Author Topic: TYROS 4 loading an MP3  (Read 33684 times)

lencrawley@hotmail.com

TYROS 4 loading an MP3
« on: July 21, 2019, 04:27:42 PM »
I am having a problem loading an MP3 from my USB stick..also existing ones wont display from my hard drive does anyone have any ideas as to why they wont display
I am talking about pre recorded MP3S as I want to load them onto my Tyros media player playlist
Any help will be most welcome
thanks
Len 

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: TYROS 4 loading an MP3
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »
Hi Len,

Are you pressing the AUDIO RECORDER/PLAYER [SELECT] button enough times to open the screen headed 'AUDIO (SIMPLE)' ?

You can't load MP3s (or .WAVs) from the 'AUDIO (MULTI)' display.  You say that you can't even see existing files on your hard drive.  If you have played these in the past on the keyboard, they must be in the correct format, so I suspect that your problem may be that you are opening the wrong selection screen to load them.

However, if you are opening the correct screen, then it should list any .WAV or .MP3 files in the currently selected drive/folder.

If you know that there are files which are not being displayed, then this could be due to the length of the filename.  This must be no more than 50 characters including the final extension ('.MP3'). So check the length of any files that aren't being displayed on your computer and shorten them if they are too long.

In addition, the keyboard will not play files that are 'protected' with DRM (Digital Rights Management) which some commercial prerecorded ones are, so is it possible that this is the problem?

The keyboard does not check the data format of files that it lists. At this stage it only checks for a relevant extension and name length, so files that are in the wrong format will be listed.  However if you select one of these to load, the keyboard will display an error message.

In the case of DRM protected files, I'm not sure if it checks for this before listing, or again, only once you select one to load.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Mikk

lencrawley@hotmail.com

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:37:55 AM »
Thanks Ian for then info will check all those possibilities out
regards Len

lencrawley@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 07:11:16 AM »
Hi Ian yes that worked OK...many thanks for your help