Author Topic: The compact version of Genos has appeared  (Read 23502 times)

ekurburski

Re: The compact version of Genos has appeared
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2019, 09:14:24 PM »
I need buttons!  My fat fingers do not do well on touch screens and like Toril I have very poor eyesight!

Offline reya

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2019, 06:45:07 AM »
Well, maybe that's the feedback Yamaha got after launching Genos... that quite a number of people actually need those physical buttons.

Maybe we 'll see them reintroduced on Genos 2.
Lets hope so for all of those people.

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline EileenL

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2019, 01:09:22 PM »
Don't forget with Genos you do have the voice guide application which tells you what you are touching on the screen and works very well.

Cheshire Chris

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2019, 10:07:59 PM »
Guys, please do not forget that visually impaired musicians would be lost without physical buttons. An arranger which relies too much on a touchscreen is wasted for visually impaired musicians. Besides, many of these persons are musicians because this is the one activity where they can shine and where their handicap won’t hinder them too much.  :o

I’m a little puzzled as to how having voice category selection buttons will aid visually impaired users, given that it will still be necessary to use the touchscreen to select the actual voice.

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2019, 12:14:07 AM »
Whether the SX 900 is a supped-up S975 or a baby Genos, it doesn’t matter to me.  I ordered it yesterday with no regrets.  Keeping the S975 as a backup.  Traded a PA 1000 that I never liked, nor could learn the operating system.  Happy to be stuck with Yamaha.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Pino

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2019, 04:00:08 AM »
On my Ketron SD40 touch screen the instrument icons are 10 times bigger than any button on the keyboard,  has a photo of the instrument.
The SX has the same screen layout. +++
Pino
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:04:46 AM by Pino »

Offline voodoo

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2019, 10:37:56 AM »
Traded a PA 1000 that I never liked, nor could learn the operating system.  Happy to be stuck with Yamaha.

Hey,

this is very interesting. I think that the PA1000 has its strengths as well, for example chord sequencer. ;) Can you say, what you didn't like about it?

Uli

P.S.: I tested PA900 and PSR-S950, and decided for PSR. Possibly for the same reasons as you. ;)
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2019, 02:57:37 AM »
Voodoo:
I probably didn’t give the PA 1000 enough time.  I liked the overall sound, many of the styles and voices.  I thought the build was somewhat better than the S975, as well as the keybed.  However, as a long time Yamaha owner, I prefer the way Yamaha does things.  I just prefer the Yamaha sound, especially on particular instrument voices.  With the Korg, I constantly struggled with trying to recall where everything was and how to get there----how to store, save, edit, EQ, adjust parameters, vocal harmonizer, and all the rest.  Spent more time on that than playing music.  It just wasn’t a good fit.  Looking forward to the SX 900.

The following users thanked this post: voodoo

Offline valimaties

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2019, 07:45:17 PM »
Chord Looper and Revo Drums appeared in CVP 800, too...  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnNz81hQi48

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2019, 10:07:22 AM »
The shortened version of Genos has appeared.
Yamaha PSR-SX900 (It is a compact version of Genos but possesses more advanced features than Genos such as Bluetooth, Loop Chord ...)

- Touch screen, interface like genos. (smaller size)
- Two front USB ports
- 3 voices for the right hand
- Loop chord mode (Same as previous korg)
- No after touch
- Keyboard type is still light and shallow like S975 with 61 keys
- There is DEC - INC button under the data wheel
- 1400 Voices, 500 Styles.
- 1Gb memory Sample
- Bluetooth Audio
- 15W + 10W x2 Amps
- Sub Woofer Output
- 4Gb memory User
- Weight 11.5Kg (25 lbs)
- Price about $2100 USD

,m using psr s 950 it's good one.. after coming new psr s 975. I didn't purchased because in that same old rubber buttons used.. after long time Yamaha announced sx900 model.. it's good one. As I checked vedio.. only cost is so high. So i wrote.. about reducing cost it needed..touch screen is costlier.. so in psr 3000 buttons are plastic and it was good one I used long time..So we need reasonable cost this is my intention... If genos is good not all can purchase it because of cost price.. same case in sx900.... It's my request to Yamaha co....  Clifford Leo dsouz
cliffordleo