Author Topic: Can we expect discounts for current PSR-S keyboards?  (Read 20105 times)

3dc

Can we expect discounts for current PSR-S keyboards?
« on: July 26, 2019, 07:48:25 PM »
Since the new PSR-SX models are just around the corner I wonder if Yamaha is in habit to offer discounts for current (PSR-S) models before (or after) it introduces new models? I could use a good deal on new PSR-S775  :P

The following users thanked this post: cliffordleo1965

Offline Toril S

Re: Can we expect discounts for current PSR-S keyboards?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »
I think they will go down a little in price, but not drastically. But one never knows :) We can always hope...
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

beykock

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 09:16:40 PM »
Maybe it might be interesting to look for a nice second hand S770 or S970 ?

Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 07:03:35 PM »
Most dealers I know try to run there stocks right down when a new model is coming out.

Offline andyg

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »
You'll find a few good deals from the dealers, who obviously won't want to be stuck with older models. You may also get good deals from larger dealers who will routinely buy up all of a manufacturer's stock of a soon to be discontinued model at bargain bulk prices. They'll then pass those discounts on - well, usually!

I'd usually say that with the launch of every new model, the value of used models drops a little. However, when I've been looking around for some good bargains in the PSR-S9xx series recently, I've been surprised to see just how well the used prices for private sales have been holding up - or even increasing. That's for the UK, I can't speak for other countries.

And the PSR-SX is still speculation, as far as I can tell.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline valio7771

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 01:10:46 PM »
I see no significant reason why any portable low to mid-range plastic keyboard could hold it's value for more than 1 year before it's price start to go down exponentially with time, until the components that is made from, will cost more than the whole keyboard.
The patient you are, the cheaper you'll get it for, no doubt in that.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 02:27:01 PM »
Prices are dropping in the UK; S975 is being offered under £1100 at AC Hamilton today.
Genos

3dc

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 03:31:33 PM »
I narrowed down my purchase interest to Yamaha PSR-S670 and DGX 660 but those two hold their price like there is no tomorrow.  ::)
Quite strange since both models are from 2015 and 2016. Any idea if replacement is near? I would really hate to see a replacement right after I purchase one of those music beauties.  :P

Offline ton37

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 04:56:03 PM »
For sure, how much is locally very different in price-drops. But if you have patient, you can get a PSR S for a very good (=lower) price, when the SX is on the market. Many hundreds ( if you are in for a second hand market) in less than a few months after the SX-appearance will not be a fairytale ;-)) Happy hunting!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 06:12:11 PM by ton37 »
My best regards,
Ton

ekurburski

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 06:34:29 PM »
psr s975 discounted at Swetwater $1695.00

Offline Toril S

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 08:44:39 PM »
I don't think it Will happen in Norway. When I purchased my S970 two years ago, I had to pay MORE then when it came out. It was a two years old product, but that didn't help. Here it is not usual for music stores to take back used keyboards, but they made an exception with the T5 that I got hold of in December. They did not give me any warranty on it though, but I felt safer anyway buying it from the store. If it fails on me I can go back and talk them into repairing it for me :) I will never sell my S975.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline pjd

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2019, 09:17:31 PM »
Thanks, Toril. Your message shows how local markets can vary.

As momma says, "You better shop around."  :)

-- pj

Offline cliffordleo1965

• cliff psr s 950, 975, SX 900
  • Assoc. Member
  • Yamaha is the best
    • cliffordleo
Without touch screen same sx900 yamaha model it's best for user.. we used many models so we can use without touch screen with lower cost. Priced.. one.. it's a great exceptation from Yamaha co...
cliffordleo

Offline Robert van Weersch

Without touch screen same sx900 yamaha model it's best for user.. we used many models so we can use without touch screen with lower cost. Priced.. one.. it's a great exceptation from Yamaha co...
Quite off-topic and a cross-post, but ok...
Touch screen interfaces are actually cheaper to implement than dedicated buttons and dials: less wiring, less assembling, less hardware etc. Yamaha uses cheap resistive touchscreens (unfortunately...). The resistive touch-layer on a display that size, literally costs less than $5.
So omitting the touch screen won't result in a cheaper model.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)