Author Topic: Music stand brackets  (Read 78252 times)

Offline dawn68

Music stand brackets
« on: July 17, 2019, 06:26:12 PM »
Not sure if there has been a post on this subject  but as with Tyros are there any brackets for Genos that will bring the music stand just that little bit nearer hence the sheet music making it easier to read & does anyone know if the brackets for Tyros will fit the Genos.

Re: Music stand brackets
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 01:35:36 AM »
Hi dawn68,

I just started using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A to replace all my PDF paper scores. The days of paper scores are becoming less for a lot of musicians. I also ordered an extension holder for my Samsung Galaxy Tab A that brings the scores close to my right side so I can easily read them. In other words, I got sick and tired of paper scores, a heavy steel music stand, and outdoor shows where the scores needed to be held down with no less than three or four clips! I would seriously investigate an electronic solution and forget paper scores.

This works for home players, as well as, gigging musicians.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline dawn68

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 09:09:47 AM »
Thanks Lee I have used a 19" tablet for years & love it, as you say no sheets to take with you, at the moment it is on the Genos music stand & it is fine & I use intermediate spectacles to read with but there are times when I feel it would be even easier if a few inches nearer to me. I use Power music to put my sheets onto the tablet & it displays two sheets comfortably & can display three & this is where it would be better a little closer as obviously it appears smaller. Thanks for your reply.

The following users thanked this post: penquin

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »
Hi dawn68,

Which tablet do you use? I've never heard of one 19 inches across. Is yours a tablet or laptop? Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »
Hi Lee
I've got a bigger one ;D
ANDROID!! :o :P :-[ :-\

I purchased a HP 21 inch Slate Android some time back with an Air-Turn
They do not make these anymore  and are only good for music sheets as it has a low spec.
I reckon some time later  i will go for a 12inch Samsung or equivilent at some stage.
A 13 inch ipad i would go for as there are a lot more things you can do with an ipad.

all the best
john
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »
The music stand brackets you refer to are no use on Genos as they will not fit right. You will find the knobs and Gateway buttons will be in the way.

The following users thanked this post: dawn68

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »
Agreed, Eileen. I customized my keyboard stand. Too long to explain here but I will post pictures. I'm waiting on an extension knuckle from Hercules.

Offline dawn68

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 09:10:24 PM »
Hi Lee, I have a Dell xps 18 4gig touchscreen bought it on eBay & running Windows 10 love it especially with power music & have blue tooth pedal to turn pages.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 12:44:38 PM »
Thanks Dawn68 :)

Offline rdiazhin

Current Keyboards: Yamaha Genos

The following users thanked this post: dawn68, StuartR

Offline dawn68

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 10:17:43 PM »
 These look super Rodrigo many thanks for posting & will look into it, a friend who is a welder made me something similar for the Tyros 5 my last keyboard & now I'm wondering if he could maybe alter them for the Genos, thanks once again.  :)

Offline StuartR

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 01:16:00 PM »
I just found this on ebay,  exactly what dawn68 is looking for.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Genos-Music-Stand-Extensions-Raises-2-inches-closer-1-4-inches-front/323866356523?hash=item4b67f06b2b:g:82AAAOSwjQVdNzbF&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId
I bought a set for both of my Genos keyboards. I can highly recommend them for anyone using the Genos music stands as they make a big difference in being able to see what's on the stand. This is especially true for those of us with age- related vision issues.

gdoakley@comcast.net

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 06:00:20 PM »
These extensions are what I was looking for. Is the ebay price of $37.00 for a pair? Thx

Offline elad770

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 04:19:29 AM »
The music stand brackets you refer to are no use on Genos as they will not fit right. You will find the knobs and Gateway buttons will be in the way.

EileenL,

Thank you so much for saying this! I was ready to stop commenting on this thread because i didn't want people to think i'm being negative G-d forbid about the price. Indeed, i do think that it is pricy but forget about the price. Did any of the users look at the pictures posted on eBay?

It's most definitely hindering the view of the screen and definitely obstruct the Live controls. I also thought the frontal picture that was the most important picture to see was a bit deceptive
I'll take my word back:.... It was not representing the actual viewing angle. It was taken at an angle where the screen and knobs are visible but that is not the actual view.
I will be very surprised if this thing doesn't block the view completely. If a happy customer can post a True viewing angle i will be happy to endorse with an apology!

In the meantime, this thread inspired me to do a little project and i will post my DIY bracket solution in the next week or two

Offline StuartR

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 05:21:27 AM »
EileenL,

Thank you so much for saying this! I was ready to stop commenting on this thread because i didn't want people to think i'm being negative G-d forbid about the price. Indeed, i do think that it is pricy but forget about the price. Did any of the users look at the pictures posted on eBay?

It's most definitely hindering the view of the screen and definitely obstruct the Live controls. I also thought the frontal picture that was the most important picture to see was a bit deceptive
I'll take my word back:.... It was not representing the actual viewing angle. It was taken at an angle where the screen and knobs are visible but that is not the actual view.
I will be very surprised if this thing doesn't block the view completely. If a happy customer can post a True viewing angle i will be happy to endorse with an apology!

In the meantime, this thread inspired me to do a little project and i will post my DIY bracket solution in the next week or two

I'm using the brackets sold on Ebay on two Genos keyboards and I can tell you that they don't block any buttons, knobs or the view of the screen.

Offline elad770

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 05:49:26 AM »
Great! Can you please post a picture, as you view it from your angle?

Place the camera next to your head facing diagonally downwards and post, please

Also, I see what you are saying. When i say blocking the knobs i'm not talking about the actual physical knobs. What i mean is that it is blocking the FUNCTIONALITY of using the nobs

How, are you asking? Well...... the LED screens that are supposed to provide you the display and indication to what the knobs are actually doing, this display is FOR SURE blocked

So yes, you are technically right, but what is the point of manipulating the knobs if you don't see the parameters they are affecting on? But again, a picture worth more than a thousand words! So, please... I look forward
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 06:03:07 AM by elad770 »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 05:07:27 PM »
Great! Can you please post a picture, as you view it from your angle?

Place the camera next to your head facing diagonally downwards and post, please

Also, I see what you are saying. When i say blocking the knobs i'm not talking about the actual physical knobs. What i mean is that it is blocking the FUNCTIONALITY of using the nobs

How, are you asking? Well...... the LED screens that are supposed to provide you the display and indication to what the knobs are actually doing, this display is FOR SURE blocked

So yes, you are technically right, but what is the point of manipulating the knobs if you don't see the parameters they are affecting on? But again, a picture worth more than a thousand words! So, please... I look forward

Since my word isn't good enough:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline elad770

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 10:26:20 PM »
Ok, I looked at the picture.
Firstly I must say that no body challenged your honestly
(" my word is not good enough ") and ultimately our discussion will help others make a wise decision.

To the matter: I think your angle is off but I must admit that it's
Not as bad as I thought and it doesn't block the view completely
Do I think it's usable? Umm..... Nop!
It definitely serves as an interruption rather than help.
And the shade darkens the entire panel... Definitely not for me
But I'm happy you find it useful.
I think this is designed for players who follow notes and don't refer much to the screen and the live controls. Tomorrow I will try to work on my own solution.  Wish me luck
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:08:58 AM by elad770 »

Antonio

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 04:35:32 PM »
Good product. Functional. Perhaps a little more robustness .......
In essence the product is valid.

Thank you and greetings.

Offline gskip

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 05:19:53 PM »
i still want to know: Is the price listed for a pair? The box listing the quantity ordered says 1. (one what? one pair?)

Thanks
Skip

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 05:32:57 PM »
i still want to know: Is the price listed for a pair? The box listing the quantity ordered says 1. (one what? one pair?)

Use the following link and scroll down the page to see product description...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Genos-Music-Stand-Extensions-Raises-2-inches-closer-1-4-inches-front/323866356523?hash=item4b67f06b2b:g:82AAAOSwjQVdNzbF

Regards

Ian

Offline gskip

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2019, 05:40:21 PM »
Thanks Ian! Didn't see that at first.

Antonio

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »

Offline gskip

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 01:25:18 PM »
Got ‘em, love ‘em!

Skip

Offline Toplayer2

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2019, 01:55:14 PM »
I am extremely happy with this product. I have the Genos perched atop a grand piano which makes it harder to see the iPad on the music rack. These extensions are a real help.

Joe
Yamaha Genos  |  Young Chang G-185 Grand  |  Hauptwerk / Paramount  |  Band-In-A-Box Audiophile Edition