Author Topic: Hello and help  (Read 16962 times)

Offline dillyboy

Hello and help
« on: August 21, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
Hi All

It has been a long time since I have posted on here i am the proud owner of a new Genos, I previously owned a Tyros 4/Tyros 2/QS300/PSR 1100/PSR 640.

I am loving my New Genos especially the 2 new pianos, however I have one query;

Last night i done a "quick" midi file recording (just me playing the piano), I played it back and it sounded okay while still in the recording window, i then saved the midi and when i played it back from the song selection area,  i could hardly hear it, it was that low,  this happened when i done a "quick" audio recording also.  I then switched the keyboard off and on again and it was sounding normal again??

i have upgraded to 1.4 not 1.41 would this have any bearing on it?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nigel
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 03:13:51 PM by dillyboy »
It's nice to be nice.....

Lloyd E

Re: Hello and help
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 03:21:11 PM »
Could be the update. There is a list of corrections that 1.41 which are listed here on one of the posts.You can also read the corrections added at the download file from Yamaha. Perhaps this will tell you.  Lloyd

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »
Hello Nigel,
   Check where your song volumes are set in slider window. They should be around a 100. Also check where the Song A and B are set. Should be in the center.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 07:47:47 PM »
Hi Nigel

This also has happened to me on a few occassions.
Sometimes you record at a good level and then it is quiet on playback until you restart. It happens sometimes when you choose an instrument. sounds too low setting up a record until restart.
There is a little gremlin roaming around inside the Genos and as soon as you go after him he is off in his flying teapot!! 8) :P
I do not know whether it is a glitch or what as i had restarted if problem occurred.
Like Eileen said record around 100 and all is ok , but sometimes your strange anomaly happens once in a while.

All the Best
john :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 07:48:48 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 12:02:28 AM »
There is a gremlin in my T5 as well. Sound levels mysteriously increase or decrease sometimes.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline dillyboy

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 07:53:53 AM »
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the responses, as usual, plenty of help and advice.

I had checked all the levels before and after i did the recordings and i had done this a few times and there was no change.  Turning on and off the keyboard seemed the only resolution, this never happened me on the T4 and I had it 9 years!

I wont let it put me off though,  the Genos is pure magic...

Thanks everyone

Nigel

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 08:58:07 AM »
It could be a registration, or could be KbdVol slider which change expression for L,R1-R3 .
When you restart your keyboard it will load default volumes, that's why you hear normal after restart.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 09:17:32 AM »
Hi Toril

I had sudden increases in volume sound from saxophones which is annoying.
I think it is to do with touch sensitivity in the sound edit section and aftertouch.

all the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline panos

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 12:17:19 PM »
Maybe is got to do something with the style and the voices you have loaded at that time which are the same as the midi file and produce weird sounds .
So it is messing those things together on the playback sometimes.
(style parts with midi parts and midi voices with the voices that are loaded at the moment or at the OTS)
When it does that to my psr, I load another style and the midi sounds ok.
I think this is hapenning if I accidentaly press the Start button of the style part while the midi is playing or another button of the first row.I am not sure.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 01:23:48 PM »
I don't think this is a glitch but more like you are not noticing where volumes are set on the sliders.
I always use registration banks which are set up so that the volumes are all correct when starting to record. I don't touch volume sliders when recording so I have never had any problems with any of my keyboards not playing back the right volumes.
  Try setting up a registration and record using it. If it plays back at a lower volume then check what you have the song playback set to. As I said before it should be set to 100. Check it is there when creating registrations to.

Offline dillyboy

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »
Hi Everyone

I did not change any volumes during the recording I don't think it is anything to do with registrations, my thinking is that it as some say here a glitch, why I think this is, I didn't need to do anything like this when recording on the T4.  the thing is,  this was a very simple process first I set all the sounds and levels the way i wanted then --  A) press recording B) select quick midi or audio recording C) play a very basic piece of piano (no style) and when i was still in the recording window it sounded loud/normal. when I saved it and played it back from the song menu I could hardly hear it and as I keep saying it never happened on the T4, maybe it will be addressed in a future firmware upgrade...

** the only other thing I can think of is, i had just recently tweaked the piano sound ie the reverb, maybe that night have effected things **

Cheers again for the suggestions and help!!

Nigel

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 04:57:24 PM »
Hi
I can understand what you are saying .

The switching off of the Genos and switching on does cure the problem.
This happens only now and then though. also it could be tweaking something which causes the anomaly.
When a registration is made it does solve the problem as they stay stable, it is when you start to record something different without a registration.
The silly one is that you may knock the live slider control whilst reaching for something on the left. ::) :-X ;D

All the Best
John
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:02:28 PM by ugawoga »