Author Topic: Piano CF3 Yamaha  (Read 6761 times)

Offline aldus51

Piano CF3 Yamaha
« on: June 29, 2019, 02:43:09 PM »
HI. Anyone that can tell me what voices are the Cf3 of Yamaha? I think they are on the Tyros 3  not on my Tyros 2....
I have been offered as a second hand a Yamaha Tyros 3 with the notes on the piano cf3 that don't work properly....
It seems that the notes or the keys make strange sound when pressed but only with the Cf3, Rhodes and other like this....
The guy says that all the other voices works perfectly... Do any of you think that maybe a complete reset of the keyboard could
make the voices turn to normal? Last but not least: Is it possible to save the list of the favorites from the Music Finder? If I change to another set I am always loosing my favorite...

Thank you very much in advance.
Aldus

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Piano CF3 Yamaha
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 03:12:32 PM »
I'm a little confused,

Yamaha CF3 is a digital piano.

Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline DerekA

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 05:01:16 PM »
So this is a Tyros 3 where some of the notes don't sound on some voices, but do sound on other voices.

I think this is rather unusual.

I would leave it alone. There are other used models out there I'm sure.
Genos

Offline aldus51

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 05:05:28 PM »
Hi. And Yes I know that CF III is a Yamaha Piano, but I though That maybe the tyros 3 has got CF III voices too.... ;)

I will try and go to see that keyboard....Thank you

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 05:47:39 PM »
Last but not least: Is it possible to save the list of the favorites from the Music Finder? If I change to another set I am always loosing my favorite...

Hi Aldus,

There is a field/flag in each Music Finder record which is set when you mark a record as a 'favorite'.

There is not a second set of 'favorite' records within a MFD.

When you tab to FAVORITE in the MF, the system is still working with the full set of records in that MFD, but it now filters the display so that it only lists records that have the Favorite flag set.

You can only save/load complete MFDs which will include any records which are marked as favorites.

When you load a different MFD file, it will not be aware of any records, 'favorites' or otherwise from the previously loaded one.

I suppose what you could do is to make a MFD which only includes those records which you have marked as favorites, then save this.

Then when you install a different MFD, you could also install your 'favorites' MDF too, by appending it to the existing one (assuming that the total number of records is not larger than the 2500 maximum).  This will give you the records from the recently installed MFD, plus those from your 'favorites' MFD which will still be listed in the FAVORITE tab.

You can make the 'favorites' MFD by deleting all records that are not marked as a favorite, and saving the results as a MFD file.  You can do this on the keyboard itself, but if there are a lot of (non favorite) records to delete, it is likely to be much easier to do it using a program on your computer such as...

https://psrtutorial.com/MB/musicfinderview.html

or

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/mffm/index.htm

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 05:49:19 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 07:40:57 PM »
You say 'offered', do you mean for free. I wouldn't advise messing with a T3 with known faults unless you get it free. A reset is unlikely to fix it. Surely the current owner would have tried that, and if not ask him to try it before you think about buying - unless as I say it is free, then you hav nothing to lose.
I don't know what piano voices are in the T3, but its not likely they are exactly the same as in the digital piano.
Mike