Author Topic: Update 1.4 of Genos.  (Read 8610 times)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:04:45 AM by Snicker740 »
Genos + Motif XS7
More video about Genos: https://www.youtube.com/c/MaiDinhThangMusic

The following users thanked this post: Eric, B

beykock

Re: Compact version of Genos.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 05:42:30 AM »
Hi Snicker 740 :

Thank you for sharing this ( fake ?😷 ) news.👍

Do you mean October 2019 or 2020 instead of 2002 ?
76 or 61 keys or both ?
Price information ?

👉 👉Plse upload the picture !!!!!🙏🙏🙏💐

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Babette

« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 06:02:11 AM by beykock »

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 07:16:18 AM »
Hi Snicker 740 :

Thank you for sharing this ( fake ?😷 ) news.👍

Do you mean October 2019 or 2020 instead of 2002 ?
76 or 61 keys or both ?
Price information ?

👉 👉Plse upload the picture !!!!!🙏🙏🙏💐

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Babette
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:00:45 AM by Snicker740 »
Genos + Motif XS7

beykock

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 07:40:27 AM »
👍👍👍👍👍👍

Thank you for the photo !
Not much to see ... but ... hopefully it is not fake.🐻

No doubt many S770, S970, S775 and S975 owners would like to know much and much more.

Once again, thank you and keep us posted !🎤

Best wishes, Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 03:01:26 PM »
I must say the screen looks very small. I never take notice of anything posted until it is official from Yamah.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline hans1966

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 07:02:59 PM »
I have to be in agreement with Eileenl in that the screen looks small almost similar to that of the S670. I really hope it's a great improvement from the S975 / S775, including better editing tools in the sequencer, and a significant increase in the capacity of notes that goes from 300kb to 3Mb or more, since I've noticed in some own arrangements that when the polyphony is exceeded (according to the instrument or sampl) the sequencer of my S775 tends to cut the notes and there are also problems of inconsistencies in the playback of the song, such as jumps in time and a certain delay. all this due to the limited functions of the sequencer. Greetings. Hans
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:04:37 PM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 08:49:58 PM »
I heard you can play it outside in the bright sun, and it is waterproof so you can play it in the rain. ::) ::) ::)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 10:54:27 PM »
Nice one. ;) :D

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 11:29:59 PM »
I heard you can play it outside in the bright sun, and it is waterproof so you can play it in the rain. ::) ::) ::)

Jerry I thought today was July 1st not April 1st :) :)
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline pjd

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 12:33:53 AM »
I don't want to rain on Snicker's parade because he does come up with some interesting rumors. Thanks, Snicker!

Instead of "Genos", please focus on the words "replacement for PSR-S975".

Yamaha will still maintain a feature gap wide enough to sustain Genos premium pricing versus the S or XS series. Yamaha is building some great keyboards, but talk of "mini Genos" or "compact Genos" at a radically lower price is overblown.

It'll be interesting to see and hear a new generation of mid-range arrangers.  :) However, they will remain mid-range. Yamaha will never give away the store.  :)

All the best -- pj

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 01:03:34 AM »

Does that mean we can play it in the bath then?? ;)

Offline hans1966

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 01:15:44 AM »
Does that mean we can play it in the bath then??

Safe!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mikk

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 03:02:38 AM »
I also have heard about this little "Genos".

They say it is  actually made in North Vietnam so when it is released I suspect it will have built in camera, microphone,GPS and will connect to internet wirelessly when you turn it on.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 03:05:29 AM by Mikk »
I Believe in the K.I.S.S. Principle.

There is no cloud. It is storage space
                     on someones computer.

Offline Henni

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 08:09:11 AM »
Absolutely FANTASTIC news. I do not believe this is fake at all. We can all look forward to something stunning that is much more affordable again. This would be as close to a mini Genos as it gets like the PSR series have alway been as close to the Tyros series as it gets.
...Fly Forever!

Offline voodoo

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 08:54:50 AM »
Yamaha will still maintain a feature gap wide enough to sustain Genos premium pricing versus the S or XS series. Yamaha is building some great keyboards, but talk of "mini Genos" or "compact Genos" at a radically lower price is overblown.

PJ,

I, personally, think that the PSR-S (or its successors) can be titled as "Small Genos". They share the same operating system, and all sounds and styles, that are contained, are the same as they are on the Tyros/Genos series. So, leaving out the extra features of the premium series (FSX keys, SA2, more DSPs etc.), you get quite the same quality of sound (same sound engine, same samples, same DSPs, same style engine).

So, if PSR series will be equipped with touch screen and the new Genos OS, I find they are small Genos with much value for a low price.

It is similar to what MODX is as compared to Montage: exactly the same sound engine, but less faders, knobs and DSPs.

Uli

(I know that many of you do not share my opinion....)
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 09:06:05 AM »
I agree with you, Uli. Yamaha has done this with the Montage / ModX, and the Tyros / PSR-S9xx, so it makes sense that the next high-end PSR-S will be a smaller and simpler Genos.
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 03:04:41 PM »
I also have heard about this little "Genos".

They say it is  actually made in North Vietnam so when it is released I suspect it will have built in camera, microphone,GPS and will connect to internet wirelessly when you turn it on.
Your idea is so funny, but can you tell me the reason why we need those features?
Genos + Motif XS7

Offline Joe H

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »
I agree with you, Uli. Yamaha has done this with the Montage / ModX, and the Tyros / PSR-S9xx, so it makes sense that the next high-end PSR-S will be a smaller and simpler Genos.

I expect that it will be just an enhanced PSR S975. Better sound, more expansion memory, more styles and Multi Pads, etc... this has been the history of Yamaha.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline hans1966

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 07:56:26 PM »
I expect that it will be just an enhanced PSR S975. Better sound, more expansion memory, more styles and Multi Pads, etc... this has been the history of Yamaha.

how good it would be to see other features in the new arranger as: chord sequencer, better editing tools in the MIDI sequencer (for example a piano roll, copy and paste measurements in several tracks, magnifying glass for a better view of events) I could see a direct sampling system (Not through YEM) add R3, to create complex combinations of sounds in the right hand, and finally Mp3 audio recorder. Greetings. Hans

Offline DerekA

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 08:16:42 PM »
I reckon some features like sliders, R3, audio multitrack, 76 FSX keys and external speakers will remain only on the top model, to keep some differentiator.

But I suspect the overall performance and capability of the S975 is already rather closer to the Genos than some might like to think.

And it's not without precedence to see new features on other series before the top model. For example, live control and arpeggios were available on the E443 before going on to appear on S970 and Genos.

Online Toril S

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 08:17:27 PM »
Hope it will not have a touch screen!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

beykock

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »

Hi Toril :

A touch screen or not a touch screen, that's the question.😋

Best Regards, Babette

Online Toril S

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »
I am very setisfied witn my S975, and is seriously considering getting a spare one! Same goes for my beloved Tyros5! Hope they last as long as my PSR 2100. Sorry, but I don't look forward to more complicated features, touch screen and you name it. But thats only little, old me :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

beykock

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2019, 05:33:20 AM »
Hi Toril :

If you are happy and pleased with your present arrangers, there is absolutely no reason to worry.
You will enjoy them for many years to come.😀

I do not expect the new PSR-S serie will be launched early next year ... but who am I ?
Maybe in 2021 ? Only time will tell.😎

The newest S775 and S975 were launched in 2018.
They are babies ...🎤

Only Yamaha can give you the right answer but as usual they will never tell their secrets.😷

Have fun, Babette
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 06:16:45 AM by beykock »