Author Topic: Hello everyone from Cheshire U.K.  (Read 11642 times)

Offline OmbDave

Hello everyone from Cheshire U.K.
« on: August 06, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »
Hi everyone, I am a new member making my first posting. I am 69 y o and I'm a retired pro drummer who has been playing keyboards (badly) for the last 20 or so years. I am in the process of upgrading my Tyros3 to a Genos and would be thankful of some help with concerns I might have for the migration. I will make a few postings in the Tyros3 and Genos forums of some of the advice that I think I need.
I still do some gigs at local golf and social clubs using the T3 through QSC K10 series1 speakers for playing live over my recorded midi files and a few purchased midis for songs which are too complicated an arrangement for me to handle. I also use vocals through the T3 along the Vocal Harmoniser.
The change from T3 buttons to touch screen on the  Genos is what concerns me most as a few visits to my local PMT music store has left me fairly bewildered as to where to find things. So that's where I need most help. Anyway, sorry for the long winded post but I'm very glad to be a part of this great forum.
Dave
Dave
Yamaha Genos
Korg i3 (2021)
Yamaha Tyros3
Roland Alpha Juno
Pearl Drums, Paiste & Avedis Zildjian Cymbals
HK Audio Polar10

Online Toril S

Re: Hello everyone from Cheshire U.K.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »
Welcome Dave! You will get all the help that you need here. Ask away😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline OmbDave

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 06:12:42 PM »
Thank you Toril I am thrilled that psr-tutorial has allowed me to join this wonderful site
Dave
Yamaha Genos
Korg i3 (2021)
Yamaha Tyros3
Roland Alpha Juno
HK Audio Polar10

ekurburski

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:24:00 PM »
Another welcome Dave.  Be sure and check out the main site's lessons.  I never fail to learn something new when I visit there.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 07:28:01 PM »
Hi Dave,

We've already met, but welcome to the forum, once again, and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your Tyros 3 and Genos keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing them.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains almost 73,000 song titles in over 2,000 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline OmbDave

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 09:49:51 PM »
Thank you once again Roger for your help in getting me set up as a member and also for your kind welcome.
Also a thank you to Earl for his kind words and advice to check out the main sites lessons which I definitely plan to do.
Cheers Guys and Girls
Dave
Yamaha Genos
Korg i3 (2021)
Yamaha Tyros3
Roland Alpha Juno
HK Audio Polar10

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 10:36:09 AM »
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forums

As Toril says you will get plenty of helpful advice here.

Enjoy your new Genos.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline OmbDave

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »
Hi Trevor and thank you for the welcome. I see you are from the UK too
Dave
Yamaha Genos
Korg i3 (2021)
Yamaha Tyros3
Roland Alpha Juno
HK Audio Polar10

Offline Halesowen Kid

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 07:53:37 PM »
Hello Dave,

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum....

I know you will have your questions answered and learn all aspects of your keyboard(s). It's being a fantastic source of help and knowledge to me, especially by becoming a "Supporting Member" as this opens up many other sections for your benefit.

Enjoy this great group.

My regards,

Mike

Offline alans

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 09:58:51 AM »
Hello Dave

Welcome to the forum and hope you are getting on well with your new  Genos,it's a great keyboard and I'm sure you'll enjoy using it

Best wishes

Alan

Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos