Author Topic: PSR SX???  (Read 893703 times)

Offline Enildo

PSR SX???
« on: July 08, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »
Hi everyone,
PSR SX300?
Rumors began. Until the end of the year we have news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9d1HhP6xBw

Enildo
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:15:38 PM by Enildo »
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Enildo

Re: PSR SX300?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 03:13:09 PM »
Is this photo real?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 04:43:38 PM »
Hi, I just found this :

http://www.yu-midi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31412

When translated by Google, this gives:

“The new model / series of Yamaha's arrangements is coming out at the end of 2020. It's a compact version of Genos, and he's guessed he would have:
touch screen
1Gb rama
jostick
Revo Drum
two Live Sliders
61 key ...”

Interesting   8)
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 04:51:16 PM »
Hi, I just found this :

“The new model / series of Yamaha's arrangements is coming out at the end of 2020. It's a compact version of Genos, and he's guessed he would have:
touch screen
1Gb rama
jostick
Revo Drum
two Live Sliders
61 key ...”

Interesting   8)

Cool, is it the replacement for s670 or s975?
For the amount of ram memory (1gb) it should be s975.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 05:52:29 PM »
I think Jeremy See was just talking about it being a replacement for the PSR-S670 because that model hasn't had a replacement for it released yet, whereas the PSR-S970 and PSR-S770 have (the PSR-S975 and PSR-S775). If the rumors about the PSR-SX are correct, then it might be reasonable to expect that there will be more than one model, such as an SX300, SX400, and SX500, or something like that-- obviously these are model numbers that I've made up as examples, so they almost certainly do not exist, since no one but Yamaha knows how many different PSR-SX models there will be and what model numbers they will be known as.

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 05:53:33 PM »
I get nervous with rumors like this. Once a rumor rises, it gets played back by the Web like a canyon with echoes.

-- pj

beykock

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 06:56:28 PM »
Hi :

Nothing is impossible but, if this new S-serie or whatever it will be called, is only available as of at the end of 2020, it sounds strange to me all these spec's are already on the street.👂

As long as Yamaha are not talking about these successors, it is hard to believe these new arranger keyboard's names and spec's are real and correct, IMHO.

Plse remember all Yamaha employees and dealers are absolutely not allowed to give any information.
Up to now this policy has always been
respected ( to whom it may concern ).

But ... speculations will always be available.
😎

Babette
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:05:02 PM by beykock »

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 07:24:53 PM »
Hi, I just found this :

touch screen
1Gb rama
jostick
Revo Drum
two Live Sliders
61 key ...”

Interesting   8)

I like Bing's translation:

"Rumor has it that at the end of 2020. A new model of Yamahinih Arrans comes out. It is a compact version of Genos, and it is speculated that you would have:
Touchscreen
1Gb RAM
The Jostick
Revo Drum
Two Live sliers
61 button..."

Emphasis should be on "Rumor has it" and "it is speculated." :) Sometimes these rumors turn out to be correct, but sometimes they turn out to be only a little bit correct and a lot incorrect. The thing is, if there is any truth to the part about "at the end of 2020," then we're going to have to wait a long time before Yamaha is ready to unveil it and release any solid, factual information about it. Indeed, if it really won't be ready until the end of 2020, then we might not get any solid information until the opening day of Winter NAMM 2021.

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 08:08:11 PM »
As a translator, I must say that I positively LOVE Google and Bing translations because it means we professional translators will still have some work for the foreseeable future LoL  ;D

Offline hans1966

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 10:44:44 PM »
Hi :

Nothing is impossible but, if this new S-serie or whatever it will be called, is only available as of at the end of 2020, it sounds strange to me all these spec's are already on the street.👂

As long as Yamaha are not talking about these successors, it is hard to believe these new arranger keyboard's names and spec's are real and correct, IMHO.
Plse remember all Yamaha employees and dealers are absolutely not allowed to give any information.
Up to now this policy has always been
respected ( to whom it may concern ).

But ... speculations will always be available.
😎

Babette

Hello Babette, if I remember correctly in another thread Eileenl said that at the end of this year we would see a future replacement of the S775 / S975 series. I particularly think that if the new PSR-X or whatever is released this year, it will be between mid-September and October. Greetings. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline SciNote

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »
Did I miss something?  Where is a model PSR-SX300 mentioned in this video?  I believe that photo shows a prototype PSR-SX900, which would be numerically logical for a PSR-S975 replacement.  It would be cool if there was, say a PSR-SX300 or SX400 to replace the PSR-E363 and E463 keyboards, but I didn't see any mention of that.  My guess is that if Yamaha continues with what they appear to have started with the PSR-E360, then the replacement for the PSR-E463 just might be called the PSR-E560, but we'll see.  It's just a lot of fun speculation for now.
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 08:31:02 AM »
Well, the photo is so low-res that it is hard to tell... but you must be right, PSR-SX900 seems more logical...

On the other hand, I think that the PSR E360 was a “one shot” and that the whole PSR E line will also get a complete refreshment, which would explain why there were no PSR E273 and 373 this year.

By the way, to stay in line with the PSR-SX replacing the PSR S series, one would assume that the PSR E series would then be rebranded PSR-EX or whatever... Oh man, I’d be dying to put my hands on a future PSR-EX400...  Now who said “speculation”?  ;D ;D ;D

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »
I was also unsure of the model number, and thought it might be 900-- but I think there's a slightly better copy of that photo somewhere, in which it's more clearly seen to be 300. The blurry copy may not be as good as the original due to having been rescaled or recompressed when being inserted into a YouTube video.

Edit: I can't open the JPG attached to the Yu-MIDI page linked above, because I'm not a member, but its file size is nearly twice the size of the JPG in this thread-- 71.0 kB versus 41.76 kB.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:25:31 AM by SeaGtGruff »

beykock

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 09:21:44 AM »
Hi Hans :

The release of a new S-serie ( or another brand name, who knows ) at the end of this year might be possible.

I do not want to speculate. Wait and see.

Babette

Offline andyg

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »
Ah, yet more rumours!

Note to Admin: Could we have some new categories: "Rumours", "Speculation" and "You won't believe this, but..."! Sub-categories could include "Unconfirmed", "Clearly Photoshopped" and "Hilariously Inaccurate".
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »
Unfortunately(?), that is precisely what this sub-forum is for! :)

From the text on the forum's index page:

The Next Yamaha Keyboard
This board is for rumors, speculation, even wish-lists, concerning upcoming Yamaha keyboards.
Moderator: mikf

Offline Enildo

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 12:10:16 PM »
It looks like the pitch band and modulation will be banned and we'll have a joystick.
It also appears that it is selecting a function directly on the display. So we have a touchscreen display.

Enildo

Offline Joe H

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 04:11:43 PM »
I think Jeremy See was just talking about it being a replacement for the PSR-S670 because that model hasn't had a replacement for it released yet, whereas the PSR-S970 and PSR-S770 have (the PSR-S975 and PSR-S775). If the rumors about the PSR-SX are correct, then it might be reasonable to expect that there will be more than one model, such as an SX300, SX400, and SX500, or something like that-- obviously these are model numbers that I've made up as examples, so they almost certainly do not exist, since no one but Yamaha knows how many different PSR-SX models there will be and what model numbers they will be known as.

I agree with what you are saying.  It doesn't make much sense that the new SX series replacement for the S975 would only have 2 faders/sliders or 2 knobs.  How about 4 knobs plus 4 faders, and maybe the 1.6GB of expansion memory ported over from the Genos. I would welcome a joy-stick too.

We will just have to wait and see.

;)

Joe H
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:12:47 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 09:53:24 PM »
Hi guys,

I registered to the midi.yu forum and downloaded the higher-res picture, but it is still blurred.
I attach it here anyway.

Enjoy.

Vinciane

Offline Enildo

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 10:08:13 PM »
Hi guys,

I registered to the midi.yu forum and downloaded the higher-res picture, but it is still blurred.
I attach it here anyway.

Enjoy.

Vinciane

For this image I think it's the sx 900.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 11:02:16 PM »
I still think it might be either, although 900 seems somewhat more likely due to the middle line being longer than the bottom line, and for a 3 the middle line is usually the shortest.

I also think that the person touching the instrument is clearly touching either the body or a button to the bottom right of the screen, and not touching the screen, so it doesn't suggest a touchscreen as is being speculated.

Offline Enildo

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 11:43:02 PM »
I also think that the person touching the instrument is clearly touching either the body or a button to the bottom right of the screen, and not touching the screen, so it doesn't suggest a touchscreen as is being speculated.

You can not see much, but I think you're right.
I hope this PSR comes with a lot of news and inspired by Genos.

Enildo

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 12:26:13 AM »
You can not see much, but I think you're right.

Yes, you can clearly see the reflectiveness of the screen, then the dark edge around it from the body of the panel being elevated above the screen, and the finger is clearly touching the keyboard well beyond the edge of the screen, in the area that would be where the Registration buttons are on a PSR-E4xx.

EDIT: Also, I'm definitely thinking the number is 900, not 300, because both the upper and middle horizontal strokes are longer than the bottom stroke, so even if it's somewhat unclear whether there's a vertical stroke connecting the left ends of the upper and middle horizontal strokes (and it does look like there might be), it's most likely a 9 rather than a 3.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:30:48 AM by SeaGtGruff »

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 08:21:12 AM »
Guys, the fellow (or the gal) who leaked this picture must now have a lot of fun - if (s)he is not in the process of being sacked by Yamaha, that is  ;D ;D ;D

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 08:29:41 AM »
Well, I am now seriously wondering whether the leaked was not programmed... because the T-shirt of one of the guys on the photo literally reads: “We don’t want to make waves”... Yamaha engineers’ peculiar sense of humour maybe? :D

beykock

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
It is so easy to photoshop and upload a fake photograph. 8)
But it is funny to speculate. ;)

Babette

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 08:38:23 AM »
Sorry for the multi-posting but apparently the site alleging since July 4 that the picture first appeared on this forum (???) is this Polish one:

http://www.vsti.pl/forum/instrumenty_klawiszowe/21355-yamaha-psr-sx900-czyżby-następca-psr-975.html#25333

Here is a Google translation of the text:

“On the PSR tutorial forum you can find the following photo which pictures allegedly another model on which the company Yamaha PSR sx900 works

the instrument has to have a touch screen, however, that is a bit smaller than in the genos model. The joystick used will be exactly the same as in the nose, the amount of sample memory should be 1 GB. On board you will also find revo sounds, additional styles and sounds
The reference book does not provide any additional data about new functionalities.
The instrument housing is to be made of a plastic keyboard. Probably the same as in PSR 975 without aftertouch.
The buttons are highlighted in blue

The alleged date of release is October 2020 In my opinion, if the information is true, the premiere of the instrument will take place at least a year earlier.”

I wished all this were true, but I am wondering whether someone is not having a lot of fun on our cost???

Vinciane

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 09:01:14 AM »
the T-shirt of one of the guys on the photo literally reads: “We don’t want to make waves”

I'm pretty sure it says "We want you to make waves," although "you" can't be read except for the "o" because of the folds in the shirt.

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 09:16:08 AM »
Michael, once again you must be right.

And after all, this is exactly what we are doing right now  ;D ;D ;D

beykock

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 09:52:54 AM »
Hi Vinciane :

If all the specs and the look of the new S975-serie should be correct, why should Yamaha not change the lousy quality of the present S975 keybed ?  ;)

Consumer Price ? At least present S-price + 25%, I guess.

76 keys ? No way.  ;D
Many Genos features and a touch screen ? No way !

ONLY SPECULATION AND FAKE INFORMATION ! :) :) :)

Take care,
Babette

Offline Joe H

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2019, 02:28:52 PM »
I wished all this were true, but I am wondering whether someone is not having a lot of fun on our cost???

Vinciane

Well we don't have to engage in this speculation at all... but we can if we choose to.

I'm going to just wait and see for Yamaha to make an official announcement.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline andyg

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 11:20:05 AM »
I'm going to just wait and see for Yamaha to make an official announcement.

Amen to that! :)
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 12:27:23 PM »
I think it can be fun to speculate about upcoming models and firmware updates, and it can be fun to talk about new features we'd like to see in future models and firmware updates. But it can also lead to a lot of grief, either by arguing with others about suggested changes, or by getting our hopes dashed when the new model or firmware update doesn't have everything that speculation and rumors had led us to expect.

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »
Well, that’s exactly what speculation is all about...  8)

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2019, 12:59:46 PM »
Not sure if anybody has seen this but the rumors continue.....

https://muabandanorgan.net/san-pham/dan-yamaha-psr-sx900.html

But... at least make it a little but more convincing  ;D

However, the most interesting part of that is that they're saying October this year & that's not far away. If it's true then I'd expect to some legitimate info about this keyboard soon.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
I'm tempted to call BS on it, as there are a few things about the photos that strike me as suspicious:

1) The model name on the back has some artifacting that's a little sharper and looks inconsistent with the blurry lettering elsewhere on the back.

2) By itself that might not seem very damning, but there's also a rectangular area where the color of the back panel is darker, so taken with the point above it smells like an original model name has been edited out of an original photo and replaced by a new model name that was typed in using a graphics editing program.

3) The model name on the front looks different than the model name on the back-- "Psr SX900" with a capital "P," lowercase "sr," and no dash, versus "psr-SX900."

4) Again, by itself that might not seem very damning, but once again there's a rectangular area where the color of the front panel is lighter.

5) Furthermore, the model name on the front looks like it's printed on a surface that's directly facing the viewer, whereas the actual surface of the panel is slanting away from the viewer, so the model name ought to be at an angle slanting away from the viewer and displaying evidence of perspective. So again, it smells like an original model name was edited out of an original photo and replaced by a new model name that was typed in (without paying careful attention to being consistent with the way it was typed on the photo of the back) using a graphics editing program.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 02:52:44 PM by SeaGtGruff »

The following users thanked this post: pjd

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2019, 03:01:10 PM »
Also, looking at the original photo that was presumably taken with someone's phone, the lettering and coloring of the model name in that photo doesn't match the lettering and coloring in the new photos. Look at how small the "psr" is in relation to the rest of the model name, plus the shape of the "SX" letters, plus the slightly darker color (light gray or silver?) of the "900" (or whatever the number is). Also, the letters and numbers (especially the numbers) in the first photo have a blocky appearance and are not slanted to the right (italicized) at all.

And the surface of the back panel is more sharply angled in the original photo, and the profile of the side possibly has more of a funky shape rather than being a straight slope-- although I'm not certain about that.

I'm not suggesting that the original photo is fake, but I do strongly suspect that someone's having a bit of fun with the new pair of photos.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 03:17:26 PM by SeaGtGruff »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »
Looks like a photo shopped Genos to me.

;D

Joe H

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2019, 03:12:43 PM »
Looks like a photo shopped Genos to me.

;D

Joe H

That's exactly what I thought. :)

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2019, 03:22:58 PM »
Yes, sorry I should have mentioned in my post the sarcasm when I said "at least make it a little bit more convincing" as it was quite obvious what the keyboards are, and it's certainly no SX 900!

It's probably the worst mock up I've ever seen as whoever's tried to fool us hasn't even bothered or attempted to change the original keyboards!.

Anyway, really am curious about seeing the real thing or any more info on it. Also I wonder if they'll continue with the Audio drums that they ditched in Genos but carried on in the S975, to be honest I expected a few more additions from S970 to S975 and maybe no additions signals the end of them as well in the next Sx series.

beykock

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2019, 03:30:57 PM »
No built in speakers ?

Babette

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2019, 03:31:16 PM »
Yes, sorry I should have mentioned in my post the sarcasm when I said "at least make it a little bit more convincing"

I actually thought that might have been what you meant! :D

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2019, 03:34:10 PM »
No built in speakers ?

Babette

Yes, that's another point! The Genos has no built-in speakers, whereas a new PSR model almost certainly would, as I think that's part of what makes it "portable."

beykock

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2019, 03:44:55 PM »
If no built-in speakers, the Genos speakers might fit ?😎

Hard to believe the SX900 comes without built-in speakers, right ?

All fake, I guess.

Babette

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »
Well, if you look back at the original phone photo, it might be difficult to see the front panel but it does look like there's clearly open space to the left and right of the screen, exactly where you'd expect the speaker grilles to be-- which is obviously totally different than the front panel of the doctored photos.

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2019, 03:53:11 PM »

Hard to believe the SX900 comes without built-in speakers, right ?

If it had no speakers, then it would almost be a pointless release because it means it could only go up against the Genos because the point of the S series was the portability of it including on board amplification, same with the Korg PA series.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2019, 04:50:34 PM »
Deffinatly picture of Genos. Pull the other leg it's got bells on. ;D ;D ;D

beykock

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2019, 04:51:02 PM »
Like Joe H said before : a photo shopped Genos picture !🐷

Speculation and fake photo's keep people busy.👎😜 😁

Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »
I think people are busy enough without having this rubbish to look at.

Offline Danny1972

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2019, 04:55:53 PM »
Deffinatly picture of Genos. Pull the other leg it's got bells on. ;D ;D ;D

Lmao, I nearly fell of my chair reading that!!