Author Topic: Pedal problems  (Read 37510 times)

Offline muzicman147

Pedal problems
« on: September 08, 2019, 03:04:02 PM »
Hi,
My Genos only arrived a couple of days ago so nothings been done to it yet, When it arrived I sorted out the basic setting, such as split point and foot pedals, I had No.1 set to fill up and the other to fill down (just because !!)
anyway all was working great.
Then I started looking at the supplied usb and found a file containing regs, so I installed one just to see, and everything changed but seemed fine until I tried to use the foot pedal and yes it had changed back to sustain.
No problem I thought and changed it back, but when I tried it, it now changes to the next variation but seems to get stuck and just keeps playing the intro break and not carrying on to the main style, If I push the button it carry's on as it should.
I've tried changing the pedals round, but still the same they work perfectly if I use them to intro in or end and everything else.
Anyone got any Ideas ?

Online Fred Smith

Re: Pedal problems
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 03:20:38 PM »
Hi,
My Genos only arrived a couple of days ago so nothings been done to it yet, When it arrived I sorted out the basic setting, such as split point and foot pedals, I had No.1 set to fill up and the other to fill down (just because !!)
anyway all was working great.
Then I started looking at the supplied usb and found a file containing regs, so I installed one just to see, and everything changed but seemed fine until I tried to use the foot pedal and yes it had changed back to sustain.
No problem I thought and changed it back, but when I tried it, it now changes to the next variation but seems to get stuck and just keeps playing the intro break and not carrying on to the main style, If I push the button it carry's on as it should.
I've tried changing the pedals round, but still the same they work perfectly if I use them to intro in or end and everything else.
Anyone got any Ideas ?

If you're going to use third-party registrations, but don't want the pedal settings changed, then turn on Freeze for pedals.

Once you've turned Freeze on, then set your pedals as desired. After this, registrations won't change the settings.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline reya

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 04:20:25 PM »
Lots of things can be saved into registration files. That is one of great advantages of using them.
Just press the 'memory' button to the right of the registration buttons and you will see a screen where you can choose what to save into a registration button. (press esc to remove the screen after you had a look).

The problem is that, when fiddling around with third party registration files, you do not know what was saved in them. So just loading one can change things you may not be aware of at the moment of change, but that you will only discover in weeks or maybe  in months. Such thing can be button assignments, live control settings, audio out settings ..... In your case, the pedal settings were changed, maybe others too.
As Fred suggested you can use the freeze function to avoid changes, but that works selectively. You have to freeze what you don't want to change, which is not allways predictable

Some consider it good practice, when you have your Genos set up as you want it, to save everything (check all the options you see when pressing the memory buton) into a registrationfile and call it Master Configuration or something. So that after trying out third party registrations, even if you do not notice anything strange, you can load your master configuration registration before continuing so that you are sure, you Genos is unchanged.

Unfortunatly I do not exactly understand your problem, so I cannot offer any help there.
But maybe the above advice may help you avoid those kind of problems in the future.

Best of luck!

Best Regards
Rudy

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 04:43:22 PM by reya »
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »
The problem is that the third party registrations were saved with different pedal settings so need to be changed if you are going to use these. You can use freeze but I prefer to just set up the effects I want and resave to registrations I am constantly using.

Offline muzicman147

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 07:33:18 PM »
I've worked out what happened,it appears that the new Reg changed the polarity on both of my foot pedals.
I've found that if you go to the pedal section and click on menu (top right) it offers you to change the polarity.
Thank you to everyone for your helpful advice, I see I'll have to be more careful before playing with things I don't understand in future. :D
Cheers
Drew

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 12:09:51 PM »
I've owned several Tyros and now Genos keyboards. Each time I upgraded, I needed to adjust all my Registrations. They seldom produced the exact sound with the newer voices and rhythms. It's painstaking work but once you have them all done, it's worth it, especially if you're gigging. The last thing you want is a surprise sound while on stage with a full dance floor :-[! That happened to me once and that was too many times. We had to abort the song. Very embarrassing.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.