Author Topic: Changing sounds of an external keyboard  (Read 6646 times)

latingate

Changing sounds of an external keyboard
« on: July 28, 2019, 08:42:39 AM »
Hi,
Is it possible to change a sound of an external keyboard from the Genos? (of course they are connected through midi).
And a more general question - how can I send midi messages / CC / Program Changes from the Genos?
What I would like do it to to change the sound (or sounds with splits if possible) of an external keyboard automatically when a registration is changed (either by pressing the registration button or from the touch screen of the Genos).
Any thoughts how this can be done?
Thanks!

Pino

Re: Changing sounds of an external keyboard
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 09:36:21 AM »
🔺
I don’t know anything about splits, maybe you could send CCs on different channels and edit In your target keyboard.
I cannot help you much cos the permutations are big between two keyboards and some keyboards are a bit buggy as a far as MIDI is concerned, eg. Ketron

This is the way I change the voices on my module from my Yamaha S975
Match the ‘Transmit & Receive" channels,
Go to ‘song creator" and edit the patch and the channel there,
Go to your midi out and sort the channels out there and on the target keyboard.

Pino
🔺

[attachment deleted by admin]

latingate

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 10:52:00 AM »
Thanks Pino,

Sounds like a good idea..

So I have to create a "dummy" midi file for each registration and put there the midi messages that will be sent to the external keyboard, I will try that - I guess that's no problem.
But one thing - with this solution - I must manualy start the the midi file after I change the registration, no? I hoped there is a way that the voice changes in the external keyboards will be executed as soon as I change the registration. Is there a way to do it?

Regarding splits - I will check the midi messages of the other keyboard to see if it's possible to control them through midi.

Pino

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
🔺
No manual start, as soon as you press the registration button the midi out voices will change, try it out, save a different external voice on each registration.
Pino
🔺

latingate

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 12:25:34 PM »
🔺
No manual start, as soon as you press the registration button the midi out voices will change, try it out, save a different external voice on each registration.
Pino
🔺

WOW... so this will be great !!
I will try it in the evening..
Thanks a lot