Author Topic: PROBLEM WITH THE MEMORY ROM PSR S 970  (Read 3053 times)

MARTINMURCIA

PROBLEM WITH THE MEMORY ROM PSR S 970
« on: January 07, 2021, 12:35:17 AM »
Good evening everyone, my name is Martín Murcia, I'm from Bogotá, Colombia, I have a Yamaha psr s970 when I turn it on, it appears
a blue screen with a sign that says DATA FLASH ROM DEVICE ERROR, I would like to know if anyone has had this same error and how to solve it please. I thank you very much.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:45:00 AM by Roger Brenizer »

Offline Toril S

Re: PROBLEM WITH THE MEMORY ROM PSR S 970
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 12:43:10 AM »
Please post in English!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:46:09 AM by Roger Brenizer »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 12:24:23 PM »
Sounds like you have a fault there and need advice either from your shop or Yamaha.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 02:17:03 PM »
Good evening everyone, my name is Martín Murcia, I'm from Bogotá, Colombia, I have a Yamaha psr s970 when I turn it on, it appears
a blue screen with a sign that says DATA FLASH ROM DEVICE ERROR, I would like to know if anyone has had this same error and how to solve it please. I thank you very much.

Hi Martin,

"Data Flash ROM Device Error" means the internal Flash ROM memory (where e.g. the System data is stored) gives an error.

The only thing you can do yourself in this case is to try a full Factory Reset using the internal Test program:

Download the S970 Service Manual from here:
>>> https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/workshops/ServiceManuals.html

Go to page 39 and start up the "Test Mode". (There are two different methods to do this.)

If you are lucky and the Test Program starts, run Test item "081 : Factory Set", and then run Test item "084 : Test Exit". (Read page 49 of the Service Manual!)

If the above does not work or does not help, you must take your S970 to an authorized Yamaha service center.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 02:22:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)