Author Topic: Getting instruments from PSR 975 in Cubase possible?  (Read 4092 times)

pka4916

Getting instruments from PSR 975 in Cubase possible?
« on: July 08, 2019, 01:46:48 AM »
Is it possible to get the instruments from PSR 975 in Cubase Elements?
and I don't mean to have my keyboard hooked up to my laptop all the time.
Just trying to get the instruments to my laptop, so I can compose on my laptop and elsewhere, and have the correct sounds. idk if that's possible.

Thank you

SeaGtGruff

Re: Getting instruments from PSR 975 in Cubase possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 02:46:40 AM »
The only way to do that without having your keyboard connected is to sample the voice(s) you want to use, which generally means sampling each key at multiple velocities to get the best results. I believe there is sampling software out there that can make this easier.

pka4916

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 03:43:02 AM »
ooh, that's a big pain lol.

I did find a 970 under the devices input in Cubase, and i see all the instruments,  but not sure how to use it.
need to study the guides some more.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 05:00:41 AM »
Usually when you see that, it's just an instrument definition, or patch list, that lets you select one of your external keyboard's voices by its name rather than needing to manually specify the Bank Select numbers and Program Change number. In other words, you still need to have your keyboard attached to the computer so the DAW can play the voices on the keyboard, rather than being able to play the voices in the DAW without needing the keyboard.