Author Topic: Yamaha Genos New Update 1.41  (Read 9397 times)

Yamaha Genos New Update 1.41
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:34:45 AM »
V1.40 to V1.41]

-The function "Part On/Off" (for the Left, Right 1, Right 2, Right 3 or Mic part) is newly assignable to the foot pedals.

-Fixed a problem in which the detail settings of the "Part On/Off" function for each one of the ASSIGNABLE buttons would not be loaded properly from the Registration Memory or System Backup.

-Fixed a problem in which some assignable Functions on the MIDI External Controller display would not work properly.

-Fixed a problem in which the firmware update does not work properly in certain situations.

-Fixed other problems.

https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/firm_genos.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 07:27:03 AM by Sokratis1974 »

The following users thanked this post: terryB, loendersloot, Bill, pchan, KeyboardByBiggs

Offline Bill

Re: Yamaha Genos New Update 1.4.1
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 10:47:42 AM »
Many thanks for the link to the Version 1.4 FIX.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline marcodg

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 11:54:13 AM »
I hoped it was the new update with "Chord Looper" and "Style Reset".
So be patient  :( :( :(
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 12:32:28 PM »
I thought Version 1.4 already had the Style Reset function. Isn't this the function that helps us play songs (for example) that have 4/4 time signatures with the odd 6/4 bar inserted such as, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 12:34:19 PM »
Have just updated my Genos with no problems at all.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 12:59:57 PM »
I thought Version 1.4 already had the Style Reset function. Isn't this the function that helps us play songs (for example) that have 4/4 time signatures with the odd 6/4 bar inserted such as, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison?

No. There is no style Reset function on Genos.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 01:21:14 PM »
Guess what - I was confusing that with the Half Bar Fill In, which can work in the case of Pretty Woman.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline soryt

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 06:29:37 PM »
Just installed the "update", and hoped they had finally added the rotary control in the external controller, Unfortunately still not the case  :-[

Soryt  :(
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 06:46:12 PM »
Many thanks for the link.

will update tonight.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Bachus

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »
I hoped it was the new update with "Chord Looper" and "Style Reset".
So be patient  :( :( :(

That would not be named 1.41..

Wait for 1.5 or 2.0 and see what happens, you never know.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 08:40:19 PM »
V1.40 to V1.41]

-Fixed a problem in which the firmware update does not work properly in certain situations.

Hi.

In my opinion, this is the FIRST reason for this quickly launched update. There were a lot of people complaining about incompatibility of 1.40 update.
And of course, because some of the next implementations were already build, they've incorporated in this 1.41 (not 1.4.1) update.

:) Yamaha is awake, and I'm "half past" glad  ;) Good job, and I hope soon we will have at least Style Reset, but surely Chord looper will be great as assignable.

I should explain why I'm half past glad: I don't understand how a keyboard like PSR-SX (which was build exactly after two years from launch of TOTL Genos) and it is middle range, not TOTL, has those new implementations like Chord Looper and Style Reset, and Genos can't have it, as a simple update! We can see there is the same interface, so the OS platform is Genos's based OS. If you look in the past, the same thing happened with S970 which was the middle range arranger launched two years (2015) after Tyros 5 (2013). So, if we look at PSR S970, has at least 90% interface like Tyros 5. Ok, with limitations made from software, of course. But this implementation of Drum Setup in PSR-S970 has been ported in Genos of course, two years after PSR-S970 launch.
What I have to understand from these informations?! That Chord Looper and Style Reset will be these two new functions launched in a middle range keyboard which precedes the new TOTL of Yamaha, which will be Genos 2 after two years from now?!  ??? ::) Or can they make a disruption in they "planing" of launching new features in new models, and to make an update to Genos (which is "old" than SX, clearly )to implement those functions as assignable ones?! We will leave and will see...
But I honestyly, don't think those functions will be implemented in Genos. Maybe in Genos 2, but not in Genos 1.

Vali.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 08:46:47 PM »
Hi.

I should explain why I'm half past glad: I don't understand how a keyboard like PSR-SX (which was build exactly after two years from launch of TOTL Genos) and it is middle range, not TOTL, has those new implementations like Chord Looper and Style Reset, and Genos can't have it, as a simple update! We can see there is the same interface, so the OS platform is Genos's based OS. If you look in the past, the same thing happened with S970 which was the middle range arranger launched two years (2015) after Tyros 5 (2013). So, if we look at PSR S970, has at least 90% interface like Tyros 5. Ok, with limitations made from software, of course. But this implementation of Drum Setup in PSR-S970 has been ported in Genos of course, two years after PSR-S970 launch.
What I have to understand from these informations?! That Chord Looper and Style Reset will be these two new functions launched in a middle range keyboard which precedes the new TOTL of Yamaha, which will be Genos 2 after two years from now?!  ??? ::) Or can they make a disruption in they "planing" of launching new features in new models, and to make an update to Genos (which is "old" than SX, clearly )to implement those functions as assignable ones?! We will leave and will see...
But I honestyly, don't think those functions will be implemented in Genos. Maybe in Genos 2, but not in Genos 1.

Vali.

The way I see it, it’s all about sales and marketing.  Dont’ give away everything on one keyboard, keep the customers hungry for more features and if they don’t get it in the current model, maybe they will purchase the newest with the latest and greatest
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2019, 08:53:50 PM »
True Stephenm52, however, it hardly seems fair for an inferior grade keyboard to receive some very useful tools that the TOTL Genos does not have. After all, we were the ones who allowed Yamaha to recover their development costs of the Genos by purchasing our keyboards at full price and as soon as we could get our fingers on one. This can rub people the wrong way especially when Montage owners get amazing new functionality added on at regular intervals.

What would Yamaha do if we all decided to NOT purchase Genos 2 and just wait a few extra years for the lesser model to come out? I bet they'd notice that something was wrong with their bottom line!!

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2019, 09:11:41 PM »
Lee,   I agree it doesn’t seem fair that’s sure.   Yamaha should take a lesson from Korg, they regularly have made updates with new features free to current Pa4x owners.  My thought is that would make many of us happier Genos owners.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline pjd

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2019, 09:42:08 PM »
I agree with Vali. The install issue is what our development team would have called a "show stopper" bug. If a show stopper is found in QA, it usually holds up final release. That's why Yamaha jumped right on it.

Usually, when you do a quick fix release like this, the team asks "what other small fixes do we have completed and tested?" If the fixes have been fully QA'ed, then they often get added.

A quick fix release rarely adds new features.

That's the way software engineers think in terms of standard practice.

-- pj
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:43:48 PM by pjd »

Offline pjd

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 09:49:00 PM »
BTW, I'd like to see the chord looper, in particular, added to Genos. So, I'm with ya, folks. I agree with Bachus that such an addition would appear in a "1.5" update, not a quick fix release.

If Yamaha add the chord looper, that would be positive proof that they view Genos as an evolving platform, not a one-off.

-- pj

PS A personal note. Looks like Genos will be in storage until the end of September, but we did find a house. It's gonna take a little while before we can move in. I'm now 3,000 miles west than two weeks ago.  :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 09:50:43 PM by pjd »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 09:58:01 PM »

If Yamaha add the chord looper, (I'll add Style Reset, too :D ) that would be positive proof that they view Genos as an evolving platform, not a one-off.

-- pj

Amen, bro!

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 01:32:03 AM »

PS A personal note. Looks like Genos will be in storage until the end of September, but we did find a house. It's gonna take a little while before we can move in. I'm now 3,000 miles west than two weeks ago.  :)

PJ.  Good luck out west.  Looks like there’s no chance that I’d bump into you at Frankieve’ s Audio Works Store in Ct.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline elad770

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 02:06:28 AM »
The way I see it, it’s all about sales and marketing.  Dont’ give away everything on one keyboard, keep the customers hungry for more features and if they don’t get it in the current model, maybe they will purchase the newest with the latest and greatest

My thoughts exactly!

I also think that they must give something to other lines of instruments. You can rest assured this will come up on the genos

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 06:46:50 AM »
Just installed the "update", and hoped they had finally added the rotary control in the external controller, Unfortunately still not the case  :-[

Hey!
I've also been waiting for this feature.
I had it in my Tyros 5.
Have informed Yamaha about this ever since Genos came out.

// Pierre
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Offline soryt

Re: Yamaha Genos New Update 1.41
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 12:52:15 PM »
How many people are needed for a request to Yamaha to get things changed ??
Ther where many people asking for the rotary control on the external controller , and it must be possible to get it working like it dit on the Tyros range , i think

Soryt ???
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline soryt

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 01:14:24 PM »
and again  , Yamaha has the knowledge and experience to make good Apps, Why is there no such thing for the Genos as in this video >>

https://youtu.be/ZnNz81hQi48?t=225

Soneg  :-X

Offline soryt

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »
After this update the rotary controle with the foot pedal (2) dont react , it does work with the rotary button .
I have made a lot of registrations with this pedal activated , and since the update they dont work anymore ?

:(

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 05:51:30 PM »
After this update the rotary controle with the foot pedal (2) dont react , it does work with the rotary button .
I have made a lot of registrations with this pedal activated , and since the update they dont work anymore ?

:(

Hey!
Press Direct Access and then the foot pedal and select DSP rotary variation Right 1.
Then you create a register with setup that sets everything you want in the startup, you use it every time you start Genos then it works.
// Pierre
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

Offline soryt

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 06:08:58 PM »
Pierre ,
Thanks for youre response ,  but it is strange that when you select a function to work so ( and it did work for more than a year ), that after the update it doesnt work .
Its a major fault in this update , And the most strange thing is , it says Rotary control but it controls now the registrations (-) !!??
I wil send Yamaha a complain about this , and i wil search for the 1.40 file on my drive to try that

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 08:03:12 PM »
And the most strange thing is , it says Rotary control but it controls now the registrations (-) !!??

Press 'Direct Access' then 'Memory' to open the 'Registration Sequence' display and check if the sequence function has been turned on.

If it has, and pedal #2 is assigned to 'Regist +' or 'Regist -'  then this will override the 'Organ Rotary Slow/Fast' function that you have assigned to the pedal, and when you press the pedal, the registration memory button will change, as you are experiencing.

If you don't want to use the Registration Sequence, simply turn it off.  If you do want to use it, you can turn off pedal#2 (from the same display) which will restore the pedal to use the function that you have assigned to it.

The same issue was discussed just yesterday in the forum post at this link...
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,51183.msg400479.html#msg400479

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:08:48 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline soryt

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 10:11:29 AM »
Press 'Direct Access' then 'Memory' to open the 'Registration Sequence' display and check if the sequence function has been turned on.

If it has, and pedal #2 is assigned to 'Regist +' or 'Regist -'  then this will override the 'Organ Rotary Slow/Fast' function that you have assigned to the pedal, and when you press the pedal, the registration memory button will change, as you are experiencing.

If you don't want to use the Registration Sequence, simply turn it off.  If you do want to use it, you can turn off pedal#2 (from the same display) which will restore the pedal to use the function that you have assigned to it.

The same issue was discussed just yesterday in the forum post at this link...
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,51183.msg400479.html#msg400479

Regards

Ian

Thanks !!  , this is it  ;D ;D

Offline bryan01

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2019, 03:41:54 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up regarding this update. Put it on earlier today. Just lost the use of my sustain pedal but was soon rectified.
No other problems found except that it did not improve my playing. That would need divine intervention! Lol
Playing the best I can. For as long as I last.
I am blessed with a Yamaha CVP 809,
a Yamaha Genos2,
a lovely wife and
two Yorkshire Terriers.