Author Topic: Korg Pa5x vs. "Genos 2 -61"  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Armand

Re: Korg Pa5x vs. "Genos 2 -61"
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2022, 03:36:42 AM »
I am not a professional musician. I learned to play keyboards with a Yamaha PSS470. I was evolving with the brand, until the PSR S950.
Then models appeared about every year and their performance is not very different, until the SX 900, but very expensive, so I bought
a Korg PA700. I tell you this, because the PA5X is the only Korg keyboard, they are 88, 76 and 61 keys, all with the same specifications.
  There are no intermediate models. I think something similar will happen with Yamaha Genos.
Best regards

Offline mikf

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2022, 04:52:57 AM »
Armand - I don't think so. It may make sense for a very small company like Korg, but Yamaha has a different approach and is a much, much bigger company than Korg.
Mike

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2022, 09:10:02 AM »
My Yamaha arranger is a perfect fit for the types of songs I play, which includes a smattering of standards, a little country, and previous pop hits.  Playing often in retirement homes, Iím finding increasingly that the residents seem to prefer, and request, many of the early rock and roll hits.  Too much Gershwin, Berlin, Cole Porter, etc., puts them to sleep.  So, most of my play lists are upbeat, with a few ballads sprinkled in.  I often use Band In A Box; however, I prefer the tracks created with the SX 900.   

Never a truer word was said when it comes to retirement homes.  Absolutely correct.  They don't want a conveyor belt of old big band numbers from the 20's, 30's and 40's.  Nothing wrong with that kind of genre' but it's not what the majority want to listen to.