Author Topic: Genos editing existing playlist  (Read 5478 times)

Wil5560

Genos editing existing playlist
« on: July 11, 2019, 02:38:21 PM »
Currently my playlists are already available by alphabet like all sorted by A-D, E-H, etc.
However even in the playlist section A-D, i have over 200 songs. And since it's not possible to search for a song in the playlist (or somebody has a solution for this?), i would like to create
smaller playlists like eg A-B, B-C etc.
I am however not sure how this editing and creation of smaller playlists (coming from larger ones), can be done?
And since playlists are basically references to existing registrations, what will happen to the connected registrations if the playlists are being edited and being reduced to smaller lists?
Or should one first start to sort the registrations in kind of A-B, B-C etc before creating new playlists?

Hope someone can help and provide some good ideas and instructions how to achieve this?
If somebody has found a way to search in playlists, then I would love to hear about that as well !

thanks again for all reactions

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Genos editing existing playlist
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »
Currently my playlists are already available by alphabet like all sorted by A-D, E-H, etc.
However even in the playlist section A-D, i have over 200 songs. And since it's not possible to search for a song in the playlist (or somebody has a solution for this?), i would like to create
smaller playlists like eg A-B, B-C etc.
I am however not sure how this editing and creation of smaller playlists (coming from larger ones), can be done?
And since playlists are basically references to existing registrations, what will happen to the connected registrations if the playlists are being edited and being reduced to smaller lists?
Or should one first start to sort the registrations in kind of A-B, B-C etc before creating new playlists?

Hope someone can help and provide some good ideas and instructions how to achieve this?
If somebody has found a way to search in playlists, then I would love to hear about that as well !

Playlists are just .tsv (tab separated value) files. What I would do is export the files to Excel (or Google Sheets), and modify them there.

While you're at it, why not just create 26 playlists, one for each letter of the alphabet.

If tsv files are beyond you, send your playlist files to me, and I can create the new files for you.

You don't have to worry about the link to the actual registration. The entry in the playlist for the registration is by name and location, so as long as you don't change the name of your registration, or where it's stored, you won't have any problems.

Regarding searching, you can search registrations. So if you need to look up a file, search your registrations instead.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:13:16 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Stijn

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 05:35:40 PM »
You can use the Search option in the Playlist.
I doesn't matter which Playlist is active.

When the song is found and you select it, you are asked if you want to add it to the Playlist.
Just answer YES and use the arrow to jump to the bottom of the list and Load the song.

When you leave the Playlist, don't save it, and all is well.
It's a workaround, but it saves time and there's no need to continue scrolling down a list.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Wil5560

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 01:11:20 PM »
Hello Fred en Stijn,

Thanks a lot for your help and explanation!
Certainly the 'search' as explained is very useful and easy to follow and understand.

The convertion of the tsv file into csv, and then creating individual and smaller playlists was not succesfull yet. I used Excel for this but after opening now a smaller
playlist file in Genos, I get the following error message: "some playlist records were not loaded due to error: 1 item"

Is there any exact steps explained how to handle and edit, then save etc the tsv file?

regards, Wil

Offline Bill

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 02:00:15 PM »
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,46456.0.html

Scroll down the page to get the latest version.

England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »
Hello Fred en Stijn,

Thanks a lot for your help and explanation!
Certainly the 'search' as explained is very useful and easy to follow and understand.

The convertion of the tsv file into csv, and then creating individual and smaller playlists was not succesfull yet. I used Excel for this but after opening now a smaller
playlist file in Genos, I get the following error message: "some playlist records were not loaded due to error: 1 item"

Is there any exact steps explained how to handle and edit, then save etc the tsv file?

Don’t convert it to .csv  it has to stay a .tsv file.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Wil5560

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 02:36:39 PM »
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your help. I already downloaded and installed version 1.05 from the playlist worker program. Although I like it, it does not help me or be clear:
- loading a large playlist file
- selecting multiple songs at a time
- saving the selected songs into a new playlist file

regards, Wil

Wil5560

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 02:40:06 PM »
Hello Fred,

Only reason I converted the large playlist file with extension tsv and renamed it, to csv, is to open the csv file into Excel.
I have no program to open directly a tsv file.
The software program that Bill is referring to, can load a tsv directly. So thats easy. However see my previous reply to Bill about the usage of that program

regards, Wil

Wil5560

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »
All,

So in meantime I have been trying to work with the program playlist worker.
And yes, when you load an existing playlist, you can start to select individual records, to later save them as a separate playlist file (so thanks Bill !).
However it's a lot work so I was wondering if there is a faster workaround by using Excel?
If yes, what are the right steps to execute this?

regards, Wil

Offline Stijn

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 06:14:28 PM »
@ Wil5560

Please check your PM.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos