Author Topic: CVP models Upgrade - High Note Issue  (Read 5270 times)

Offline tangothomas

CVP models Upgrade - High Note Issue
« on: August 03, 2019, 05:39:04 PM »
Hi all!

Opened up my CVP a while ago and changed rubber contacts and electronics. Got a New Piano. You should do it too!
PM me for more details and images. (could not upload pictures the way I wanted)

Thomas

Offline tangothomas

Re: CVP models Upgrade - High Note Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 07:10:55 AM »
And this is how it looks:

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: tomtomsf

Offline Gill

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 01:06:12 AM »
Could you expand some more on what you replaced and why?  I understand about the contacts, but sounds like you did board level changes too.

Also, what model please?

Interested.  Nice to see some chatter in the Clavinova forum for a change.

Offline tangothomas

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »
Been playing my CVP 709 morning and evening  since it was new three years ago. (I also have a CVP 605 bought new a few months earlier.)

After two years the 709 started to behave in a different mannar. Hard to control on certain keys. So I decided to find out what was wrong. This took me several months. After a while I connected my 709 to my Mac and used Garageband to measure note value/velocities. Put two fingers together and struck two adjacent keys at the same time. That way I could detect if there was any difference in velocities between C/D, E/F etc. Did this up and down the kb a few times and looked at the result. And there was big differences between some of the keys. So something was wrong.

I have heard of rubber contacts changing over time but the electronics that are coupled to them are supposed to correct wear and aging, but I found out that there was a new version of the three cards that was improved to handle it better. So these was also changed.

Nocturne64

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 02:55:42 PM »
Did you experience such issues after 3 years of usage? Only 3 years? It's not so encouraging. I'm thinking to buy a new piano, maybe 709 or latest 809 when it will be in the stores, but it seems you posted not a good review! I'm not a technician, so I would not able to replace contacts and electronics on myself, so it would be a very bad problem for me. Any other user experience similar issues with top level CVP models? Thanks.

Offline Gill

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 05:03:47 PM »
I would be interested in the specific part numbers you replaced, where you were able to buy them from, and approximate costs.  Hope this isn't in my future, but just in case, this might be good information to have.  Thanks for sharing!