Author Topic: psr 3000 slave midi setting  (Read 26529 times)

simondrake

psr 3000 slave midi setting
« on: July 13, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »
Dear friends, I hope my question is not too stupid, but I couldn't find any solution. I have an electric piano (dexibell p7) which supports direct midi over usb. I connect it to my psr3000 and they talk to each other. The problem is that by default all the psr settings are reproduced on my p7, and this is not what  I want. My aim is to control the styles of the psr playing chords on the p7, but playing the p7 sounds, not the psr's. I want to keep them on the Yamaha keyboard so that each keyboard play its tones. Doing so I can have for example my piano-strings on the p7 and an organ in upper 1 and a bass guitar in lower in the psr.
How do I set the midi pages on the psr?
If this can be done can I save a bank of registrations with one style and different sound combinations to be recalled by the p7? I mean I save a user preset on p7 (say a song title) and have the psr registration bank selected via midi?
I hope my question is clear thanks for any help. Simone

simondrake

Re: psr 3000 slave midi setting
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 06:37:09 AM »
I guess no one can help.

Just in case you should land on this post with some ideas please write it down I'll really appreciate it!

Good music guys

Simone

simondrake

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 09:43:47 AM »
Sorry to bother you all, above all now that the new arrangers are so exciting.

I'm still strugling to find out a solution to control my PSR 3000 via MIDI over usb. Do you know if I
Can trigger the styles only from my master, without playing the right 1and2 and the lower tones? Till now the only way to trigger the style from my master is to set the MIDI channel in receive on KEYBOARD. But with that i also play the PSR tones, which I don't want to. So i have to mute them and cannot play them on the keyboard. Seems so weird....

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 11:33:53 AM »
Hello simonedrake! I have a PSR 2100. The 3000 is an even better keyboard. Unfortunately I cannot answer your wuestion, but I am sure someone will soon! A little less activity here now due to summer vacation time😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Pino

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 04:06:37 PM »
Simone

You probably didn’t get any replies because your post is confusing.

In the first paragraph you want the P7 to be ‘Master’.(playing chords from my P7)

Second paragraph you want the PSR to be ‘Master’ by controlling everything from your registrations.

Describe your objectives again of exactly what you want to control.

Regards

Pino
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 04:07:45 PM by Pino »

simondrake

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 06:54:15 AM »
Thanks Pino and Toril,

Sorry for being not clear.

My first aim is to have P7 master and PSR slave. But I just want to control styles, so I change chord on P7 and the PSR does it. I achieved this by selecting "keyboard" in the MIDI channel on PSR.

Unfortunately now if I turn on right 1 or 2 or left in the PSR they are played by the P7. I don't want this, I'd like to play P7 sounds from its keyboard AND PSR sounds from its own.

I think this is due to the fact that "keyboard" gives total slaving of the PSR, which I don't want.

Can you help me with this? Don't mind about registrations for now, perhaps a second step.

Thank you all and enjoy your holidays

Pino

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 11:01:46 AM »
Ok Simone, now more do-able, you want the P7 as a ‘controller’,
I don’t know anything about the P7 but I think it should have a Midi Page where you can edit Midi channels etc.

Try this - -

1   P7, go to the Midi Page/ Transmit /  click on Cha 1, -
   turn everything off on the Midi Receive, -
   on the Midi Transmit Page only Check the "Notes"✅, CC/PC Off
   you may have to save these settings on the P7

2   PSR- Go to the Midi Page/ Receive/ click on Cha 1.
   turn everything off on the Midi Transmit, -
   you can save these settings to USER

Now it should send ‘note events’ only and nothing should come back to the P7 Midi-in

Using a controller keyboard is easy but more complicated when you want the P7 sounds to play with the PSR sounds,

If you want to set-up song registrations then -
REG 1 - save your style, Sync start and turn off the “Part Select” Left-R1-R2 and save it to REG 1, now your style should play on the PSR and the sound should play on the P7,
If you want the Left and R1 playing on the PSR then save it to REG 2
I cannot help you on how to turn the P7 sound off without being able to study that keyboard, there should be a ‘Blank’ sound preset somewhere.

If you play around with this set-up for a while then something should work.
If all is working then there is a way that the PSR can send back ‘patch’ changes to the P7 from your PSR registrations.
Then everything should be working the way you want it.

Regards

Pino
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:03:36 AM by Pino »

simondrake

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 12:50:32 PM »
Thanks Pino, your explanation is very clear. I'll try your suggestions as soon as I arrive home and let you know the results.

Let me again thank all of you forum members for your kindness.

Simone

simondrake

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 06:22:45 AM »
It worked partially. Unfortunately on p7 there are not the options you mention, but I worked on PSR and muting the parts and saving in registrations does the job. Thanks a lot again! Hugs from Italy and enjoy your holidays