Author Topic: Genos Split G2 to G1  (Read 5005 times)

Demile

Genos Split G2 to G1
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:42:32 AM »
Some advice on Genos Kb setting please.
I have quite a few hundred registration in a variety of sets.
My Left and Style split is at G2 and since most of my chording is 2nd inversion, I never use keys below F#1. This to me is a waste so I've taken one registration set and moved the split down an Octave. I then reset the voicing accordingly.

Having saved the move and done a test, everything works as intended but, only for that registration and I find that further modifications to the remainder of the nine positions don't revert to my sample.

Question, So how might I apply this new split to all the rest of my programmes in bulk without the arduous button pressing ?

I'm not quite certain whether the "Freeze" or "Param Lock" facility could be brought into operation and even if so, it would remain a heck of a task.

Looking forward to all the gurus advice.        My kind regards    Derek Miles.

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Genos Split G2 to G1
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »
Hi Derek,

You could use Murray Best's 'Yamaha Registration Manager' program for PC to modify all of your registrations in batch mode.

https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

However, it would be much simpler to set the split points manually, then lock them from being changed by registrations using Parameter Lock.

I don't know why you think that this would be "a heck of a task" since it is very easy to do!

On Genos, once the split points are set as you want them, press MENU (open MENU 2) > touch Utility > Parameter Lock.

Touch the box next to Split Point to check it and then exit from the display.  Your Split points will no longer be changed by registrations that contain split point settings.  You don't need to modify any registrations, and you don't have to do anything to effect this each time that you turn on the keyboard.

This setting will remain in place, even through power off cycles, until you change it or carry out a system reset.

Try it to see if is achieves what you want.  It is much easier than modifying all your registrations, even using Murray's program.

Regards

Ian

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 11:18:57 AM »
Hello Derek,
  You can use parameter lock for this. Press Function and select parameter and now put a tick in split point. You will still have to adjust the voices used on the left though as they may sound to low.
  I personally find it more comfortable playing the G2 split though.

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 11:51:11 AM »
It is the way that we used to play the keyboard , Eileen.
I am also used to play just the suitable inversions for all keys, so you need just one octave for this (From F to F#)
Except for some few chords that haven't got invertions.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 09:29:29 PM »
Yes it is true but with a 76 note keyboard I still prefer to play my chords where I used to on my Tyros5
and it is nice to be able to walk down the notes when using AI fingering for slash chords.