Author Topic: Genos "strange" home screen...  (Read 2195 times)

Francesco Massa

Genos "strange" home screen...
« on: July 08, 2019, 02:50:02 PM »
I don't know if anyone noticed this before in other threads, in this case I'm absolutely sorry to open a new one. But...look at THIS PICTURE.
It seems a totally different layout from the actual one, and I can see top icons recently added on the latest OS. Am I wrong? Do you see them too? Is it just a "primitive" firmware or just an illustrative image or what?

Image taken from YamahaMusicians.com forum.

Francesco

Online EileenL

Re: Genos "strange" home screen...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 03:02:23 PM »
What this is the problem. The Genos home screen now looks this with version 1.40 update. It shows things that have been added. Have you done the update yourself yet as you will then see it as it is.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 04:48:05 PM »
@Eileen: This is NOT the Genos 1.40 Home Screen.

@Francesco: I think that's an early alternate design of the home screen that didn't make it in the final product. You can still see this design on this promotional
material from 2017 (hint: when visiting the link click on "scroll to start" to see the pic).

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/index.html
Regards, Michael

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 05:11:50 AM »
I'm not really surprised about this, because if you pay close attention and follow up, since the launch of Clavinova CVP709. I came across its user interface and concluded that the new generation of Yamaha keyboards will follow the design and layout like this (At that time we didn't know the existence of Genos).
And the design of the Genos interface is customized from the interface of CVP 7xx line. And I believe the next generation of the PSR-S975 (Probably the PSR-SX900 will be based on the Genos interface for customization).
So in the picture you give. I think the image in the other ad is when the Genos firmware is incomplete. Looking at it you can see the difference from Genos' current 1.4 as "
- 4 Voice position has been swapped for Playback Audio / Midi position.
- The homw shortcut icons at this time do not have any clear boxes but just icons.
So: If you want to know what Genos 2 will look like, watch out for the 80x series CVP.
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic