Author Topic: Some SX900/700 Questions  (Read 19403 times)

beykock

Some SX900/700 Questions
« on: July 28, 2019, 08:42:09 AM »
Hi :

A few SX serie questions.

01. What about audio styles ?
02. What about audio BT applications ?
03. How to control the external/optional woofer ?
04. USB Hub still usable ?
05. What about registrations ?
06. VH2 for SX 900. 
      What about the SX 700 ( mic input + extra's ) ?

Thank you for your reply !☝

Best regards, Babette
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:54:41 AM by beykock »

Offline Danny1972

Re: Some SX900/700 Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 10:52:33 AM »
Hi :

A few SX serie questions.

01. What about audio styles ?
02. What about audio BT applications ?
03. How to control the external/optional woofer ?
04. USB Hub still usable ?
05. What about registrations ?
06. VH2 for SX 900. 
      What about the SX 700 ( mic input + extra's ) ?

Thank you for your reply !☝

Best regards, Babette

Just wanted to add to the questions also:

1. Does it have vocal sounds (oohs aahs etc...that are found from the T4 onwards?
2. Are they incorporated into some of the styles as per T4 onward..
3. Will it be compatible with previous expansion packs or will the method change again?
4. Does it have an SD slot?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 11:11:03 AM »
I really do not understand why all these question are being asked when if true the keyboard will not be on sale until October.  Then you can pull it to pieces for what it dose or dose not have on it.

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 11:33:56 AM »
I really do not understand why all these question are being asked when if true the keyboard will not be on sale until October.  Then you can pull it to pieces for what it dose or dose not have on it.

Perhaps someone out there may know? Or maybe we can start more rumors? Or maybe people just ask questions because that what forums are designed to be used for!??

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »
Yes but most questions are asked when someone has the keyboard and can give correct answers.
  What is gained by guessing.

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 11:45:34 AM »
Yes but most questions are asked when someone has the keyboard and can give correct answers.
  What is gained by guessing.

That's a fair point and you're right of course. I suppose questions are asked because of the anticipation for the keyboard.

OK though whilst we are here, this should be a question that's hopefully a bit more reasonable. Do you know if the specs of the keyboard including sounds and style lists are released before the keyboard goes on sale or just after? Or when Yamaha officially announce the keyboard?

beykock

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 01:13:02 PM »
Most of us are very interested in new Yamaha arranger keyboards.

If one is seriously interested it might be a natural reaction questions are arising even when the product is not available in the music shops yet, I guess.🔆

I understand not all questions can be answered yet.
But some can, who knows.😁

BTW, a famous English gentleman once said :
" There are no stupid questions." ☝
His name : B. Shaw.

Best wishes, Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 01:23:16 PM »
It is very true there are no stupid questions when asking about a problem with your keyboard and I will tell people so but they do have something in front of them that can be related to.
  My point was how can you expect to get answers on questions about a product that has not been released yet.
  Spec's will usually be released around launch or just before.

The following users thanked this post: Danny1972

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 01:38:46 PM »

Spec's will usually be released around launch or just before.

Fantastic, thank you Eileen.

Offline panos

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 02:24:24 PM »
Danster, all we saw were just 4 pictures and we don't know if they are true or not.
With photoshop those pictures can be made in an hour.
That is why Eilleen find it kind of strange to ask questions about something that no one saw.
But to answer your questions of what I think,is that the new psr probably won't have any human voices as your Tyros.

I think the expansion packs you have bough with your account in Yamaha music soft, when you upgrade they give you the packs you have previously purchased for yourT4 for free,if I am not mistaken if they are compatible with your new model.
Of course packs that are compatible just with just Tyros and Genos won't work on a Psr.(e.g. human voices)

As for SD you mean the extra disc the Tyros 4 has for the packs?
Psr models don't need such disk for the packs.They just use the internal memory which is limited.

Babbete, the psr is a keyboard for playing styles.It is already cost to much the development of the styles and the sounds.
I know that cheaper keyboards give some extra of the stuff you mention but their sound is.....well.....how can I say it politely....back to the 90's.
Some they like their sound I don't have a doubt about it.
Some they also like a new song that is identical to thousands of other songs.
I have no doubt about it also :)   

I don't know if by putting little of this and little of that on an arranger you will end up with something really expensive with few buyers.

I cannot understand what kind of setup will be,on board speakers with a.... woofer???
Will the woofer facing the keyboardist too as the speakers?

I saw 8 registrations in the photos.
10 registrations will cost more I guess.
Take a look at youtube and tell me how many regs people are usually using?
When you see someone to use 8 regs please tell me to subscribe to his channel :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:28:07 PM by panos »

beykock

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 02:39:26 PM »
Yamaha have not said one single word about the new
SX-900/700 serie yet.

All present SX information came from a US dealer and an Asian ( ? ) keyboard teacher.
Even SX photos and videos were shown on the internet.

Up to now all Yamaha dealers and Yamaha personnel were not allowed to give any information due to the NDA.

Apparently this policy might have been changed recently ?

Hopefully Yamaha are announcing the new product and its specs asap.

If we may expect the arrival of the new XS-serie in October 2019, shipping  ( by vessel ) from Asia to the UK, US, Canada and Europe will be effective shortly, right ?

Average lead time : approx. 3 months after shipment.

Babette

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:51:24 PM by beykock »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »
Perhaps someone out there may know? Or maybe we can start more rumors? Or maybe people just ask questions because that what forums are designed to be used for!??

Why bother! We will have the official info soon directly from Yamaha.

BTW... this forum is not intended for BS... it's to share our knowledge and help each other learn more on how to use the arranger keyboard.

::)

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:37:50 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

beykock

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 03:31:19 PM »
Hi Panos :

Thank you for your answers. Very much appreciated.😸

We have been told the new SX-serie has a separate woofer input. We need the Yamaha manual to see how connection and control are working and which woofer is usable.

IMHO the manual is ready and can be shown on the internet.

Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 03:44:16 PM »
Where have you seen it needs a woofer. It supposedly has much improved internal speakers. No mention of a woofer.

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 04:10:35 PM »
Where have you seen it needs a woofer. It supposedly has much improved internal speakers. No mention of a woofer.

I think from what I understand it has the option to output also to a woofer, although it isn't required, it's merely an additional extra... Although again, it's still speculation. I think it was mentioned in Jeremy See's video.

Offline pontuseuxinus

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2019, 06:43:03 PM »
Why bother! We will have the official info soon directly from Yamaha.

BTW... this forum is not intended for BS... it's to share our knowledge and help each other learn more on how to use the arranger keyboard.

::)

Joe H

I believe the forum description needs updated then - it currently reads "This board is for rumors, speculation, even wish-lists, concerning upcoming Yamaha keyboards."

I personally think Yamaha appreciates building the excitement, most companies put huge efforts and investments to get people talking - but I understand if members here don't want that. At the same time I see how some may get confused by the above description.  :)
Montage, Komplete Kontrol, Maschine Studio, S770, Microfreak, MPC, Reface CS, X-Touch, FCB1010

Offline Joe H

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »
I personally think Yamaha appreciates building the excitement, most companies put huge efforts and investments to get people talking - but I understand if members here don't want that. At the same time I see how some may get confused by the above description.  :)

Personally I think Yamaha's marketing strategy is terrible.  They completely screwed up on marketing the Genos... it was stupid, childish and misleading, even though it generated a lot of hot air on this forum.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline panos

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2019, 08:54:11 PM »
Hi pontuseuxinus, it isn't that people on this forum don't want to discuss.We are normal people(or so we think ;D) is just that we don't know much about the next psr yet and if those rumours are true.

Physicists are discussing about black holes for many decades but never saw one.
But yet their maths tell them that they exist.

So I guess we need to "hear" first and then see a keyboard to discuss more about it.
Certainly if this is the next psr, I think it is a really nice one(and beautiful  :)) and of course it could have a lot more functions,buttons,wherever anyone thinks it could have in order to be better etc etc etc.

As for a woofer, if someone likes the bass sounds so much I will give him my s750 or he can search for an s950.
Those who have one of these two models I believe they know what I mean  ;D

Offline Toril S

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »
We just like to sit around the fire, speculate and have a good time😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline ton37

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2019, 09:27:57 PM »
;-))

[attachment deleted by admin]
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Toril S

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2019, 10:10:04 PM »
LOL😀😀😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline pontuseuxinus

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 10:27:19 PM »
 I personally don't mind trying to sneak peek into the unknown - and I positively love to talk about black holes - but I do make an effort to keep my expectations low, and I usually can tell when rumors go a bit too far. I do understand the concern that random visitors could peak these up in a search engine, and read these thinking we know what we are talking about - which in my case it's almost always out of the question ;D.

But there can be value in these discussions as they may sometimes provide product designers with some clues of people's expectations and where things are trending for future products. I know they listen.

I was particularly impressed with the way Yamaha synth division is reaching to their users - I had the opportunity to talk to their product designers in two separate occasions, which I found really exceptional. Do I expect my thoughts to go straight into the product? No, but it may affect how a certain detail will be implemented in the future to make things users like me want, easier to do.
Montage, Komplete Kontrol, Maschine Studio, S770, Microfreak, MPC, Reface CS, X-Touch, FCB1010

Offline Joe H

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 11:01:45 PM »
I think it's time for some popcorn!

;D

Joe H

Offline Toril S

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 11:07:26 PM »
Popcorn on the house😀😀😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2019, 11:31:35 PM »
When you see someone to use 8 regs please tell me to subscribe to his channel :)

We used 8 registrations all the time until the Genos came along. And if you needed more, you just chained them. Piece of cake.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline panos

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2019, 12:11:40 AM »
Will you impovise a melody also Toril, or we can hear the old time Classic popcorn theme?   :D

There has been a lot of discussion about functions and wish lists lately on the forum when the new update of the Genos was about to be released.
I tend to believe that people expect more things when the arranger is the top of it's kind and expect lesser things with the psr S series.
I guess the psr S buyers keep in mind how much a psr S costs and what it can do(and most importantly how it sounds) compare to a Genos or a Tyros 5 or any other keyboard on the market.
So I think they don't expect too many new things all at once with a new model.
If they can afford to buy a tyros 5 or a Genos they will buy one for the better sound and all the extras those two models can provide.

If this is the new psr S, then we are talking about an improvement that wasn't expected if we consider the fact that it's appearance is much closer to a Genos than the "Classic" psr S we used to see all those years. 

ps
I know what you mean Fred, but do you see a lot of people using all the 8 or 10 regs so often?
Sometimes a reg may not needed at all, when the style parts cover all the parts of a song.
But as I can see in the pictures they kept the Reg where it should be.At the centre :)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 02:54:06 PM »
Now we have I think more reliable pictures you will see the registration banks are to the right of the screen. It is Genos that has them in the middle.

Offline panos

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »
Yes you are right Eileen.
Just looked the pictures again.The position of the Reg buttons is the same as on the other Psr S.
In front of the right hand.
Not to the Centre as the Genos and not to the right as the Tyros.
Well it's ok.
I would prefer to the centre with as much as possible empty spaces in the first row,so the OTS will not be so far right.
As for the multipad buttons,the position above the style buttons like on Tyros would seem a more convenient position to my eyes, for an easy access.
You know....press the next main and at the same time with another finger (or almost immediately with the same finger) you can press the pad button.
Just my opinion,but in both the Tyros and Genos the buttons don't look so convinient as on Psr S.
I'am talking about several really quick changes before the fill in ends it's one bar.
Empty bars in keyboard playing when the melody suppose to have it's climax so you can have the time to press the appropriate buttons is just killing me :) 

Offline Enildo

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 09:39:11 PM »
Hello

01. I hope the sx900 display shows that Vocal Hamorny is on and off.
02. I also hope that the "Assignable" buttons can be saved in the memory registers.
03. I hope the "Pitch Detect" function can be linked to the VH and not to the EQ / CMP Setting microphone.

Enildo
When word fail, Music speaks!

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2019, 01:11:57 AM »
Hi,
too much hype though, and wrong information, may leave potential buyers disappointed. For me, I find it better not to expect too much, and then be very content when it turns out to be be better than I expected.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022