Author Topic: Split point Question  (Read 63064 times)

Offline jugge

Split point Question
« on: July 25, 2019, 06:17:50 AM »
Hi,

I noticed that - even though I split the right and left voices on the keyboard -  I can still hear the voice from R1, R2 or R3 when playing the left keys. I need to first first turn off R1, R2 and R3 for only the left voice to play  This might not be an issue because I also noticed that if I have all the voices on, I will only hear the left voice after the split point, so it is only when I turn off the left voice this happens. Just wonder if this is the expected behaviour?

Thanks
/Jörgen
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw

Offline Robert van Weersch

Re: Split point Question
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 06:48:08 AM »
That's how split voices have always worked on Yamaha machines. It only "splits" when there is actually something to split, i.e. at least two sections (left/R1+2/R3/ACMP etc). If there is nothing to "split", you'll just hear all appropriate voices.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

The following users thanked this post: jugge

Online EileenL

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 12:47:02 PM »
You need to split the keyboard where you want it and then save it with acmp button turned on to a registration bank. Then you will only hear your left hand voice below the split.

The following users thanked this post: jugge

Offline jugge

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 12:49:14 PM »
That's how split voices have always worked on Yamaha machines. It only "splits" when there is actually something to split, i.e. at least two sections (left/R1+2/R3/ACMP etc). If there is nothing to "split", you'll just hear all appropriate voices.

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't aware that.
Welcome to Yamaha Beats. Genos and MODX covers on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9yKCzqlOhkulwHFF6P-_Vw