Author Topic: Merging two styles in to one in PSR 970  (Read 4943 times)

Padman

Merging two styles in to one in PSR 970
« on: August 06, 2019, 06:50:41 AM »
Hi All,

I need to use two different beats for a song in different places of the performance. Is there anyway I could merge these two styles into one style as a variation of other style using a software or inbuilt style creater/editor. Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Padman

Offline ton37

Re: Merging two styles in to one in PSR 970
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:20:01 AM »
Hi Padman, the simpliest way is to use 'style'- assembly (A function in Style-creation) in combination with some Reg.Mems. That's a powerful and somewhat undervalued tool.
Pls. do a search ('style assembly yamaha') on Inet for more tutorials.
Maybe this one could help you to get the basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi9BfAcD05M

Have fun ...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 07:21:30 AM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 08:56:51 AM »
Depends what you mean by different beats. If it is the same time signature then just copy one into the variation of another using style assembly. It’s easy to do.
If you mean different time signatures then that cannot be done by style assembly. Then it would have to be done by having two styles and changing between then. Probably a registration is then the easiest way.
Mike

Pino

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »
You can save any beat you want to Registrations and call up the registration as the song progresses.
Pino.

Offline andyg

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 10:46:19 AM »
If you just want a change of style part way through a piece, then as Pino said, the best way is simply to use Registrations.

Two things to remember: 1) the tempo for both styles must match and 2) it's worth going into the Mixer and making sure that the Drum Kit and Bass sounds are the same for each style used. (Unless there's a good musical reason why 1 and/or 2 should not apply, of course!)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Padman

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 04:27:10 AM »
Thanks All for the inputs. I could easily use registers. Thanks Again!!!. will try the assembly option as well.

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 06:41:32 AM »
Hi Padman,
here is an example of how you can combine different styles with a Reg even when a song has different tempos.
This song needed one slow rock and one power rock style.

Well said Andy! The "band" that plays both styles should be the....same. :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2A_sJ2uTQ