Author Topic: v-console  (Read 4422 times)

patthetoyman

v-console
« on: August 04, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »
Hi All,
I've  just purchased a VConsole to go with my Tyros 4 and a m-audio as a lower keyboard.
they seemed to link with a midi cable fine.
The question is what is it supposed to do ? I begin to think this was a waste of money
No instructions No functions as online demos show  all packed into an expensive windows

pad or is it me just not grasping the concept. It seems just to be a glorified registration

maker
can anyone tell me different !

looking forward to comments

best regards to all members
Pat

Offline jwyvern

Re: v-console
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 06:22:42 PM »

You can choose to make registrations with it and in such cases could be referred to as a "glorified registration maker" since the maximum no. of panel voices for layering has gone up from 4 (Tyros) to 12 (Tyros plus VC). It is quite a task building large ensembles from scratch but not essential since VC comes with a full range of preset registrations that you can use and edit after getting to understand the system. 
There are masses of extra features available for all genres, and in particular for Organ setups so do not despair.

It is surprising you appear to have not been sent instructions.  I use VC with Genos and had 2 manuals, one for setup, the other describing the features in detail and various ways of using them.
Suggest you go back to John Beesley assuming you bought VC from him (via Bee Software or Tyros Magic). I am sure he will be keen to supply you with missing manuals and answer questions that remain after reading them.

John
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:24:11 PM by jwyvern »

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 06:43:17 PM »
Hi Pat, the V-Console is a fabulous addition to a set up with 2 keyboards and even more so with a set of bass pedals. As John says it drastically increases the number of voices you can layer and once you find your way round it you find that it is very easy to use. Yes I suppose you could call it a 'glorified registration maker' but the more you use it the more you realise how flexible it can become to suit your needs in different situations.
The manuals I find are very comprehensive but also John Beesley has been extremely helpful when I've contacted him to ask questions. I've met him on a couple of occasions at the Yamaha Club weekend - he's a very clever man and an excellent musician, he has that 'wow' factor!
I wasn't aware that it is compatible with Tyros 4, I thought it was for Tyros 5, Genos or CVP709 but perhaps he has continued expanding on it?
Pam
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:50:38 PM by keyplayer »

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 08:18:27 PM »
"I wasn't aware that it is compatible with Tyros 4, I thought it was for Tyros 5, Genos or CVP709 but perhaps he has continued expanding on it?"

Pam,
My version of VC gives options to choose from Genos, Ty5, Ty4, CVP 709, or PSR 970.
John

Offline keyplayer

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 10:11:50 PM »
Hi John, ooops yes you're quite right, I've just looked and mine is the same!! I must have noticed that before on the set-up page, but had forgotten it is there and just don't see it any more - ho hum, senior moment.
It's like a faithful friend now, I wouldn't be without it.
Pam

Offline meyrick

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 06:11:43 AM »
I bought a V-Console last year and was under the impression it was keyboard specific. I have to say I found it quite confusing to begin with, but after many hours of use and reading and rereading the manual I now find it a very useful item.