Author Topic: Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)  (Read 208839 times)

Offline metcam

Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »

HI everybody!

"GENOS2 "  probably will be lunched 2 years from now so probably 2021.

Please write here any your wish  and idea,sugestions.

As we know Yamaha read this forum and They already inplement a lot of wishes and ideas in past.

BEST REGARDS and Thank you YAMAHA.
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline metcam

Re: Genos successors wish LIST (GENOS2)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »
TERCA

Yamaha added to NEW SX-900/700  a Sub scale which is only HALF job done to have 100% perfect and accured "Terca"

To have Perfect options to have Terca this whats ned to be done in NEXT update for SX-900/700 and Next GENOS2:

1. Note shift to all individuals tones +/-12 separate for R1,R2,R3
2.Tuning scale individual for R1,R2,R3 (SUB scale in new SX-900/700)
3.Base note-which we already have
4. Posability to memorized in Reg.Memory all

Something as this picture show:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:44:50 PM by metcam »
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.

The following users thanked this post: Zaurafon

Offline ckobu

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 12:34:17 PM »
Thanks metcam. Great theme and even better suggestion for "terce". Adjusting tones using halftones is very similar to the HARMONY we already have in Genos. This way they could do their "own Harmony Duet" that is not in the factory settings.

I have a proposal related to the Playlist view. I have over 600 playlists and it is hard to make quick selections at a live performance. For example, when I am at number 105, I have to click many times to get to 420. Choosing a number from a list with a Data Dial circle is not precise enough and is not practical. I suggest the following solution. It would be great if the Playlists main screen on the right hand side has dialing. (picture) So we could instantly pick up the Playlist number we need. List edit (Add Record) can be in the drop-down menu because we use it when we're not in a live performance situation.

This is my small suggestion and suggestion for improvement. I believe other members of the forum will be involved with their suggestions. I am sure that Yamaha, as it has done so far, will upgrade the new models with options that customers need.

Best regards, ckobu

Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

3dc

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 02:24:57 PM »
I really hope they put "Make a hit song for me" button.  ;D ;D

beykock

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 06:00:42 PM »
The new Korg PA5X might be a very helpful and useful source of inspiration to make your Genos2 wish list. 🔔

But ... it might be possible the Genos2 will arrive earlier than the PA5X ... time will tell.

Babette

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 12:41:33 AM »
I really hope they put "Make a hit song for me" button.  ;D ;D

Good to introduce yourself and write "complete newbie in music scene";)
Everyone who has been following this forum for a long time knows that Yamaha is closely following everything written here. So it's funny when you say, "Make a hit song for me" button.

The Yamaha team has upgraded keyboards many times by reading suggestions from this forum. So thank you Yamaha. That's why we buy Yamaha, not Casio.   :P

Just a month ago, @valimates wanted to have a Tempo Reset function. And the SX900 came with that feature.  8)
Some time ago @metcam requested the  PORTAMENTO function. Miracles, Genos has just that function, it's just called MONO LEGATO. There are many examples of this, from the 76-key keyboard (Tyros5), touch screen or Joystick (Genos, SX).

Offline metcam

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 10:43:01 AM »

The Yamaha team has upgraded keyboards many times by reading suggestions from this forum. So thank you Yamaha. That's why we buy Yamaha, not Casio.   :P

BINGO!!!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »
Why on earth would a Korg PAX5 be mentioned on a Genos2 wish list. Have you got shares in Korg  Babette.

beykock

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 12:52:02 PM »
Hi Eileen :

Years ago Korg came with a touch screen and a joystick.
Even with a " tiltable " touch screen ...

In the past you NEVER liked arranger keyboards with touch screens. Remember ?

Apparently you changed your mind since Yamaha introduced their touch screen and their joystick ( instead of the
2 wheels ).🔔

It might be possible other Korg features will be installed ( like a " tiltable " touch screen e.g. ) in the next
 Yamaha arrangers, why not ?

Take care, Babette
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 12:56:42 PM by beykock »

Offline metcam

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 01:00:45 PM »

STYLE CREATOR:

We need OCTAVE  -2/+2 posability for all channels in style creator.

We have now OCTAVE trough High Key/Note Limit which is slow and complicated for many people.

Regards

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 01:39:49 PM »
Years ago touch screens were very small and I did not like the idea of one on my Yamaha. But the genos screen is quite large and works very well so had to change my mind as I wanted all the rest of the goodies that comes with it. I don't think there would be an advantage to having it tilt though.

beykock

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2019, 03:46:13 PM »
Hi :

I should not be surprised the Yamaha touch screen will become tiltable in the near future. Never say never. We simply do not know ( yet ).

IMHO it might be useful if people want to play outside ?

Also another Korg feature ain't so bad : playing chords in intro's and endings. A nice feature, right ?

There is nothing better than the Yamaha Genos sound quality for the time being. Everybody does agree, I guess.

We recently have been told by a member called Qui, a Dutch Genos and PA4X owner and pro musician,  the sound of the latest Korg styles has been improved a lot.

One expects their sound quality might be much better in the near future ( PA5X ? ) than ever before. Just speculation or true ? Time will tell.

I think nobody will deny Korg are very serious competitors but up to now they do not produce plug-and-play arrangers like Yamaha.
It seems Korg players need a lot of time before they know all ins and outs of their arranger.

On the other hand all their updates and new styles are always free of charge.

Best regards, Babette

Offline ckobu

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2019, 06:52:08 PM »
Babette, Eilen
Why do some topics completely lose their purpose?
It's simple, because the title of the topic does not read and follows its meaning.  ;)
Watch my video channel

Offline soryt

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 08:21:45 PM »
Wish list Genos
  • 8 Gb Flash mem ( öre more)
  • Oled screen ( very high def)
  • metal case finish, black
  • on board voice editor
    • new foot pedal like the Mfc10 and all the controls
    • smaller design
    • better I-pad integration, or android apps
    • better build quality
    HDMi output
    YC61 sound engine
    Full style editor
    Automatic VH like that other top arranger  :)
    • better Rotary effect with decent overdrive programmable
    • a decent replacement form YEM ( it’s terrible now)

Soryt 😎🎹👌🏻
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 11:07:26 PM by soryt »
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

beykock

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2019, 08:48:45 PM »
Hi Ckobu :

You are absolutely right. I fully agree.

Plse ask a moderator of this forum to remove my comments if you do not believe our main competitor might be a good source of inspiration to add some new features and/or improvements to the present Yamaha highend arranger.

Only a moderator can remove my comments.Not me, sorry.

Best wishes, Babette

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:52:23 PM by beykock »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2019, 11:57:14 PM »
Competitor keyboards should have no part in discussing what we want to see on the next update.
  Do not think Yamaha would want to hear about putting content on from them. We were asked what Yamaha additions we would like to see on the next flag ship. I would like to see Chord Looper and a little more memory.

ekurburski

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2019, 02:49:04 AM »
I want integrated DAW ("Yamaha does own Cubase) with ability to add unlimited vsts.

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Offline metcam

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2019, 12:34:56 PM »
MIDI & STYLE play at same time:

Right now we have: MIDI play and style play at same time , MIDI stop style continue play, MIDI start again automaticly style STOP.

We need: MIDI play and style play at same time,MIDI stop style continue play,Midi start again style ""CONTINUE"" play.

Thank you Yamaha.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »
Years ago touch screens were very small and I did not like the idea of one on my Yamaha. But the genos screen is quite large and works very well so had to change my mind as I wanted all the rest of the goodies that comes with it. I don't think there would be an advantage to having it tilt though.

Hello Eileen

When yamaha launches the tiltable display you will agree and say it is good.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Enildo

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2019, 02:24:18 PM »
Competitor keyboards should have no part in discussing what we want to see on the next update.
  Do not think Yamaha would want to hear about putting content on from them. We were asked what Yamaha additions we would like to see on the next flag ship. I would like to see Chord Looper and a little more memory.

I think it's okay to cite model enhancements from other companies. The Joystick, chord looper and touch screen were launched by korg and yamaha had to surrender to these features otherwise it would be left behind in time. The forum is for yamaha keyboard discussions, of course, but there's no harm in quoting here Roland, Cassio, Korg, Ketron, etc. If we are only within our world and have no extra references, the tendency is to be left behind. Other companies also make improvements based on what yamaha owns.

Enildo

Offline EileenL

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2019, 03:16:26 PM »
At the moment Enildo I am quite happy with the screen being fixed. Whether it tilts or not you would still need shading in bright sunlight as we did with the Tyros 5.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 03:30:16 PM »
Eileen, our problem is that we are always running after the icing on the cake.

Offline metcam

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 11:17:03 AM »
SONG POSITIONS BOOTONS:

Since Yamaha rise song to 3MB now we need more "SONG POSITIONS markers"

It would be nice if Yamaha make in GENOS2 a minimum 8 or even better 12 of SONG POSITIONS markers:

Something like this:

latingate

Controling the song/midi vs parts volume
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2019, 06:53:05 PM »
Controling the balance between the volume of style/song and the parts played manually.
1) using the foot expression pedal
2) using a midi foot controller (with expression pedal)
3) using an on board fader
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 07:01:54 PM by latingate »

latingate

PDF support
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2019, 07:00:16 PM »
Possibility to connect pdf files in addition to txt files

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2019, 02:56:24 PM »
Hello everyone,

Many members here are not concerned but for the future Genos, i would like the screen of Genos offers two keyboard modes QZERTY and AZERTY so the user French or Belgian will be able to choose between these two modes. Windows does it well.
This could even be proposed in a future update of the current Genos.

Thank you in advance to Mr. Yamaha.

Best regards

Jean-Pierre 33
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:46:40 PM by Jean-Pierre 33 »

Offline metcam

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2019, 01:05:34 PM »
TERCA

Yamaha added to NEW SX-900/700  a Sub scale which is only HALF job done to have 100% perfect and accured "Terca"

To have Perfect options to have Terca this whats Ned to be done in NEXT update for SX-900/700 and Next GENOS2:

1. Note shift to all individuals tones +/-12 separate for R1,R2,R3
2.Tuning scale individual for R1,R2,R3 (SUB scale in new SX-900/700)
3.Base note-which we already have
4. Posability to memorized in Reg.Memory all

Something as this picture show:

A lot of my friend musicians agree with this topic that is key for GENOS2 or even GENOS1 with update or SX-900/700 to increase sale in Western Europe/Balkan and all around world …….
So really we expect Yamaha to go to next move...  :)

Thanks Yamaha.

Best regards to all musicians from everywere.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 01:12:59 PM by metcam »

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 08:28:12 PM »
I would like better compatibility with the MPE midi standard to use  ROLI RISE49 as a second keyboard, but directly in  Yamaha midi,  without the need of a computer.
I would look forward to more open system  for new sounds, vst-s ex like SWAM-like editable sax, flute etc.
More simple ways to use other controllers, like breath controller to  play Yamahas new, fully editable, built-in  5D instruments :-)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 08:33:05 PM by metsasarv »
Genos,  Roli Rise49

Offline DerekA

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »
Full onboard sound editing, as is currently done in YEM, but using a UI as per the montage/modx.

The structure is the same - 8 elements per voice/sound/part - it would relatively easy I reckon and be a strong feature.

Offline ckobu

Dial up - USER setting
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2019, 12:03:08 PM »
When there is no function selected and when we turn the Dial up wheel, nothing happens. It would be useful if we could select one function that would be the basis for Dial up. I would definitely choose Tempo because I use it most often. If you then manually select another function such as sound, rhythm or volume, Dial up will change that value.
I believe that this option would not be a problem to incorporate into an existing OS in Genos.

Audrey Turner

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2019, 12:07:40 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I've been following the discussion on the 'Tilt' screen and I think it is vital for people like myself who  play at Senior Homes because the Home I play at regularly, use their large conservatory which means most of the time the sun is shining on the area allocated to my keyboard and although I liked the Genos (particularly the R-n-R styles) I only kept it two weeks before trading it in for another Tyros 5 with it's lovely CLEAR TO READ 'TILTING SCREEN'  and I have no regrets at all.   However if Yamaha can see their way clear to putting a screen as good as the Tyros 5 on the Genos in the future, then I could possibly be persuaded to do another trade-in.   "Each to his own" as the saying goes. 

Audrey Turner

Seagull29

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2019, 08:30:56 PM »
Hi,
just a suggestion but of importance: that the designers of the next Genos think of the blind men ! On the Tyros 5, there were buttons to access the functions but I can not imagine how a blind man  can do with a touch screen!
Greetings and a good week end
Seagull29

PS/ and if possible, a REAL STYLE CREATOR !!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: DJIncendration

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2019, 09:44:30 PM »
Hi,
just a suggestion but of importance: that the designers of the next Genos think of the blind men ! On the Tyros 5, there were buttons to access the functions but I can not imagine how a blind man  can do with a touch screen!

You need to check out Toril’s posts. She had the same concerns as she has only 5% vision. But after getting a good deal on a Genos, and giving it a try, she loves the touchscreen.

Actual experience is much better than conjecture
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ckobu

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2019, 08:13:08 AM »
I think this is a bug that Yamaha should fix. This is a problem when activating VH always shuts off the microphone DSP insert.
I have described it in this thread,
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,52379.0.html

and I will enclose a video showing it here.
https://youtu.be/wwWbcfvUITA
Watch my video channel

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2019, 10:20:16 AM »
Hi,
just a suggestion but of importance: that the designers of the next Genos think of the blind men !  ......

The Voice Guide feature for Genos may be for a great help.

Quote from the info:

When Voice Guide is active, the instrument gives audible information on the current display or operation being executed, allowing those who have visual impairments to enjoy playing and using the instrument. The following information can be heard when using the Voice Guide function.

- You can operate the instrument while hearing the information shown in the display.
- You can recognize the display called up, the function being executed, and the parameter value you’ve set.
- You can recognize the preset Voice names, preset Style names, preset Song names, and preset Registration Bank names, etc.
- You can recognize display messages.
- You can recognize the button names on the control panel.

https://europe.yamaha.com/files/download/software/8/1178118/genos_voice_guide_en_tu_b0_text.zip

Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline bernamato

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2019, 04:41:49 PM »
The arranger plays mechanical due to pattern based.
I imagine an improvement on this matter. It could be useful to play the style in which, for example, the bass part play, every bar, a little different, with a different pattern in the same tonality/chord. A kind of "round Robin" applied to the pattern and not to a velocity.
bets regards,

Offline bernamato

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2019, 04:47:08 PM »
Another improvement could be a sync style/midi/song at our choice.

Offline pjd

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 12:38:37 AM »
How about the euphonium from Montage? It's sweet for New Orleans-style jazz.

-- pj

Offline Joe H

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 03:18:20 AM »
Just a month ago, @valimates wanted to have a Tempo Reset function. And the SX900 came with that feature.  8)
Some time ago @metcam requested the  PORTAMENTO function. Miracles, Genos has just that function, it's just called MONO LEGATO. There are many examples of this, from the 76-key keyboard (Tyros5), touch screen or Joystick (Genos, SX).

I suggested to Yamaha that the Live Control settings and the specific values of the Live Control parameters be saved in a registration.. Yamaha had to re-write the OS to do that... and that's what they did... and added a touch screen too (which many users wanted)  Now it's possible for Yamaha to add new features with the new OS.

I also suggested here on the forum that the Multi Pads be added to the Mixing Console, and include all the parameters that are available for the style Parts and Song Parts. That's coming with the v2.0 update for Genos.

I think the old OS made it impossible for Yamaha to respond to many of our requests.

8)

Joe H
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:22:02 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2019, 10:47:10 AM »
How about the euphonium from Montage? It's sweet for New Orleans-style jazz. ...

Hi pj,

since a Euphonium is similar to a Baritone Horn:

Did you already try those Voices on Genos, for example "BaritoneHornLong", "BaritoneHorn Ten" (Tenuto) and maybe "BassTromboneTenuto" (all in Brass category) as well as "BaritoneHorn" in the Legacy Brass category?

(There is also a "BassTromboneTenuto" in EnsemblePart Brass category.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:54:42 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline pjd

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 06:50:58 PM »
Since a Euphonium is similar to a Baritone Horn:

Did you already try those Voices on Genos, for example "BaritoneHornLong", "BaritoneHorn Ten" (Tenuto) and maybe "BassTromboneTenuto" (all in Brass category) as well as "BaritoneHorn" in the Legacy Brass category?

(There is also a "BassTromboneTenuto" in EnsemblePart Brass category.)

Hi Chris --

Yep, I tried those Genos voices. I have the MODX and Genos side-by-side. The Montage/MODX euphonium is pretty darned good! Other Genos players would surely benefit if Yamaha added it to Genos. Shucks, they already have the samples and the voice programming...

BTW, I gig with the MODX. Although it's got the euphonium, the Genos clarinets beat the MODX hands down. You can't always get what you want.  :)

All the best -- pj

P.S. More about this at: http://sandsoftwaresound.net/just-like-starting-over/

Offline metcam

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2019, 10:43:50 PM »
MIDI & STYLE play at same time:

Right now we have: MIDI play and style play at same time , MIDI stop style continue play, MIDI start again automaticly style STOP.

We need: MIDI play and style play at same time,MIDI stop style continue play,Midi start again style ""CONTINUE"" play.

Thank you Yamaha.

Song Syncro Start Off/On realy neded for all players who use MIDI songs and style together for play. At this moment on Genos and SX is almost perfect ,just need a little  to complete that functions:

MIDI play and style play at same time,MIDI stop style continue play,Midi start again style ""CONTINUE"" play.

Here is video how  to use MIDI + style .:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMvv2Gz6ng&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2QLA5bxFzJUG5p5LRl_GRA0GXPh8FP5SyMdPuJp6Gd0Ld9s0XCk0of5Zc

Regards

The following users thanked this post: ckobu

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »
Arpeggios are rich for EDM music.

I understand there's no meaning for Harmony feature. But I would like the arpeggio feature to be extended for the left voice to become a target for arpeggios (Assign = left).

Soundphase.

Offline Linson

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2020, 05:24:58 PM »
I would like to have 6 or 8 multi pads instead of 4 of them.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2020, 06:30:53 PM »
I would like to have 6 or 8 multi pads instead of 4 of them.

This subject has already been discussed here. What I understand is that the keyboard has 16 midis channels (between style tracks, voices, pads, etc) and each pad consumes one channel. 4 Pads = 4 Midi trails.
The solution would be to increase the number of midi channels from 16 to 24. Even this increase in channels would solve other problems with Midi as well.

Enildo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:52:30 AM by Enildo »

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2020, 06:13:47 AM »
AWM3 sound engine, with the same kind of algorithm than the one used for new drums on Genos 1, allowing the sound to be slightly different even if velocity and after touch parameters are identical.

Offline Luluc

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2020, 06:53:13 PM »
GENOS AUDIO RECORDING MONITOR OPTION

For a same song, when you do several takes of audio recording, it should be fine to have an option to keep the setting of the level of Input Monitor.

At present time, each time to hit REC, you have to set the level of Input monitoring. That is boring and not ergonomic at all.
For people do not wanting that, the option could be unticked.
Luluc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Genos - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 - Behringer FCB1010 - AKG K92

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2020, 07:48:08 PM »
I miss the possibility to play the keyboard without unnecessarily tiring my eyes. The instrument should have a so-called Dark Mode, Dark Theme. Possibility of both the screen and the lights on the buttons dimmed out with fine-tuning until completely off. For example, this would allow me to play the piano in a darker room without tiring my eyes with LEDs. Currently I sometimes use a towel placed on the instrument. Of course, this mode should not be saved for the next time you turn it on, so as not to cause confusion.
In addition -
  Please dont judge me if this already works, but I would like to know the easiest way to split the upper part as three separate instrument zones - and save it to the registration memory.
In addition, a couple of former wishes - easier integration with MPE midi to plug in direct  Seabord Rise49
In addition, the ability to use various vst plugins, such as SWAM cellos and so on
Thank You ..
Genos,  Roli Rise49

Offline markstyles

Re: Genos successors wish LIST GENOS - CUBASE - tighter fit.
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2020, 03:44:43 PM »
If you would like a feature, that a competing Keyboard has (like Korg)  I think it's ok to mention it.  Especially if you can think of a enhancement to it. This let's let's Yamaha know, that former Korg users, might 'migrate' over to Yamaha.

For instance I had a Korg a while ago, with a decently large screen, and found it much more useful, then Yamaha's buttons. Yamaha needed to 'catch up with the Jones'

Another example is Yamaha's DAW - Cubase (they bought it up a while ago)  uses a 'chord' track. Something which Apple in it's ultimate arrogance, refuses to think is helpful. 

My wish is that Yamaha does what Apple did with Logic Pro.  Make Yamaha arrangers, fit hand in glove with Cubase.  AND GIVE GENOS owners a 'cross grade' price to upgrade to top of the Cubase line.  That's one reason why Apple customers put up with the higher price.   Anything Apple is going to work perfectly with anything else by Apple.   

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2020, 03:59:28 PM »
  Please dont judge me if this already works, but I would like to know the easiest way to split the upper part as three separate instrument zones - and save it to the registration memory.

This is done by setting the proper split points (Left, R1+R2, R3). To save in a registration, the Style group must be checked.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons