Author Topic: How to import text file with chordd  (Read 7884 times)

markchapman1976

How to import text file with chordd
« on: July 09, 2019, 08:56:58 PM »
Hi how do I import a text file with song lyrics and the chords above the lyrics like you get in guitar tab android app or any other similar app? Is this possible on the S975 and how to do it please? Thanks. Even though I can read music I like to work this way mostly.

Offline ckobu

Re: How to import text file with chordd
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »
The video shows text input in MIDI.
https://youtu.be/go2xBM1FMYE
If you want to add chords you can do it with PSRUTI. View the image, mark the channel where the chords have been played.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tyros5Mad

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 02:05:49 AM »
There are a number of ways to do this using different software packages available on music sites.

I have tried many of them but none did exactly what I wanted, which was to create a backing track using a Yamaha style with all the chords and lyrics included. So I wrote my own software to do this. I call it Midi Maker. It supports most of the current Yamaha arrangers.

If you want to take a look at the software, you will find it here: https://sites.google.com/view/midi-maker/midi-maker-2
The software is free to use with no restrictions. There's a complete tutorial available at the site to show you how to use the software.

Regards,
Richard.

markchapman1976

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 12:46:50 PM »
Great thanks Richard

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
This is a video showing the export/import of text and Chord.
https://youtu.be/CRr-gKfvG24

You can edit the Exported File in the Notepad application (pic)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

Tyros5Mad

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 11:30:08 PM »
PSRUTI does a good job of importing chords and lyrics. I make use of this feature in Midi Maker.

Midi Maker makes a Yamaha song file (midi file). It has powerful features like being able to turn the keyboard or vocal harmony on and off, turning registrations on, turning multi pads on and off and more. I can use this file on the keyboard as is or I can make a standard type 0 midi file by playing the song file from the computer and recording it to a standard midi file with my keyboard using midi quick recording. The recorded file has no lyrics in it and this is where PSRUTI comes into play.

My software exports the lyrics in PSRUTI format and I then use PSRUTI to import the lyrics back into the midi file to make a complete backing track with chords and lyrics.

Regards,
Richard 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:36:38 PM by RichardL »

edtek

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 07:21:02 PM »
Mark,
You didn’t mention midis in your query.  Perhaps that’s what you meant but possibly you just want to display a text file with chords and lyrics in the display for you to read while playing so you don't have to have a paper sheet or book in front of you. 

If that’s the case you can just write a text file on a pc showing the chords and lyrics.  Store the file on a USB and load it when you call up your song either manually or as stored in a registration.

I store the chord and lyric text file in a USB folder and save it with the song reg. 

There's more details in the Ref manual on page 52 if this is what you wanted to do.