Author Topic: Genos with Korg PA4x  (Read 133373 times)

Offline shadowhankron

Genos with Korg PA4x
« on: July 22, 2019, 11:19:48 AM »

Hi
Has anybody got a Genos Keyboard and  the Korg PA4x Keyboards and if so... have you played the Korg PA4x using the outputs into the Genos inputs to use Both Keyboards for Sound, as the sounds from PA4X could be recorded along with the Genos internal Audio Recorder.

Any help be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ronnie
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Offline robinez

Re: Genos with Korg PA4x
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 01:25:28 PM »
I have them both, and the method you described works fine, you can set the keyboard to play sounds from the pa4x and route the output of the pa4x to the input of the genos and record that in quick record mode along with the genos sounds.

Pino

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 01:41:00 PM »
Works well on the S970/S975 "Aux IN."

[attachment deleted by admin]

The following users thanked this post: shadowhankron

Offline marcodg

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 05:14:11 PM »
I have Both and i use the same cable as Pino.
You can use two cinch cable 6,3 mm for this to.
It s works fine
Regards
Yamaha Genos, Korg pa4x,  Korg EC5, Yamaha FC7, Yamaha FC4A,, Yamaha L-515 B, Sennheiser E845, Behringer Eurolive B208, JBL EON ONE, Yamaha GNS-01

The following users thanked this post: shadowhankron

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 07:07:06 PM »
  Thanks Robinez for your fast reply, I hoped that system would work.

regards
Ronnie
Genos 1 Keyboard / PSR S 970 /  Korg PA4X  keyboard /  Yamaha HS 7 Studio Monitors  / Motif Rack XS /
Roland Integra 7 /,Fender  Strat & Telecaster & Burns Marvin White Guitar, Tascam DP 32 track Recorder.

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 07:08:44 PM »
Hi

Pino and Marcodg, what name are on this cable brand , and are they good quality in use. Why are there only 3 Connectors on cable

Thanks for help

Ronnie
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 07:09:51 PM by shadowhankron »

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 09:47:10 AM »

Hi Marcodg,    many thanks for that set of links for connectors

regards

Ronnie

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 09:52:16 AM »

Hi Robinez

You mention the  KorgPA4x  connectors from Outout into the Genos Input works great using the Sounds, another thought can I still Play the Styles and Sounds from Korg PA4X using this same connection.

As I like to be able Play Genos Styles, then if required Play the Korg PA4X Styles,,  in other the Best of Both Worlds.

thanks again Robinez for your help

Ronnie

Offline robinez

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 10:26:43 AM »
Hi Robinez

You mention the  KorgPA4x  connectors from Outout into the Genos Input works great using the Sounds, another thought can I still Play the Styles and Sounds from Korg PA4X using this same connection.

As I like to be able Play Genos Styles, then if required Play the Korg PA4X Styles,,  in other the Best of Both Worlds.

thanks again Robinez for your help

Ronnie
yes that works too, if you play on the korg pa4x then all sounds are routed through the inputs of the genos.

Offline shadowhankron

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 03:38:45 PM »
Hi robinez

Thats great to know it plays whatever I play on PA4X into the Genos inputs,

Looking through the Genos Manual I cannot see or read where the control volume is located to increase or decrease the sound from Korg PA4X..

Hopefully  robinez this is my last question to you.

regards

Ronnie