Author Topic: NEW RECORDING  (Read 2321 times)

Offline dinapoli

NEW RECORDING
« on: July 09, 2019, 09:42:59 PM »
Hello everybody,

I had more time to work on Genos, this keyboard is amazing, I just made a video of "God Bless America" all played live.  I used two microphones for my my vocals, one connected to the Genos, the other in the mixer.  The right hand, the style and the microphone are send to different outputs of the Genos, the effects are mainly from the Genos, the harmony is from the Genos, the Chorus is played in the right hand and left, with different sound on different Registrations.

You can find the video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkN-LNMdjZ8&feature=youtu.be

Send me some questions or feedback.

Ciao
Gino

The following users thanked this post: Joe H

Re: NEW RECORDING
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 11:50:38 AM »
You have put a lot of effort into your video, dinapoli. Well done! It shows everyone what can be done on the Genos with the onboard tools. I assume you used three or four Registrations for changing the background sound?

Once again, well done. Please post some more tunes.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 01:59:26 PM »
Thank you Lee,

I had little problems editing this song in Sony Vegas.  This is not the kind music I sing.  I use studio monitors, cheap speakers and a flat screen TV.  However these days people use laptops, telephones and sometimes flat screen TV  to watch videos. it is unfortunate  these hardware are not designed for music most of the time they don't reproduce the bass or the low sounds well, so when a song depends on Bass and low sounds the recording suffers, when vocals are involved it appears the vocals are overpowering.  Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 02:48:56 PM »
If you set all your volumes up first there should be no problem with the vocal being over powering.

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 03:36:04 PM »
Thank you for your input Eileen,

The sound from the Genos and vocals are recorded on a mixer/recorder and edited on a computer using Sony Vegas. The styles and left hand, the right hand, the microphones are recorded separate in addition to the sound on two cameras.  Everything is played live the sound output is from a BOSE L1.

It's obvious  the laptop can't reproduce the sound the same as the L1. Some styles are dependent on Bass, the question is how to balance them. and make them more acceptable.  Probably many live performers wouldn't have purchased the Genos or the Tyros by just listening to Demos on a laptop.  I listened to it on large monitors to hear if the keyboard was suitable for live performance.