Author Topic: YEM Yamaha Expansion Manager Tutorial (dutch)  (Read 5004 times)

Offline robinez

YEM Yamaha Expansion Manager Tutorial (dutch)
« on: August 05, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »
I know that quite a few of the psr members are dutch or can understand the dutch language. For those people i created a tutorial in the dutch language that explains the latest version of YEM.

Official Yamaha expansion packs are quite expensive, in this video i show how to create your own expansions with free soundfonts and ppf files that you can find on the internet. The following steps are shown:

- Genos preparation (creating the instrument Info File)
- Yamaha Expansion Manager generic explanation
- Where do you find free soundfonts
- How to add soundsfonts to your own expansion packs
- How to add PPF files to your own expansion packs
- How to install Expansion packs in your Genos

Sorry for everyone that don't understand the dutch language, this tutorial is not suited for you, but in the future i will also create some tutorials in the english language, but this topic is something a lot of the dutch genos users are struggling with, so that's why i explained it for them in the dutch language,

The tutorial can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPa8JWanDuY

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:28:19 AM by robinez »

The following users thanked this post: Jacob, ton37, wersianer, KeyboardByBiggs

Offline ton37

Re: YEM Yamaha Expansion Manager Tutorial (dutch)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 04:04:56 PM »
@ Robinez: Thank you very much for the clear explanation. Although it is in the Dutch language, the images may speak for themselves and you can learn something from it.

Voor mij heel leerzaam, hartelijk dank! Grtjs.  ;)
My best regards,
Ton

beykock

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 04:33:24 PM »
I am very grateful for your fantastic job, R  !

☝☝☝
No doubt all Dutch speaking people will be very happy !💐

All the best, Babette
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 04:35:36 PM by beykock »

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 04:46:02 PM »
I know that quite a few of the psr members are dutch or can understand the dutch language. For those people i created a tutorial in the dutch language that explains the latest version of YEM.

Official Yamaha expansion packs are quite expensive, in this video i show how to create your own expansions with free soundfonts and ppf files that you can find on the internet. The following steps are shown:

- Genos preparation (creating the instrument Info File)
- Yamaha Expansion Manager generic explanation
- Where do you find free soundfonts
- How to add soundsfonts to your own expansion packs
- How to add PPF files to your own expansion packs
- How to install Expansion packs in your Genos

Sorry for everyone that don't understand the dutch language, this tutorial is not suited for you, but in the future i will also create some tutorials in the english language, but this topic is something a lot of the dutch genos users are struggling with, so that's why i explained it for them in the dutch language,

The tutorial can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPa8JWanDuY
Hello Mr Robinez.
Do you plan to create sound packs for Genos as you did for Korg ?
Your soundpacks are generally very good.
Regards
Soundphase.

Offline robinez

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 06:10:35 PM »
Hello Mr Robinez.
Do you plan to create sound packs for Genos as you did for Korg ?
Your soundpacks are generally very good.
Regards
Soundphase.

Yes,

i'm working on several packs at this moment which can be released on the genos, pa4x and kronos. I did not decided yet which sound set on which platform(s) will be released but the genos will probably one of them.

The dream piano expansion is already finished which is a very lightweight piano (32 MB) which has exactly the piano sound i like. The dream pads expansion is under development and more and more sounds are added every day, it sounds really impressive in my opinion when you hear those sounds in the genos
(i've watched the movie bladerunner this weekend and got inspired and added those kind of  sweeping analog leads also to this library, so probably the name will change of the expansion).

The dance expansion with dance sounds is also under development, it adds dance and trance sounds you hear over here in Europe on for instance the State of Trance shows.

There is no release schedule for it yet, i got the genos 5 weeks ago now, so i just started the real programming of the sets. But there are two demos on my channel where i show the sounds in different songs:

The song the End uses Sounds from the ambient sounds expansion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ply2eEndUo

the song: movements of dance uses sounds from the dance expansion and the ambient sounds expansion (in different registrations)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mffYAa72KA

The following users thanked this post: jazzy_beat

beykock

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 06:40:23 PM »
Hi R :

Are these packs ( made by you ! ) usable for other Yamaha arrangers than the Genos ?

Thank you in advance for your reply ! 🔆🔆🔆

Babette

Offline robinez

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 07:50:39 AM »
Hi R :

Are these packs ( made by you ! ) usable for other Yamaha arrangers than the Genos ?

Thank you in advance for your reply ! 🔆🔆🔆

Babette
if they are released for the genos then they will also work in the tyros 5 and latest psr models (as long as you have memory enough in your tyros or psr model).

Offline intheword

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 09:47:00 PM »
Hello Mr. Robinez .... have you released any Genos expansion packs for dance, EDM and Trance?  I would love to buy them if they are available.  your work is amazing!