Author Topic: We need same like Sx 900 Yamaha model without touch screen it will be less cost  (Read 26308 times)

Offline pjd

I think the OP was asking for a low cost keyboard with features similar to the SX900. It's really up to Yamaha's engineers to figure out how to hit that price point.

Eileen's comment about buttons for players with vision problems is well-taken. I don't presume to know how to make a keyboard easier to use for people with limited or no vision. Shucks, the UIs that I designed were horrible for the sighted.  :)

I'm sure that the engineers take volume discounts, wiring, assembly, testing, etc. into account and cost is never as simple as just the component cost alone. Further, a very large portion of keybaord costs are development, including voice, multipad and style development.

All the best -- pj

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
finally i upgraded from psr s 950 to psr s 975... because, its cost was less. and more futures in it. sx 900 cost is more.. we cant perches..  waiting for any new models from yamaha
cliffordleo

Offline cliffordleo1965

• Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
We need same type model sx900 Yamaha keyboard without touch screen then cost will be lower any middle class user can purchase par s 975 have to modify like sx900 then it,s great thing.. all are used to without touch screen buttons should be like new sx900 model.. all should be plastic one it will give long life. Best one to use.  It's started in particular s 670 models.. waiting for this type new modelled par s sx 900
cliffordleo

beykock

I understand the SX900 pricing might be a serious problem for a certain number of home players ( like me ).

Sometimes people have other financial obligations and/or priorities.

I went for the SX700 and did not regret my decision at all.
I like the SX700 very much.

It is well known the SX900 has 10 features which are not present in the SX700 but the SX700 has a great sound and is a small pro keyboard at an acceptable street price, IMHO.

It is absolutely true the SX900 offers more than the SX700.
BUT ... all depends on the owner's needs and wishes, I guess.

Babette 

Offline Toril S

Congratulations Babette!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

ash1

hi Babette good choice the sx700 is a superb keyboard
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:27:07 AM by ash1 »

Offline cliffordleo1965

• Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
now days Yamaha sx price and Yamaha psr s 975 prices are only 5,000/. indian rupees difference. why its like that any difect is there in sx 900 yamaha keyboard, let me know please. any one please reply me
cliffordleo

Offline Enildo

Congratulations Babete! Enjoy your new year gift!

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline cliffordleo1965

• Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
yamaha sx 900 and psr s 975 now prize is only 5000/... indian rupees.. so let me know about this why prize is less for sx 900 any problems in that please let me know
cliffordleo

konaboy

like others have said a touch screen UI is actually cheaper than hardware UI, plus more flexible, manufacturer can introduce new features with firmware updates for existing hardware layout etc. It's debatable user experience is enhanced with touchscreen, personally I prefer the tactile feedback of physical buttons.
Cost of a 7" touch screen from China seems to be about $30.