Author Topic: Preparation for Update V1.40  (Read 4928 times)

Murat

Preparation for Update V1.40
« on: July 27, 2019, 08:26:03 PM »
Hello all,
I would like to update my Genos to V1.40. What are the preparations I need to do before the update, i.e. save any registrations, save favourite styles, back up, or anything else?
Thank you,
Murat

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Preparation for Update V1.40
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 10:42:26 PM »
Hello all,
I would like to update my Genos to V1.40. What are the preparations I need to do before the update, i.e. save any registrations, save favourite styles, back up, or anything else?
Thank you,
Murat

I simply updated. Didn’t back up anything. Worked like a charm.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 10:54:55 PM »
The update will not alter anything you have your keyboard set up for. Just make sure you follow the update instructions to the letter.

Murat

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 09:12:34 AM »
Eileen, Fred, thank you.

For example, I have set a few registrations (i.e. the 10no buttons). Do I need to save these somewhere at all? 

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 12:25:30 PM »
Once you complete a registration Bank it is always advisable to save this to User and for double safety to a USB as Back up. I have created a folder called registrations on both my User and Backup USB. 

Murat

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 04:40:37 PM »
Thank you Eileen.

Could you please tell me where I can find detailed instructions to how I can save Registrations? I bought my Genos last Christmas after using Korg for many years so I am still trying to find my way around the wonderful Genos? There is probably a post detailing all this but I can't find it by using the search function on this site?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 04:54:17 PM »
To save a registration Bank on Genos when you have completed it to your liking. Press Regist at the top of the screen on the left. The screen will now go to USER At the top of the screen on the right Press FILE and select SAVE. Now select where you want to save it to User or USB then press SAVE HERE. You can now name your bank if you have not already. Then Just press OK.

Murat

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 01:30:11 PM »
Hello Eileen, please could you share the Yahama's official link for the detailed instructions for the update?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 03:28:13 PM »
Here you are
Required Items
One USB flash drive of over 500MB capacity formatted on the instrument.
Firmware Installation Procedure
Notice: Do not turn off the power of the instrument or remove the USB flash drive during this operation.

1) Download the firmware
 a) Download the Zip file to the computer.
 b) Connect the USB flash drive to your computer.
 c) Extract the *.prg file and copy it to the root directory of your USB flash drive.

2) Connect the USB flash drive to the instrument
Connect the USB flash drive containing the downloaded files to the USB TO DEVICE terminal of the instrument.
Notice: Make sure that the USB flash drive is properly connected to the terminal. Excessive force or incorrect insertion may damage the terminal.

3) Install the firmware
 a) While holding down the STYLE CONTROL [START/STOP] button on the panel, turn the power on.
 b) Follow the message appears on the screen.
 c) When firmware installation is complete, press the power button on the instrument to turn it off.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 12:35:55 PM »
Update 1.41 now out so I would do this one now.

Murat

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 05:23:04 PM »
Thank you, Eileen.