even more dsp power.. atleast 2 effects/sounds

Improved vocal harmony..

Improved style engine supporting true audio tracks and guitars like ketron does..
Being able to add more then 8+1 tracks to a style
Advanced AI features that make the accompaniments more dynamic..
Being able to convert songs/midi files to styles(korg pa4x)
True orchestral styles..  with multiple violins and cellos’ and such

8 multipads, so you could have 2 banks loaded at the same time
Dsp power (effects) for the multipads

Being able to load and create arps... onboard .. with sepperate arps/track

An orchestral mode... which would work much like the ensembles... (multi division) you would have like 16 violins spreading over the played notes.. and 8 cello’s...   

Being able to save OTS as sepperate iitems in a searchable database... so basically you would have all your OTS settings of all your styles archieved in one place...  its what korg calls keyboard sets on pa4x

A 12” tiltable screen..

A modulation wheel and a touchstrip next to the joystick..

Being able to connect 2 expression pedals..  and a 3 part piano pedal..

Full onboard support for a lower manual..  including sepperate voices to assign to a lower manual..
Even better would be an optional lower manual and pedals to turn Genos is a true organ..

And the list goes on..

And even tough i truely enjoy my Genos..
There is so much room for improvement..
And yes, i realise yamaha cant implement all these..
But it gives them a list to pick from..

I also think we will not see a Genos before end 2022 maybe even 2023
5 or 6 years between instruments seems to become the standard..

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 04:46:55 AM by Bachus »

Offline DerekA

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2020, 02:07:02 PM »
Just throwing you a crumb, Bachus - if you are missing the mod wheel, the modulation +/- can be assigned to one of the 6 knobs. Not quite the same as a wheel, but a little easier to use than the joystick + hold button.
Genos

Offline Toril S

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2020, 02:09:51 PM »
No need for a Genos 2, just update what we have. Much better for the environment, - and for the pocket book! :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2020, 03:06:30 PM »
... And the list goes on...

I doubt we will see many (if any) of those upgrades in a Yamaha arranger. What is probably possible with a firmware update is... expanded  capabilities with Live Control, expanded options for the foot pedal (live control) more arpeggios and even an arp editor to create your own user arps. Sounds like you should buy a Yamaha synth like the Montage or MODX to go with your Genos.

We have talked about the hypothetical synth-arranger before.  I'm satisfied with my FM, AN and VL plug-in synths, Motif Rack XS, Proteus 1000 upgraded to the 2.26 firmware with 16 live arpeggiators with User Arps (and software to edit and create new arps). The Peavey PC1600x hardware MIDI controller with 16 programmable faders is an awesome tool that enhances my sound modules capabilities with remote sysex control.

I've also purchased the Phat Analog, Magic Dance, Analog Xperience and Dreamscapes expansion packs from Easy Sounds. These packs give me some great synth Voices, drum kits, new styles and hundreds of new Multi Pads. Maybe one day I will upgrade to the sx900... that would be the icing on the cake (for me anyway)

;)

Joe H
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 03:37:09 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Bachus

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2020, 04:11:28 PM »
I doubt we will see many (if any) of those upgrades in a Yamaha arranger. What is probably possible with a firmware update is... expanded  capabilities with Live Control, expanded options for the foot pedal (live control) more arpeggios and even an arp editor to create your own user arps. Sounds like you should buy a Yamaha synth like the Montage or MODX to go with your Genos.

We have talked about the hypothetical synth-arranger before.  I'm satisfied with my FM, AN and VL plug-in synths, Motif Rack XS, Proteus 1000 upgraded to the 2.26 firmware with 16 live arpeggiators with User Arps (and software to edit and create new arps). The Peavey PC1600x hardware MIDI controller with 16 programmable faders is an awesome tool that enhances my sound modules capabilities with remote sysex control.

I've also purchased the Phat Analog, Magic Dance, Analog Xperience and Dreamscapes expansion packs from Easy Sounds. These packs give me some great synth Voices, drum kits, new styles and hundreds of new Multi Pads. Maybe one day I will upgrade to the sx900... that would be the icing on the cake (for me anyway)

;)

Joe H

Currently i get all my synth needs from my ipad..
To bad Yamaha does not invest in an app that allows the Genos to integrate with DAW or IPAD..
This could add so much to the Genos..

Where it comes to Genos firmware updates.
I agree with you
- more controlls..also for external instruments
- full access to all msb/lsb banks for external use with synth hardware
- an option to just add ban and program changes (midi out) instead of an internal sound (or both)
- more asignable functions
- more arps, including an editor, or atleast an option to load montage arps
- onboard editor and sound creation tools, access to edit and create sa sounds and open up the indepth features of the AWM2 engine
- savable OTS sets
- better access to dsp management
- making the bosendorfer samples available
- also adding the organs of the YC reface, as they are AWM based(farfisa/church/combo/japanese home, including an interface like the 3 current drawbar instrument)
- an expansion pack with synth sounds

Lots of room for improvements of the current genos firmware..

Offline EileenL

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2020, 04:20:22 PM »
My with all this stuff added when do you get time just to sit down and play the instrument and even record a song we can all enjoy.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2020, 05:32:40 PM »
My with all this stuff added when do you get time just to sit down and play the instrument and even record a song we can all enjoy.

We all use our keyboard in a different way.  I play all the time, but it's my original music.  I don't play other peoples' music. I like lots of different sounds and the added expressiveness of being able to manipulate the sounds as well. It's a matter of whatever brings us pleasure.

"To each his own"

:)

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Bachus

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2020, 10:33:06 PM »

Probably never..

I play only with my headset on..
For my own enjoyment, and stress relieve..

As soon as i need to play for others (which i tried many time sin the past)
I get extremely nervous..
So i decided its not worth the fuzz and a nervbreak to play for others or record myself
I play music as a stressreleive from the office, and not as something that causes me stress

« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 10:34:41 PM by Bachus »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2020, 11:09:31 PM »
... full access to all msb/lsb banks for external use with synth hardware...

Yes, currently Yamaha arrangers only support the MSB/LSB used by the keyboard... including the MSB 063 for expansion Voices. 

I bought a midi solutions "Event Processor" which allows you to remap the MSB to different MSB. I did this for my Analog plug-in card which uses the MSB 036.  I created a "dummy pack" for 2 AN card Voice Banks.  When I select the (dummy pack) Voices from my S970, the keyboard transmits MSB 063 and the Event Processor changes that to 036.  It works great.  I haven't tried it yet, but if you choose LSB for your dummy pack different than your regular expansion packs , then I think it is possible to remap both the MSB and LSB to match any external instrument. You can program the Event Processor to remap up to 16 MIDI messages for different external instruments. The programming is done in the Rich Text Format (RTF).

Event Processor for 16 MIDI events

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

There is also the Event Processor Plus - processes 32 differnt MIDI events

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

Joe H
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 11:10:50 PM by Joe H »

Bachus

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2020, 06:39:02 AM »
Yes, currently Yamaha arrangers only support the MSB/LSB used by the keyboard... including the MSB 063 for expansion Voices. 

I bought a midi solutions "Event Processor" which allows you to remap the MSB to different MSB. I did this for my Analog plug-in card which uses the MSB 036.  I created a "dummy pack" for 2 AN card Voice Banks.  When I select the (dummy pack) Voices from my S970, the keyboard transmits MSB 063 and the Event Processor changes that to 036.  It works great.  I haven't tried it yet, but if you choose LSB for your dummy pack different than your regular expansion packs , then I think it is possible to remap both the MSB and LSB to match any external instrument. You can program the Event Processor to remap up to 16 MIDI messages for different external instruments. The programming is done in the Rich Text Format (RTF).

Event Processor for 16 MIDI events

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

There is also the Event Processor Plus - processes 32 differnt MIDI events

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

Joe H

Thanks, good tip looks like a usefull workaround..

On the ipad i am using camelot pro as a work around...
It works kind of like a middleman..
On the mac, mainstage kind of solved this for me..

But it would be nice if yamaha started opening up Genos a little more..
Its still build very much build around the stand alone mentality..
It misses quite a lot of things to be considered a true master controller.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2020, 04:37:10 PM »
... It misses quite a lot of things to be considered a true master controller.

I agree completely. The Genos has great potential to be a master controller keyboard.  Yamaha just has to take the next step. Slowly the buyers of arranger keyboards are changing and demanding more capabilities and features. When there is enough of us... Yamaha will respond to the market.

Joe H

Bachus

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2020, 10:19:06 PM »
I agree completely. The Genos has great potential to be a master controller keyboard.  Yamaha just has to take the next step. Slowly the buyers of arranger keyboards are changing and demanding more capabilities and features. When there is enough of us... Yamaha will respond to the market.

Joe H

Actually they have moving in that direction..
But sadly with the speed of an old snail..

Offline Joe H

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2020, 11:21:29 PM »
 ;D   :)

Joe H

Offline Zaurafon

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2020, 11:54:17 PM »
Yamaha Genos V2.0.1 Bugs & Problems And some shortcomings

1. If you drop all the sliders down and restart the button you will see that all the parameters will be 100 except for Song A.

2. If you put two or three Insert effects in one voice and change a parameter to all effects and save it to the registration memory, you will see that it will save only the parameters from the last effect you have selected will reset to default Mode. That is, 40 as it originally was. This problem is valid from version 1.40 onwards. That is, the sound I saved before version 1.40 Everything works fine.

3. Does not store sounds in OTS with two or three Insert effects. That is, do I have to select a sound that does not have more than one effect to put it in OTS? I don't think that makes sense.

4. Drum Setup at Style Creator No more than 70 Drum Kits from Expansion. And what he brings out is in order. I have my own packages, I have purchased packages, and I have a lot of REX Files and I can't use them in Drum Setup. and it would be a good idea to put together a list search like the previous models. Imagine turning the washer until you find what you want.

5. I would like to create a style and use a mega voice bass to be able to write on a channel and Play and Slide Gliss And Noise which is in the upper octave after the C6 note. That is to say, if I write on one channel all that changing chord will change the top notes C6 And up While this should be a fix. As in the factory. The factory rhythms are so written while not allowing us to do so why?

6. We'd like to add us to Style Creator Different Signatures in any Variations. Or at least in Fills We can write at least 2 Measure.

7. To the style creator In the Assembly option We can copy Rhythm1-2 paste to any other bank of the same type and upside down.

8. Please add CASM Editor to Style Creator. Why not have the option of writing as factory rates are written?

9. The MP3 player from the first version to this day has problems. Example if I have say 100 songs in the stick from the 100 to 70 and they will appear in the Playlist And from those 70 again it will bug me in some songs.

10. We would like to add the Link Volume Level feature to the mixer. This would help us to mix the rhythms and songs quickly and correctly. That is, they happen to give me a rhythm that is written much louder than the factory rhythm; this would help to lower the sound quickly and efficiently.

11. In Scale Tune we would like Cent to go + -99. So that we can make sounds like Terca, for example. As it is now + -64 Except for the Arabic ladder it doesn't help us in anything.

12. Add to the MultiPad Creator, the Quantize option. As it would be great for Style Creator to add the export To MultiPad option to one of the channels.

13. We can set the Volume on each Pad separately in MultiPads. As is the case with Audio Link MultiPad. In MultiPads Change EQ parameters. The Insert effects feature. And the option in the settings can work as a start stop on the Pads. That is, the first push plays the Pad, the second push stops the Pad.

14. We'd like to voice in Legato Portamento in Poly Mode. This helps in the Reality of the violin. As an example of Oriental Strings.
And Fix Portamento Time In Crossfade Mode. That is when you have Portamento Time Indicator 0 There is a great Timing Between the two notes, While it should normally pass faster and sharply.

15. Make editing option among Insert effects. That is, if I have put in two or three effects in a sound and want to change parameters in one of the effects, I first have to close the effect and reopen it so that I can select it. Otherwise I can only tease out the last effect I have added to Echo. In a nutshell if I want to go back to the first effect I've added and edit a parameter I need to get Mixer, effects, Assign Part Settings, find the effect I want to edit, close it and reopen it so I can tease after the parameters)))

16. Add the option when in home mode We can set the washer where we want it. Example BPM tempo shift. Why do I press the tempo button first and then turn the washer?

Yamaha Expansion Manager

17. Add Element Copy Paste From Another Voice. That is, I have a sound ready and I want to get an Element And put it in another sound that I make to not load the samples again An One.

18. Why can't I edit Rom Sounds? Example to Change Note Range Ή to Change Velocity Range? That I could tease up to PSR 9000, Tyros1-2-4 Here's why I can't do these things?

19. And I would add Sample Edit, Loop Edit. Just examples I have some sounds that have not been set Right or Loops, How can I fix if I don't have the original samples In SF2 format or Wave, AIFF?))) In Motif and Montage Again there is good John Melas. Who will help us here?)))
Let's add at least export In SF2 format So we can do something.

20. I would like to add the Note Relase feature. That is, letting the note reproduce the sound. This exists in factory sounds because it doesn't exist in users?

21. We want to define the Elements The Art 1-2-3 buttons. Why Do I Have Three Useless Buttons When Using User Sounds?

Bachus

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2020, 06:40:20 AM »
Yamaha Genos V2.0.1 Bugs & Problems And some shortcomings

1. If you drop all the sliders down and restart the button you will see that all the parameters will be 100 except for Song A.

2. If you put two or three Insert effects in one voice and change a parameter to all effects and save it to the registration memory, you will see that it will save only the parameters from the last effect you have selected will reset to default Mode. That is, 40 as it originally was. This problem is valid from version 1.40 onwards. That is, the sound I saved before version 1.40 Everything works fine.

3. Does not store sounds in OTS with two or three Insert effects. That is, do I have to select a sound that does not have more than one effect to put it in OTS? I don't think that makes sense.

4. Drum Setup at Style Creator No more than 70 Drum Kits from Expansion. And what he brings out is in order. I have my own packages, I have purchased packages, and I have a lot of REX Files and I can't use them in Drum Setup. and it would be a good idea to put together a list search like the previous models. Imagine turning the washer until you find what you want.

5. I would like to create a style and use a mega voice bass to be able to write on a channel and Play and Slide Gliss And Noise which is in the upper octave after the C6 note. That is to say, if I write on one channel all that changing chord will change the top notes C6 And up While this should be a fix. As in the factory. The factory rhythms are so written while not allowing us to do so why?

6. We'd like to add us to Style Creator Different Signatures in any Variations. Or at least in Fills We can write at least 2 Measure.

7. To the style creator In the Assembly option We can copy Rhythm1-2 paste to any other bank of the same type and upside down.

8. Please add CASM Editor to Style Creator. Why not have the option of writing as factory rates are written?

9. The MP3 player from the first version to this day has problems. Example if I have say 100 songs in the stick from the 100 to 70 and they will appear in the Playlist And from those 70 again it will bug me in some songs.

10. We would like to add the Link Volume Level feature to the mixer. This would help us to mix the rhythms and songs quickly and correctly. That is, they happen to give me a rhythm that is written much louder than the factory rhythm; this would help to lower the sound quickly and efficiently.

11. In Scale Tune we would like Cent to go + -99. So that we can make sounds like Terca, for example. As it is now + -64 Except for the Arabic ladder it doesn't help us in anything.

12. Add to the MultiPad Creator, the Quantize option. As it would be great for Style Creator to add the export To MultiPad option to one of the channels.

13. We can set the Volume on each Pad separately in MultiPads. As is the case with Audio Link MultiPad. In MultiPads Change EQ parameters. The Insert effects feature. And the option in the settings can work as a start stop on the Pads. That is, the first push plays the Pad, the second push stops the Pad.

14. We'd like to voice in Legato Portamento in Poly Mode. This helps in the Reality of the violin. As an example of Oriental Strings.
And Fix Portamento Time In Crossfade Mode. That is when you have Portamento Time Indicator 0 There is a great Timing Between the two notes, While it should normally pass faster and sharply.

15. Make editing option among Insert effects. That is, if I have put in two or three effects in a sound and want to change parameters in one of the effects, I first have to close the effect and reopen it so that I can select it. Otherwise I can only tease out the last effect I have added to Echo. In a nutshell if I want to go back to the first effect I've added and edit a parameter I need to get Mixer, effects, Assign Part Settings, find the effect I want to edit, close it and reopen it so I can tease after the parameters)))

16. Add the option when in home mode We can set the washer where we want it. Example BPM tempo shift. Why do I press the tempo button first and then turn the washer?

Yamaha Expansion Manager

17. Add Element Copy Paste From Another Voice. That is, I have a sound ready and I want to get an Element And put it in another sound that I make to not load the samples again An One.

18. Why can't I edit Rom Sounds? Example to Change Note Range Ή to Change Velocity Range? That I could tease up to PSR 9000, Tyros1-2-4 Here's why I can't do these things?

19. And I would add Sample Edit, Loop Edit. Just examples I have some sounds that have not been set Right or Loops, How can I fix if I don't have the original samples In SF2 format or Wave, AIFF?))) In Motif and Montage Again there is good John Melas. Who will help us here?)))
Let's add at least export In SF2 format So we can do something.

20. I would like to add the Note Relase feature. That is, letting the note reproduce the sound. This exists in factory sounds because it doesn't exist in users?

21. We want to define the Elements The Art 1-2-3 buttons. Why Do I Have Three Useless Buttons When Using User Sounds?

May i ask, whats the reason you want to keep Yem? And not put all those features inside the Genos?

Offline Zaurafon

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2020, 09:20:25 AM »
May i ask, whats the reason you want to keep Yem? And not put all those features inside the Genos?

There is no reason. The only reason they can leave YEM simply as an additional program to create sounds without Genos itself. Using any MIDI keyboard. What I wrote can be added and corrected with one version update.
If you notice there are several errors that are present in version 1.40
I wrote to them several times but they never

Offline AndyT

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2020, 03:26:07 PM »
One of the things I would really like is a well written manual. All to often I have to revert to forums and youtube. That wouldn't necessarily stop other people writing books :)
Just my 2 pence worth

Offline Luluc

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2020, 06:58:26 PM »
Hello all Genosphils,

My Genos is my first arranger keyboard.
So , I was wondering if each Genos owner was ready, probably in 2021, to buy a Genos2 keyboard and to shell out 4000 or 4500 bucks ?

I hope we can also consider an update, to move to software version 3.0 ? Many features requests can be implemented in the present Genos, but some requests need to redesign the user interface keyboard, adding here some new switches, or reducing the size of the keyboard, etc...

Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

Offline Toril S

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2020, 11:06:30 PM »
No, I have had my Genos in just 4 months, so I can't see myself buying another one in a year! Instead I have kept my Tyros5, and I have an S975 too. If I buy a new keyboard now, it will be another PSR. Am tempted to get the XS900, but I have just two hands anyway, so I have to be satisfied with what I have now :)
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Bachus

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2020, 08:52:07 PM »
Hello all Genosphils,

My Genos is my first arranger keyboard.
So , I was wondering if each Genos owner was ready, probably in 2021, to buy a Genos2 keyboard and to shell out 4000 or 4500 bucks ?

I hope we can also consider an update, to move to software version 3.0 ? Many features requests can be implemented in the present Genos, but some requests need to redesign the user interface keyboard, adding here some new switches, or reducing the size of the keyboard, etc...

Once you have a Genos, you will learn that a Genos 2 will cost you like half
Because of good trade in prices..

Offline Luluc

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2020, 06:55:37 PM »
Once you have a Genos, you will learn that a Genos 2 will cost you like half
Because of good trade in prices..

Not so sure to get a new Genos 2 in 2021 at 2500$ or 3000$ ! Yamaha will need to consider this fact.
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2020, 05:48:23 PM »
I agree with Bacchus. It will be easy to sell our Genos at a good price when Genos 2 will appear. If a Genos 2 is 4200 and you sell Genos at 2400, your Genos 2 will cost you 1800... for around 4 years so, 37.5 by month, 1.25 by day...

Offline Gleston

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2020, 06:49:57 PM »
Hi
I´m new in this forum but a long time yamaha user.
There´s a feature that I always wanted in this kind of keyboard and never saw.

The style creator is a good tool for expand your presetations,but it could more automated and fast:

1) it can have a RANDOM button that takes parts of other styles and mount them in the one you are working. Maybe you could put some parameters , like choosing 5/10/20 styles from where the AI will pick the parts. Even from style in the USB drive.

2) I can see many parameters that you can program the AI to choose the parts.

3) The AI algorhytms like K.A.R.M.A  software that it´s uses in some high end yamaha keyboard could be used to create new styles. Once you like, after testing it, you save and uses in your presentation.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2020, 07:32:39 PM »
My experience in building styles is to use Style Creator Assembly.  I have to try different style Parts to hear how they will blend with the other style Parts and often changing the Voices and other parameters of the mix. Software with a RANDOM feature is highly unlikely to produce good final results. Dumb software will never achieve the creativity of the human mind or spirit. You would still have to do a lot of MAJOR editing of the style to get it to sound good.

The best you can hope for is the Style Factory software which has a built-in data base of thousands style Parts and you can add you own, and still requires the process of editing for good final results.

http://www.emc-musicsoftware.de/eng-shop/eng-dscstf.htm#Top

Joe H
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:33:56 PM by Joe H »

Offline mikey4u100

« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2020, 08:45:55 PM »
Genos2 Wish List.

I am a novis player with a Genos having owned a Tyros 5. Please, Please bring back the tilting screen!

If it’s not reflecting the ceiling light it reflects daylight coming through the window. No problem for a Tyros 5 as you just angled the screen, no problem.

Regards Mike (Sheffield)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2020, 10:51:41 PM »
Amen to that, Mike! The screen of the Genos is actually tilting a little towards the player, but not enough. I want bigger fonts on style names as well!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline danand

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2020, 06:51:28 PM »
Since I'm on the market for "Genos 2" and I'm sure that even a "Genos 2" without all the suggested additions will be a huge update from my current set up, to be honest I don't have something to ask for.
The only one I have to ask is to get it in the market ASAP !!!
But it looks that after the COVID-19 shutdown even the most optimistic expectations for a release on Nov-Dec 2020 are now impossible to hit...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2020, 11:13:04 PM »
Since I'm on the market for "Genos 2" and I'm sure that even a "Genos 2" without all the suggested additions will be a huge update from my current set up, to be honest I don't have something to ask for.
The only one I have to ask is to get it in the market ASAP !!!
But it looks that after the COVID-19 shutdown even the most optimistic expectations for a release on Nov-Dec 2020 are now impossible to hit...

Here's my prognostication. There won't be a Genos 2 before 2022.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2020, 02:07:33 AM »
Here's my prognostication. There won't be a Genos 2 before 2022.

Cheers,
Fred

+1 l think the fact Yamaha released the new version 2 update hints it will be a while before they're ready to release a new model. l think the hit everyone is taking financially due to Covid will have a big bearing on a future release too.

Kind regards,

Russ

Offline ton37

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »
I wonder where (the shareholders of) Yamaha should make their money from?
Yamaha will not get rich from an free update / upgrade.

Marketing-wise I guess that about autumn of this year Yamaha will have to announce something new (on their usual mystic way  ;)) to put a new line on the market in spring 2021. The Yamaha Music division must generate income in order to survive. For sure, starting at 2017, The Genos (1) has had its longest time now . ;)

Besides: it is not that difficult (it is not a Spacex  ;)). Many forummers have already indicated what can be improved about the current Genos. Technically not that complicated to upgrade the firmware/software. Just rearrange some buttons, put a larger tiltable display on it and there is the Genos 2. Done  ;D ...

(I will wait for the PSR-SX1000 end 2021)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:21:06 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2020, 09:14:09 PM »
The prices will go up. How many of us will afford a Genos 2?.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline ton37

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2020, 10:09:51 PM »
 Worldwide: lets say10.000 x 7000 =  $70.000.000,- , not bad at all  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

Offline hans1966

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2020, 01:46:12 AM »
I would like to see in the new Genos a piano roll editor in Song Creator and Style Creator mode, this would be very useful.

It would also be good to have the possibility of direct sampling with all its editing parameters, without the need to resort to external software.

And last but not least. Include the possibility of a 16-track Audio sequencer with all waveform editing parameters included.

Regards. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Joe H

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2020, 03:22:45 AM »
I would like to see in the new Genos a piano roll editor in Song Creator and Style Creator mode, this would be very useful.

It would also be good to have the possibility of direct sampling with all its editing parameters, without the need to resort to external software.

And last but not least. Include the possibility of a 16-track Audio sequencer with all waveform editing parameters included.

Regards. Hans

It sounds like you looking for a hardware DAW.  Maybe one day we will see that offered.  I think as more people are using DAWs, they would like to see all those features on-board in a keyboard.  Many of those features are available in synth keyboards already, but I suspect it be awhile before we see them ported over to the arranger keyboard

;)

Joe H

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline EileenL

« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2020, 01:15:30 PM »
I don't think we will see Genos 2 for some time.
I think that most people that buy these keyboards just want to play them as they are, as for live playing they have everything you would want. During the Corvid lock down we have seen so many lovely concerts given on Genos which has proved to many just how good this keyboard is without any additions.
I personally would hate to see DAW''s being added and would not want to pay the extra price involved
for a lot of fancy things being added that a lot would never use. In fact I don't think a lot of people use what is on the present Genos.

The following users thanked this post: Toril S

Offline Joe H

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2020, 02:10:13 PM »
EileenL,

Hopefully, if a hardware DAW is released it will be a separate model from Genos. I agree that the arranger as it is now is quite adequate in its features.  We have plenty of computer software thanks to the programmers here to do major editing of our files on a big monitor screen.

Joe H 

Offline kpblues

« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2020, 12:14:37 PM »
Hi everybody,
Hope you are all well in these tricky times.
Personally I'm enjoying the extra time to play and musically explore. My thoughts though go out to anybody who has been impacted by the virus.   
It's true that we may not see a new Genos for a while and while we wait we should all enjoy playing the instruments we have now.

Having said that.... the lockdown has given me time to put together my thoughts and suggestions on the next Genos!       
My guess is that any Genos 2 changes will be incremental rather than ground breaking but these changes do add up over time and can make quite a difference in the long run. In addition, new features may be introduced either from Yamaha’s own creations or in response to other manufacturers developments.

Here's my input for what its worth

Sounds
Always the most important factor. Genos was major step up in sound quality from the Tyros 5 and as technology improves, I expect even richer, fuller sounds with even more DSP power.

Operations
•   12” tiltable High Definition screen
•   More onboard memory

Resources
These are available from online or expansion packs but I would expect any new Genos to include extra resources as well.

Styles
Guess another 50 styles based on previous upgrades

Voices
The PRS970>Tyros>Genos upgrades introduced a c30% increase in voices so maybe a 20% increase this time to 2000 voices. For comparison the Korg PA4X has 1900.

Multi Pads
•   6 Multi Pads
•   Each pad to have on/off “one press” capability (rather than two presses or work arounds)

Playlist
•   Larger playlist say 2700 songs

New Functions

•   Ability to convert midi files to styles
The Korg PA4X has this and it looks easy to use.
Results probably vary depending on the quality of the midi file but it would be an amazing feature to introduce on a new Genos.

•   Onboard sound editing, as with the montage/modx.
The ability to use layered sounds to create a voice via the Genos rather than offline especially appeals to me.

•   Single menu option to change overall sound mode.
There are different demands for live playing and recording so the ability to change the overall sound might be good.E.g. For live playing (punchier) or studio recording (cleaner). Genos can obviously change sounds via Master EQ and Compression but a single menu option to do this would be interesting.

Construction

•   New sleek black metallic look. I liked the Tyros 5 ‘metallic’ look and feel a similar look in black would enhance the Genos appearance.

•   Non fade operating buttons. Some players are having button fade issues so maybe have new buttons with printing on the inside rather like the Tyros 5 glass type buttons.

That's it!

Hope it adds to the topic.

Kelvin

Genos

Offline metcam

« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »
Song Syncro Start Off/On realy neded for all players who use MIDI songs and style together for play. At this moment on Genos and SX is almost perfect ,just need a little  to complete that functions:

MIDI play and style play at same time,MIDI stop style continue play,Midi start again style ""CONTINUE"" play.

Here is video how  to use MIDI + style .:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMvv2Gz6ng&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2QLA5bxFzJUG5p5LRl_GRA0GXPh8FP5SyMdPuJp6Gd0Ld9s0XCk0of5Zc

Regards

Also Is going to be very useful :MIDI DRUM EDITOR  so we have same as on style drum editor.

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2020, 11:18:54 AM »
My wish is a simple one and that is that Yamaha completely do a new set of styles for every genre. I know it is painstaking work but on each successive model the styles are basically the same with tweaks and the odd new ones which I'm sure folks like me eagerly await. This is Yamaha's strong point their styles are so good but if you go back even as far as the PSR3000 the styles are all still the same...obviously there have been additions but what I'm trying to say is re write the whole lot!  Technology keeps improving, Revo drums, fantastic strings , voices etc but a whole new style set would again put Yamaha way out in front.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2020, 12:47:10 PM »
Yes I do agree with having fresh styles but you then will always have people saying "Where are my Favorite ones" so I think a healthy mix would be better for some. It would be great if we could purchase a keyboard that had all the style spaces empty and we could build up our own set of on board ones though.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2020, 01:53:42 PM »
It would be great if we could purchase a keyboard that had all the style spaces empty and we could build up our own set of on board ones though.

Isn't that what the User drive is for though? :)

I'm not sure that new AWM voices are needed. I mean how many accordions can one man actually use. I'm much prefer to see the FM-X engine from MODX brought in, even in a cut down version.

And l do think it was a mistake to lose the tilting screen, though I guess it kept the cost lower. Fewer moving parts.
Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2020, 02:33:24 PM »
... I'm much prefer to see the FM-X engine from MODX brought in, even in a cut down version...

Actually, an analog synth engine would be better than the FM.  I have both a FM and Analog plug-in card in my MU128.  The analog is so much better sounding (warm) over the tinny, flat sounding sounding FM.  The only thing I like about the FM is the EPs and bell sounds, which is what FM is famous for.

I believe the PSR 9000 Pro had room for 1 plug-in card.  Maybe that's the way to go, or even offer soft synth versions we can buy. I would buy the 3 synth engines I have in my MU128...  the VL, FM and Analog. And add a Breath Controller jack so we could play those Virtual Acoustic saxes, flutes and other wind instruments with the correct articulations only accomplished using a Breath Controller.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 02:36:17 PM by Joe H »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2020, 03:14:37 PM »
Eileen, that is a great idea! To be able to delete onboard styles that we never use and put in new ones!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2020, 03:42:25 PM »
Eileen, that is a great idea! To be able to delete onboard styles that we never use and put in new ones!

Won’t ever happen.

User memory is where user styles go.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Toril S

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2020, 05:52:00 PM »
I know that Fred😀 But it would be great.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2020, 11:17:33 PM »
In fact Yamaha talked about this at one time. All the slots on categories would be empty and you would be given the styles to load in as you wanted them. If you did not ever use certain styles then you would just wait until other styles came along that you did use. These could be locked into the presets like you can do on Korg. With those keyboards you could tweak up the preset ones and then save them back into preset.