Author Topic: battery  (Read 22979 times)

marc1956

battery
« on: July 10, 2019, 11:45:04 AM »
Yesterday I whas at my music shop looking for my other keyboard that I wanna to buy.
Unfortunaly no 770 or 775.
So talking to the manager I told him that my PSR E403 don't change not fast. It changes within 3 measures.
He said that the battery in the keyboard whas almost empty.
Is there a battery into the keyboard, and can I replace it??
What kind of battery??

Marc

SeaGtGruff

Re: battery
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 11:54:20 AM »
First of all, I don't know what he's talking about the keyboard not changing fast, but instead changing in 3 measures. Changing what?

Second of all, there is no internal battery on the motherboard that I know of; if there were, it would be listed in the Service Manual. I have a copy of the Service Manual-- and you can download it from ElektroTanya if you want-- so I'll look later to verify that there is no battery.

Of course, the PSR-E403 can be powered by batteries rather than by power adapter, but there is an icon on the LCD screen that indicates if the battery is low.

EDIT: Oh, wait-- YOU said that it isn't changing fast. What do you mean by that?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:58:18 AM by SeaGtGruff »

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 12:26:57 PM »
According to this, there is a battery.
But it's stating that ( May include )

Page 2 Battery Notice

[attachment deleted by admin]
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »
That's just a blanket statement that they put in all of the owner's manuals, even for products that do NOT have a battery. Many years ago, it was common for keyboards and computers to require a battery, and if that battery ran down then you needed to replace it. But these days it generally isn't required.

If there IS a battery inside the PSR-E403, it will be indicated in the diagrams and component lists in the service manual.

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 04:14:50 PM »
Seems like you were looking for exchanging your old keyboard E403 for 770/775, which the shop owner refused to take because he couldn't check the keyboard due to lack of battery power.

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
Battery operation from the owners manual.

marc1956

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 07:34:09 PM »
Seems like you were looking for exchanging your old keyboard E403 for 770/775, which the shop owner refused to take because he couldn't check the keyboard due to lack of battery power.

NO, I whas looking for a 770-775.  I never spoke with the shop owner about taken the E403 in for a reasonable price.  I just say that he wouldn't change not fast enough.
Then he say that the internal battery could be down or to low.

Marc

marc1956

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 07:36:44 PM »
EDIT: Oh, wait-- YOU said that it isn't changing fast. What do you mean by that?

What I mean:
If I playing a song with for instance saxophone and will change that into a jazz organ with the regist memory bank I play 3 - 4 measures before it is changing the voice from sax to organ.

Marc

Offline SciNote

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 09:21:21 PM »
That is odd.  Switching registrations should cause the sound to change from one registration to another immediately.  I believe the registration data is stored on flash memory inside the keyboard.  This would be similar to the memory that is on a standard USB flash drive, but it is instead hardwired inside the keyboard, and does not require a battery.  Perhaps that flash memory is going bad, causing the very long access time.  Or, maybe some other component in the keyboard that tells it which registration to load is going bad.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:24:29 PM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 10:28:58 PM »
What I mean:
If I playing a song with for instance saxophone and will change that into a jazz organ with the regist memory bank I play 3 - 4 measures before it is changing the voice from sax to organ.

Is that while playing a style? The reason I ask is I'm wondering if it's somehow timing itself to wait until the Main loop ends and starts to repeat again, or something like that.

Has is always done that, or did it just start?

marc1956

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 09:16:14 AM »
Thanks Guys.
I bought the keyboard second hand from a bandmember.
I didn't  noticed that before, because I was a organ player 30 years ago. Started last year and when I first use that it started.
So I don't use it anymore because I got out off tempo then. :-)
But it must be solved for my mind.

Marc

marc1956

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 09:26:02 AM »
Thanks Guys.
I bought the keyboard second hand from a bandmember.
I didn't  noticed that before, because I was a organ player 30 years ago. Started last year and when I first use that it started. It happens when I playing a style or not, its the same.
So I don't use it anymore because I got out off tempo then. :-)
But it must be solved for my mind.

Marc

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 10:08:45 AM »
I've searched through the Service Manual, and there is no mention of a battery, aside from the six removable batteries that can be used to power the keyboard instead of using the power adapter.

By the way, if you're using batteries to power the keyboard, make sure they're fresh batteries. And make sure you remove all batteries from the keyboard if you are using the power adapter to power it.

What operating system does your computer use? Do you have the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader program installed? If so, what does it show when you look at your keyboard's system memory and internal storage?

Have you tried clearing the backup memory (system memory), as described in the manual? Use Musicsoft Downloader to save a backup of the system memory first, in case it contains any registrations, User Songs, or User Style that you want to save. Also, I'd be interested in looking at the backup file to see if anything looks odd about it.

Sometimes clearing the backup memory will resolve an issue, but sometimes it's also necessary to clear the flash memory (internal storage). Again, use Musicsoft Downloader to transfer any song files or style files that are in the flash memory to your computer first.

If the Backup Clear and Flash Clear procedures don't resolve the issue, you can run the keyboard's built-in test program to see if it detects any problems. The test program is described in the Service Manual.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:10:31 AM by SeaGtGruff »

marc1956

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 08:19:33 PM »
I've searched through the Service Manual, and there is no mention of a battery, aside from the six removable batteries that can be used to power the keyboard instead of using the power adapter.

By the way, if you're using batteries to power the keyboard, make sure they're fresh batteries. And make sure you remove all batteries from the keyboard if you are using the power adapter to power it.

What operating system does your computer use? Do you have the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader program installed? If so, what does it show when you look at your keyboard's system memory and internal storage?

Have you tried clearing the backup memory (system memory), as described in the manual? Use Musicsoft Downloader to save a backup of the system memory first, in case it contains any registrations, User Songs, or User Style that you want to save. Also, I'd be interested in looking at the backup file to see if anything looks odd about it.

Sometimes clearing the backup memory will resolve an issue, but sometimes it's also necessary to clear the flash memory (internal storage). Again, use Musicsoft Downloader to transfer any song files or style files that are in the flash memory to your computer first.

If the Backup Clear and Flash Clear procedures don't resolve the issue, you can run the keyboard's built-in test program to see if it detects any problems. The test program is described in the Service Manual.

There is nothing more then this into Flash: 56 kb
Into the system memory there is the backup file 105kB

what can I do more.

marc

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 11:07:47 PM »
You didn't say whether you've done a backup clear and flash clear yet, but if you haven't cleared the backup then as I said, I'd be interested in looking at the backup file to see what it looks like. Copy the backup file to your computer, zip it, and email it to me.

Also, it sounds like you're saying there's 56kB of files in flash memory. Copy those to your computer.

Then do the flash clear while powering up, turn off the keyboard when it's done clearing the flash, and do the backup clear while powering up a second time. Then turn off the keyboard again after it's done clearing the backup, and do the test program while powering up a third time, go through each of the tests, and note the results.

There are a couple of tests that require extra equipment, and you can skip those-- although if you're still having trouble after all of the above, then you might want to run those tests as well if you can get the equipment and know how to use it.

marc1956

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 12:51:50 PM »
Gonna follow your instructions this evening.
Thanks

Marc

marc1956

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 08:56:15 AM »
all solved.
Its only when I play a style and switch into the memory bank to a voice.
It doesn't happen when I play without a style, then it switch immediately. It is written in the manuel, so I should read again the manuel.

Another question: I loaded up a new style and its 22kb. It is in the flash but doesn't play when I select it.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 02:35:04 PM »
Is it a style that you purchased, or one that you got from this forum or website? More to the point, can you post the style file for us to look at, or if that isn't feasible due to copyright issues, can you point us to where the file came from and what it's called?

marc1956

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 08:38:17 AM »
The file came from this forum.
I got it from a member.
With style remaker I turn it down to 10Kb.... Maybe that is to small??

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,51253.msg400950.html#msg400950

Marc

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 11:22:16 AM »
It looks like there are four style files in that thread. Which one did you use?

If you've changed it, please post the changed version so we can see what it looks like.

marc1956

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2019, 07:12:28 PM »
I think I found the error.
You asked for the remixed, but the 10 kb is nothing in it.  It has two sty.sty. at the end.
That is totally wrong.
Gonna try to bring into the KB number 2 from the downloaded.  It's 18 Kb, so would that be a problem.

Thanks for the advice.

Marc