Author Topic: GENOS SOUND PROBLEM - please help!  (Read 11786 times)

RaduRodideal

GENOS SOUND PROBLEM - please help!
« on: July 19, 2019, 11:16:37 AM »
Hello guys!
I have a major problem with sound.
The C5 and C6 keys (and a little the keys around them) sound good when voices are played solo, but when ACOMPANIAMENT is turned on and lower 3 is pressed, they sound strange, like out of tune and with chorus.
I have made a little video and post it to you yt: https://youtu.be/YCl3KyjmBk8
Please, do you have any ideea what can be causing this???

Offline soryt

Re: GENOS SOUND PROBLEM - please help!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »
I have the same with some registrations since the 1.4 "update" , after selecting the voice again it disapears .

:(
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Misu

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 11:42:09 AM »
Hi Radu,
On the Yamaha happen to me on S970 and I think that the number of polyphony was over the limits
In your case Genos you have max 128 for preset voices, try to put on mute few track's of the accompaniment and and keep on L3.
128 its very easy to obtain if each voice are 24 layers x 3 = 72 polyphony only for the right hand without any accompaniment. 
On Korg PA1000 happen a similar situation but for some interference between right hand and a specific track on style frequency, where I was oblige to change the voice of that track to solve.
This was my experience and my personal point of view.
Success!
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

RaduRodideal

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 11:46:48 AM »
Ok guys, thanks!
I'll try what you said!
This is really allarming for me. Never had this problem ever!!!

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 02:02:08 PM »
This seems to be a major flaw. Does it happen always? Can you describe the setup  when it happens? Then we can try this it home.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »
Hi

These things are greatly annoying when things happen like your video shows.
I can sympathize with your problem.
I do not have this problem even after the latest update .
I think it is a job for Yamaha to sort through your dealer.

All the Best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 02:54:55 PM »
I would check what DSP settings you are using also is there any after touch on there. Try doing a soft re-set.

RaduRodideal

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 03:23:44 PM »
People... I feel really embaresed now! :o
I got really panicked, because I knew a problem like that can generally mean a sound board issue - the beginning of the end for that keyboard...
I tryed everything, factory restoring, all the possible sound settings, etc.
Then I got the ideea to listen through headphones, and sudenlly the problem was gone. I thought it had something to do with the main outs, tried the other outports.... then it sudenlly hit me: the mic was on. It was feedback!  :o :o :o Something in the acomp frequencies triggered it. Turned mic off, everything back to normal. That was all!
I know...embaressing. Had a good laugh after.

Sorry. Thank you all for your implication!

Moral: sometimes things are so simple that we can't help looking at them from a complicated perspective!

Should I delete the thread?

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 04:12:10 PM »
Hi
That is part of us being Human :P
"We never see things staring at us in our face"!! ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 08:04:57 PM »
Good for you, RaduRoideal. I'd say leave this thread up because it is of great value to all of us. There's not one member here who has been faced with what seemed like a product failure or defect, only to discover it was user error.

You just helped a lot of people. Leave the thread here, if you please. Everyone agreed?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 08:48:48 PM »
No reason to take the thread down. Problem encountered, problem solved. Everyone can learn fro someone else's experiences. :)

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

RaduRodideal

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 10:56:32 PM »
Ok, I will leave the thread (and the yt video) and not delete it.
The tittle seems suggestive enough that if someone is to encounter the same problem to be tempted to open it.

Funny thing, if any other type of mic feedback would have occurred, I would of sensed it immediately, but it sounded exactly like something I have seen many times on the internet: Korg keyboard loaded with faulty samples that at one moment begins to break. When the sound board is ruined this is exactly the sound the keyboard makes, and a few restarts later all sounds will sound the same (like a blank linear sample, de-tuned and with lots of chorus)

Thank God it wasn't the case. I just bought the keyboard a week ago. Imagine :)))

Again, I thank all of you for stepping in and giving me advice!

Offline elad770

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 04:14:33 AM »

Should I delete the thread?

You should not delete this thread. I opened a few threads with issues that i thought to be major and ended up being a silly fix

This is the purpose of this forum and you can see but the number of responses you got that people are really nice and supportive.

Some members here are really Professional and knows there stuff very well, but it doesn't mean that they don't appreciate trying to solve small problems that other members experience

Every Topic is a good topic because you choose it!

In addition, this helps building resources for others to look and search within the forum if they experience the same problem

Keep up the good work