Author Topic: A really big thank you!  (Read 2636 times)

Offline bryan01

A really big thank you!
« on: July 17, 2019, 07:21:22 PM »
Hi everyone, I just wanted to post a really big, (massive), thank you to everyone who I have read posts from on the topics concerning the Genos.
Because of you I have traded my Tyros 5 in today at A & C Hamiltons in Preston. Thanks for giving me the confidence to do it.
Thanks for all the advice, discussions and sometimes heated debates.
Thanks for the information regarding updates of the operating system to 1.4
Long may you carry on with all that you do.
Lots of things go way over my head but usually different questions bring different slants on the topic and clear it a little more.
Thank you everybody!
Bryan
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:25:11 PM by bryan01 »
Playing the best I can. For as long as I last.
I am blessed with a Yamaha CVP 809,
a Yamaha Genos2,
a lovely wife and
two Yorkshire Terriers.

Re: A really big thank you!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 09:12:00 PM »
Bryan01, a big, "You're welcome" from everyone, I'm sure!

Despite the sometimes heated debates, slanted attitudes, and off-topic drifting, we are one big Genos family with the common goal of getting the most out of our respective instruments. I wager that if we were all able to meet in one giant room, there would be plenty of handshakes and hugs.

At the end of the day, we're all on the same team. Stay well, my friend :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Tyros5Mad

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 12:02:34 AM »
I have said this before:

I love this forum, easily the best Yamaha arranger forum on the net. I enjoy reading the posts and listening to the music contributions. Thankfully, there are hardly ever nasty posts.

Thank you all,
Richard

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 01:23:03 AM »
And don't forget - hats off to the moderators and developers that keep things alive among all the rumblings :)!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: pmahl

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 02:41:57 PM »
Hi Bryan,
  You will be very pleased with your Genos. A C Hamilton are a very nice company and I am sure will give you a lot of help if you need it. Don't forget the free downloads for Genos on the Yamaha site. Maybe Hamilton's will do that for you.

Offline bryan01

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »
Hi Eileen,
Yes, Hamiltons are very helpful. I had my Tyros 5 from there ages ago. I downloaded and installed the Church and Christmas pack from Yamaha as my freebie.
And you are very right, I love the Genos.
Once again, many thanks for all of the work that you and your colleagues do on this site. Not forgetting the contributions made by the members. Great community.
Bryan
Playing the best I can. For as long as I last.
I am blessed with a Yamaha CVP 809,
a Yamaha Genos2,
a lovely wife and
two Yorkshire Terriers.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966