Author Topic: Registration Problem Again  (Read 32882 times)

Offline Bob88

Registration Problem Again
« on: August 04, 2019, 06:13:52 PM »
  I have a registration  that  causes the style to stop playing even though my left hand remains on the keyboard.   This occurs when I switch from one  bank to another.  This has happened before with another registration and I was advised by a poster who found that
the "fingered on bass" option was set on some of the reg banks and not others.   I checked with the latest problem registration and all banks are set to sustain on pedal one.   All my
hundreds of registration play without any  issue.  I have attached the reg in question .
I prefer to have the sync stop button lit as  it  is convenient to  lift my left hand when a break in the song is required.  There should be no break if I do not remove my hand from the keboard.  I cannot figure why this issue happens when the same settings in other registrations play properly.  Bob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration Problem Again
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:45:45 PM »
  I have a registration  that  causes the style to stop playing even though my left hand remains on the keyboard.   This occurs when I switch from one  bank to another.  This has happened before with another registration and I was advised by a poster who found that
the "fingered on bass" option was set on some of the reg banks and not others.   I checked with the latest problem registration and all banks are set to sustain on pedal one.   All my
hundreds of registration play without any  issue.  I have attached the reg in question .
I prefer to have the sync stop button lit as  it  is convenient to  lift my left hand when a break in the song is required.  There should be no break if I do not remove my hand from the keboard.  I cannot figure why this issue happens when the same settings in other registrations play properly.  Bob

I don't know what checking for "sustain on pedal one" has to do with your Fingering settings.

In checking your registration, it looks to me like your Fingering settings are the issue.

R1: Fingering: Fingered, Style: Avalon
R2: Fingering: AI Fingered, Style: Avalon
R4: Fingering: Fingered, Style: Avalon
R5: Fingering: AI Fingered, Style: Happy Talk
R10: Fingering: Fingered, Style: Avalon

I would ensure your Fingering settings are the same across all registraitons in this bank. I'd also ensure you have the right style memorized in R5.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bob88

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 11:02:59 PM »
 Thank you Fred.  I will change them all  to one fingering type. Somehow I mistakenly thought  there was a pedal issue.  Regards, Bob

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 12:27:39 AM »
As I told you the last time you asked about this issue, your problem is caused by changing the fingering type with SYNC STOP turned on.

Whether you change the fingering type manually or by a registration, if SYNC STOP is on, it always stops the style, even if you continue to hold down the keys for the chord.  This also happens on my Tyros4 so it is not new to Genos.

If you briefly release the chord keys and press again, the style will restart from the beginning of the pattern for the currently selected variation, but now using the new fingering type.  Of course this will most likely produce a slight 'glitch' in the sound which may or may not be acceptable to you.

The simplest solution would seem to be either don't change the fingering type within a registration bank, or turn off SYNC STOP.

If you have other registration banks that don't give this problem when used with SYNC STOP turned on, presumably they don't change the fingering type during style play.  Why not post a registration bank that does work OK with SYNC STOP on and we will check it to see if it uses the same fingering type in each button.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 12:30:57 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 02:55:46 AM »
  Problem resolved. Registration attached has identical  fingering for each of the lit registration buttons.

[attachment deleted by admin]