Author Topic: Software for basic midi recording and editing  (Read 4987 times)

Offline jugge

Software for basic midi recording and editing
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:26:35 AM »
Hi,

I have been trying to do some basic midi editing with Genos and Cubase, but I've found it to be quite of a challenge, especially to record and edit the chord track. It sometimes work, but other times it just doesn't sound right.

Is there some software especially made for arranger keyboards that can do basic midi recording/editing?

I can of cause use the internal song recorder and editor, but that it's a bit time consuming and some external PC software would make this process a lot easier. 

Thanks
/Jorgen
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Software for basic midi recording and editing
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 11:41:52 AM »
Try Mix Master,

Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

The following users thanked this post: jugge

Offline ugawoga

Re: Software for basic midi recording and editing
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:43:09 PM »
Hi
Record your chord track on the Genos and play your song.
Transfer your song to Cubase and edit in piano roll. You can even split your tracks with those scissors.
If playing back and editing  choose  no input and Genos workstation underneath in inspector.
That will cut the glitches out. If you put any midi channels it will loop around and cause funny things to happen
persevere with cubase. It will be worth it.
Make sure your is and outs are right when using a soundcard or sound module, otherwise the Yamaha driver is ok to communicate.

Other than that build track by track in cubase with VST or Genos.

All the Best
John
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:46:25 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

The following users thanked this post: jugge