Author Topic: genos 1.4 update stalling not completing download  (Read 71727 times)

haroldh

genos 1.4 update stalling not completing download
« on: June 28, 2019, 08:32:46 PM »
Trying to install the new update 1.4 seems to work ok until after part 1 then screen goes blank except genos bottom right hand corner and words Program installer top left . Does not change so forced to turn off . check system 1.3 still loaded and works ok.

Have tried 3 different usb sticks and unzipped  file several times to no avail. File is in root directory

ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. NO PREVIOUS ISSUES ON ALL OTHER UPDATES RELEASED.
Thank you.

Online pjd

Re: genos 1.4 update stalling not completing download
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 08:42:59 PM »
Hi --

I hate to ask these questions and sound like a wise guy:

Did you download the "Firmware Installation Procedure" PDF and follow it?
Did you unzip the zip file?
Is the update .PRG file in the root directory of the USB drive?

Sorry, I really don't mean to cause any offense.

All the best -- pj

haroldh

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 08:54:58 PM »
Hi

I would love to say no but the answer is yes to all questions. The procedure starts off as it should then goes dead and hangs etc
H

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 09:11:12 PM »
Harold, try downloading it again, then attempt a reinstall. Sometimes, downloads have glitches, at least that has been my experience.

Good Luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »
Try downloading a fresh copy of the update. Perhaps your file is corrupted in some way.
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 09:13:18 PM »
Hello haroldh,

I’m no expert on these things but what programme did you use to unzip the file? Possibly WinZip?

One question- did you format the usb stick on Genos before you started? Very important. Be careful not to reformat a usb stick that contains files you still need or you will lose them permanently.

Is the usb stick you are using ok and not corrupted in any way? If you have a spare you could try formatting on Genos and then use that to apply the update as per instructions in the pdf sheet.

I’ve not got WinZip so I used 7zip to extract the files and then copied them to the root directory of the front USB port ( I have a usb stick in the underneath compartment as well).

I then followed the instructions in the pdf exactly to load the unzipped (extracted) files i.e held the style control start/stop button and at the same time pressed the power on button. Then followed the onscreen instructions.

Genos found the files and it installed the update with no problems.

Good luck. I’m sure you will get there.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:52:09 PM by MINKYCATS »
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 10:29:27 PM »
Make sure when you unzip the file it is not in a folder or Genos can not read it.
Eileen
font]

Offline franksboard

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 10:31:14 PM »
i am having same issue,tried two different flash drives and keyboard goes thru pross and says installing but never says completed

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 10:50:00 PM »
Did not have a problem with mine at all. Just followed the instructions to the letter.
Eileen
font]

Offline franksboard

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 10:52:40 PM »
I tried again with new download and unzipped file and file says Genos setup.prg and when flash is put inkeyboard i hold start stop and power button read drive and says Genos v1.4and says installing the says program loader and just stays there and never completes

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 10:54:31 PM »
Hi Eileen
Same here, just read  instructions carefully and i put the update on a blank usb for safety
No problems at all with update.

The thing is that when updating there is no action or uploading bars moving, so you may think that it will never load.
You have to wait and be patient.

All the best
john :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:55:32 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 10:57:47 PM »
Yes John but the screen dose change telling you which section is loading and then it tell you it is complete and to turn off the keyboard then turn it on again.
Eileen
font]

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 11:01:55 PM »
Hi Eileen
I know that , but some people see a black and white screen and there is no action until a few minutes later when it changes.
Normally when updating a computer you see a dotted line going back and forth until complete or a progress bar.
When you update nothing seems to happen until you wait quite a bit until you see the change.
Some might be just a little impatient .
It does look like nothing is happening though.
It is like a ZX Spectrum uploading!! :D :o :P ::)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:06:13 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 11:08:37 PM »
True but it only takes three or four minutes to do.
Eileen
font]

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 11:16:07 PM »
Hi Eileen
At least we have got it right first time.
If you think that something is wrong and go for Control Alt delete you may mess the machine up.
Firmware has to be right

All the best
John :)
Ps still did not get that £50 note out of the Usb socket !! :P :-\ >:(
At least the ZX SPectrum made a sqeally noise when uploading like morse code!! ;D
I used to love Pyjamarama on the Spectrum
I could not afford the Commodore 64!! :(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:21:19 PM by ugawoga »

Offline franksboard

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 02:04:53 AM »
firmare 1.4 will not go past step one and screen changes to program installer on screen.waited 30 minutes and still said same thing and will not go on. i tried downloading zipped files on come up with Genossetup.prog and save that file on my flash drives. i formatted flash drives on Genos first. i have upgraded my tyros 5 many times,but this time i don"t know what i am doing wrong.i also tried it with windows 10 and my old pc with xp and winzip.need Help!!!! my current firmware 1.3 and installed from front usb port usb 1 windows 10 unziped it save to brand new flash drives formatted with genos.keyboard does recognize file and says v1.4 and starts installing only to part one and stops
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 03:13:16 PM by franksboard »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 04:51:06 AM »
firmare 1.4 will not go past step one and screen changes to program installer on screen.waited 30 minutes and still said same thing and will not go on. i tried downloading zipped files on come up with Genossetup.prog and save that file on my flash drives. i formatted flash drives on Genos first. i have upgraded my tyros 5 many times,but this time i don"t know what i am doing wrong.i also tried it with windows 10 and my old pc with xp and winzip.need Help!!!!

What firmware do you currently have on your Genos? If it's not 1.3, maybe you have to upgrade to that first.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: franksboard

Offline frozzers

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 06:49:42 AM »
Just a thought.

The instructions say to:

‘Connect the USB flash drive to the instrument
Connect the USB flash drive containing the downloaded files to the USB TO DEVICE terminal of the instrument.’

The first sentence (although there’s no full stop) suggested it didn’t matter which terminal you used. The second was specific.

Did you insert the USB drive into the correct terminal ie the one at the back of the Genos labelled ‘USB to DEVICE’, not the front one?

I also took my working USB drive out of the front terminal just to be on the safe side.

Cheers

Chris

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2019, 08:52:36 AM »
I installed the update from the front USB port without any problem.

Peoples who encounter problems with install, aren't there any other USB sticks connected to the Genos ?
Perhaps a USB stick in the hidden USB port under the Genos ?
Or an external USB2VGA adapter connected to the Genos ?

Remove them before installing the update.

Regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2019, 10:20:25 AM »
I installed the update with no problem from the front USB to device port. My Genos files are normally kept on a micro USB plugged into the rear port and I left that in place for the installation.
Also I had version 1.3 already installed. The latter would have helped if the prg file gets in the "wrong" location since there  is a search facility across USB's to find it. If someone hasn't previously updated it may make it more critical to manually choose the correct location so the prg file will be found.

(Incidentally Genos will find my registration files at Power on whether I put  them  in the front or back--and probably in the  hidden location if I wanted to use it.)

John
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 10:32:51 AM by jwyvern »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2019, 11:27:15 AM »
firmare 1.4 will not go past step one and screen changes to program installer on screen.waited 30 minutes and still said same thing and will not go on. i tried downloading zipped files on come up with Genossetup.prog and save that file on my flash drives. i formatted flash drives on Genos first. i have upgraded my tyros 5 many times,but this time i don"t know what i am doing wrong.i also tried it with windows 10 and my old pc with xp and winzip.need Help!!!!

Hi
Get a Usb stick new or a blank one
Download and just unzip in windows .You do not need winzip as windows does it .
Make sure you have last update in machine before putting this one in. I always take the file out of it's subfolders and just leave the main file on blank usb stick. Front port for USB stick. Take a usb out of the back if there is one in there as that may interfere. It should not though as there is one in the bomb bay underneath. The Genos should find the file whatever.
Read those instructions on the Yamaha site and go for it.
If still not working contact Yamaha as the firmware may be upset. That can only be the possibility.
Normally it is pilot error that can cause horrible things to happen.
All the best
John :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 11:34:10 AM by ugawoga »

Brushfo149

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2019, 12:16:08 PM »
If you are using a Mac computer and download the update more than once it will rename the file when it unzips it.
You need to make sure you delete the updates you have downloaded before downloading again or it will not work.

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »
Hello Harold.

Even though most of the suggestions by those who have responded are good, I would
suggest that you give it one more try then contact Yamaha if again it doesn't work.

I successfully installed the update through the front USB slot with no problem, even
though there was another USB stick underneath.

I understand that you have performed this operation many times on your T5, so I
wonder if others here have taken note of the fact that you're not new to updating
your keyboard.

Best Regards.
Abby.

PS: Correction, it seems that it is Franksboard who has done this operation many times.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:44:16 PM by Pianoman »

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2019, 06:28:48 PM »
I see that John has said that you do not need to use WinZip if you have windows.

This is not the case if you still have Windows 7 as I do.

I did my install using the front USB port. I do have a usb stick in the underneath compartment.

You do not have to use the USB port on the back for the install to be successful.

Perhaps you should follow the advice of others here and contact Yamaha support.

Best of luck

You will get it sorted- have no fear.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2019, 08:49:51 PM »
I see that John has said that you do not need to use WinZip if you have windows.

This is not the case if you still have Windows 7 as I do.

In Windows7, from Windows Explorer (File Explorer),  right click on the zip file and select 'Extract All...' from the pop up menu that opens.

You will get the option to select a location to save the extracted content, or you can use the suggested new folder which will be created.

Click 'Extract' and the files will be fully and correctly extracted from the archive. 

'WinZip' or any other third party program is not required for the majority of Zips, although I do have 7-Zip installed which I use for .RAR archives for example.

The above functionality is even available in Windows7 Starter edition, the most basic version of the OS. Similar functionality is available in Windows10.

The Genos firmware update from Yamaha is supplied as a simple zip archive which Windows extracts with no problems.

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: MINKYCATS

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2019, 08:54:35 PM »
Harold,

You should check your USB files on a computer. You have to have a file named GENOSSETUP.PRG in the root of the USB stick for the Genos to find it.

As others have said, it doesn't matter which port you plug the stick into.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

haroldh

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2019, 09:17:30 PM »
Thanks to all who have made suggestions about how to carry out the 1.4 update. To clarify I used to own a T5 and carried out all updates without any issues including some for other users. I have today deleted previous downloaded files and extracts and started from scratch with a new formatted usb stick.
The Genos reads the .prg file and starts to load going to step 1, so is finding the correct files. However it then stops accessing the
internal drive ( Green light goes off) and you are left with GENOS and Program installer. You can wait 5 minutes 10 minutes or an hour nothing happens so patience is not an issue.

I see that other users are now having exactly the same problem I have . It looks like Yamaha support is the next step unless
you know different ???

Thank you

Haroldh

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2019, 10:30:07 PM »
Thanks to all who have made suggestions about how to carry out the 1.4 update. To clarify I used to own a T5 and carried out all updates without any issues including some for other users. I have today deleted previous downloaded files and extracts and started from scratch with a new formatted usb stick.
The Genos reads the .prg file and starts to load going to step 1, so is finding the correct files. However it then stops accessing the
internal drive ( Green light goes off) and you are left with GENOS and Program installer. You can wait 5 minutes 10 minutes or an hour nothing happens so patience is not an issue.

I see that other users are now having exactly the same problem I have . It looks like Yamaha support is the next step unless
you know different ???

Thank you

Haroldh

Something probably went wrong so probably a good idea to get Yamaha supports! When I installed the update last night it only took 3 minutes to complete the installation process so clearly something went wrong either on your Genos or maybe the installation file somewhere. Good luck!

The following users thanked this post: Georgeandmarj

Offline rdiazhin

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2019, 11:53:54 PM »
Hi Harold,

After rebooting Genos holding the Start/Stop button, the screen will show Genos 1.4, Press Start/Stop to begin the installation.

Did you press the Start/Stop button the second time to start the setup process?

Also, I have uploaded the firmware to my drive in case you want to give it a try. The file is the one I used and downloaded from the Yamaha USA website, and is already unzipped.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_ryzCXT1SnXwomBt4s1DNLBSDlBijV8d

Current Keyboards: Yamaha Genos

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2019, 08:04:26 AM »
Hi tyrosaurus,

Thank you for explaining that you can use Windows 7 to unzip files.

I have not got it to work before but after your explanation, I will have another go.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Alfred59

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 02:41:27 PM »
Just to add to the discussion I can’t even part install the update. I’ve downloaded the  file (which the iMac automatically unzipped) to my flash drive usb stick  which I then  plugged into the Usb to device  on genos. I then held down the start/stop button with the power on button. A message then comes on ‘ please insert the install media’. which is already inserted. So then I take it out and reinsert it again. But nothing happens. I’ve tried with two different usb sticks.  I’ve implemented all the suggestions made in the forum so hopefully Yamaha can solve it.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 02:46:15 PM »
Hi Trevor,

You can also use Windows Explorer to zip files too.

First select the files that you want to include and then right click.

Select 'Send to' and expand it to reveal a list of options.

Click 'Compressed (zipped) folder', and a new zip archive containing the files will be created.  It will automatically be given the same name as the first file in the selection, but you can change this is you want to.

There is nothing wrong with using a third party program (my preferred one is 7-Zip), and doing so will give you more options than the built in Windows functions offer, but if you only want to deal with simple 'Zip' archives, then you shouldn't need anything else other than   Windows Explorer.

Regards

Ian

Offline Kokoriz

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 02:49:22 PM »
Just to add to the discussion I can’t even part install the update. I’ve downloaded the  file (which the iMac automatically unzipped) to my flash drive usb stick  which I then  plugged into the Usb to device  on genos. I then held down the start/stop button with the power on button. A message then comes on ‘ please insert the install media’. which is already inserted. So then I take it out and reinsert it again. But nothing happens. I’ve tried with two different usb sticks.  I’ve implemented all the suggestions made in the forum so hopefully Yamaha can solve it.

Am not sure if you already did it but I would recommend formatting the flash drive on the Genos first then try the installation process again. Good luck!

Offline franksboard

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2019, 03:20:22 PM »
I tried the unzipped file that another member posted for version 1.4 and with same resluts. it does come up with version 1.4 and press start stop button to install and says step one,press start button and screen goes to Genos and says program installer and will stay there all day and removed all other drives from board and different flash drives formatted with Genoes.my current version is 1.3

Offline EileenL

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2019, 03:57:17 PM »
All I did was download the update to my desktop. I then double clicked the icon to open the folder and highlighted the update and copied and pasted it to my USB stick. If you don't do it this way you will get the two files on the stick and you don't want the instruction one loaded onto your stick. I then pressed the stop/start button first and while still holding this down I press power on button. After the programme installer shows it will then ask you to press Start/stop again and away it will go.
  If this is not happening or you are being asked to insert programme then it means the keyboard can not see the file you are using. Try downloading the update from Yamaha again just in case an error occurred on the first download and check that your USB stick is OK.
Eileen
font]

Offline valimaties

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2019, 04:14:55 PM »
Uncompressed file
(after you download check this properties:
- size: 326.454.784 bytes
- size on disk: 326.455.296 bytes)

If not have that size, try to download the file on other PC, it might be a problem with your PC, could be infected with some viruses which it modifies the files (supposing), or deactivate the antivirus when copy the file to USB.

Before copying file to USB stick, format USB stick using keyboard's Format utility! (if it was already formatted in keyboard and you have important data into it, make sure you have a recent backup of that data on your computer, better on cloud servers).
Reformat the USB stick. Insert the USB stick in your PC and copy the "Genossetup.prg" file in the root of usb stick. What means that?! it means when you insert the USB stick in PC and open it  you will see only one file named GENOSSETUP.PRG, not folder, or anything else. (You may see a "System Volume Information" folder, but it's ok, that means you have the visibility of protected system files set to true, it's not so important for this process).
Insert the USB in your keyboard and restart the update process: press Start/STOP button and in the same time, the power button... etc..

IMPORTANT!
According to update script, the minimum version to install this OS is 1.01. So it does not need to have 1.30 version installed to install 1.40 version.

If you cannot finish the update, seems you have other problems, possible internal hardware problems.

PS: Try to not power Genos from an UPS system when you update it. Some UPSes does not give the exactly 220-230V at 50Hz... Maybe that's affect some components, I don't know.

PS2: Did you tried to do a reset to the keyboard before update?! With keyboard shut down, press rightmost key and while hold it, press power on button. It will erase all the data you have on the keyboard, so be carreful to have backup of important data and settings!

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 04:22:41 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline franksboard

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2019, 06:20:56 PM »
I downloaded the 1.4 version several times from Yamaha and i am using windows 10 and it unzips it and save to desktop.i formatted 3 different brand flash drives in Genoes and have used these 2 of these drives before in keyboard and one is brand new.i removed all flash drives from board and current version 1.3
i copied the unzipped files to all three blank drives. the new file says Genossetup.prg inserted flash drive in front holding down start stop button and pressing power button and screen says searching and found Genoessetup.prg and says version 1.4 step one and then press start stop button as it says and screen changes to program setup and Genos logo on screen.i let it alone for one hour and screen stays the same with all three drives and have to power off keyboard and checked still version 1.3 am i doing everything properly or missed a step Help!!!!!

Offline StuartR

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2019, 07:00:17 PM »
I downloaded the 1.4 version several times from Yamaha and i am using windows 10 and it unzips it and save to desktop.i formatted 3 different brand flash drives in Genoes and have used these 2 of these drives before in keyboard and one is brand new.i removed all flash drives from board and current version 1.3
i copied the unzipped files to all three blank drives. the new file says Genossetup.prg inserted flash drive in front holding down start stop button and pressing power button and screen says searching and found Genoessetup.prg and says version 1.4 step one and then press start stop button as it says and screen changes to program setup and Genos logo on screen.i let it alone for one hour and screen stays the same with all three drives and have to power off keyboard and checked still version 1.3 am i doing everything properly or missed a step Help!!!!!

Did you reset your Genos as Vali suggested in the previous thread?  Be sure to do a full backup to another USB flash drive first!

After that, retry the 1.4 update.

Offline franksboard

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2019, 08:12:20 PM »
I contacted Yamaha Support today and was told i did everything correctly and not to use over a 4GB flash drive and it would not take longer than 5 minutes.
i tried again with a 4gb and 1 GB formatted on Genoes. i copied and pasted Genossetup.prg on the flash drives.i put in Genoes usb1 and no other usb devices connected to board. i get the same screen the update program V1.40 and says step one and green light flashes for 10 seconds and goes out and screen says on top program installer and bottom Genoes logo and let it run for 15 minutes and had to power off board with no update.was the same with both flash drives.Will be contacting Yamaha back tomorrow.they said that the update was ok on the web site
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:41:44 AM by franksboard »

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2019, 09:03:20 PM »
question on full reset,will it erase whats stored on its internal drive as i have so much to back up

Not yet having a backup is searching for problems if something goes wrong.
I think that counts for every disk or flash memory based system, PC, Genos, .... etc
I always keep a backup of my Genos internal drive and the USB drive that I use on my Genos.

Regards

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:04:39 PM by vlbrgt »
Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos

Offline StuartR

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2019, 09:30:28 PM »
question on full reset,will it erase whats stored on its internal drive as i have so much to back up

I refer you to Section 9, page 105 of the Genos user manual. If you haven't read this yet, it's time. :)

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2019, 10:28:42 AM »
I'm having exactly the same problem as franksboard.
I'm using a clean USB which I formatted in the Genos.
I'm following the instructions to the letter, which I did numerous times on my Tyros 5 with no problems.
Nevertheless, I keep getting the message please insert media.

The following users thanked this post: franksboard

Offline frozzers

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2019, 10:52:40 AM »
You seem to have tried everything now.

Why not give Yamaha tech support a ring? Maybe others have already contacted them and they might now have a fix.

I'm guessing you're in the UK. Here's the relevant info:

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/contacts/index.html

If you do get it sorted, it would be great to feed back here.

Cheers

Chris

Offline EileenL

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2019, 01:49:45 PM »
If the keyboard is asking you to inset media it means it has not been saved correctly to the USB and the keyboard can't see it. All you do is download the file to your desktop and then click on the Zip Icon to open it. You will see two files inside. Just highlight the Programme file which is the large one and copy then paste it to your USB.
Eileen
font]

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
Too bad that the update is not going well for some people.
The fact that several people experiences the same problem indicates, in my opinion, that it is not caused by a bad installation or incorrect procedure.
There must be something else that prevents the install of the update.

Best is to submit the problem to Yamaha.
I'm sure they will come with a solution.

Regards
Etienne
Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »
As most of us are not having any problem doing this update this proves that there is not a problem with it or the Keyboard. Unless you stand behind a person and watch what they do it is hard to say User error but it dose look that way.
Eileen
font]

Roland

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »
I am in support of Eileen's comment - I too did my 1.4 install yesterday and it worked without any problems. And that with a very slow and unreliable Internet connection and a very old 500Mb USB stick (I wish I had wine that old !! *grin*)

My set-up was this: Windows 7 PC, USB to Host connected to PC (plus the usual line/outs & digital out), NO external monitor attached, and only ONE USB stick - that old one with the update on it, plugged into the front port. And I followed the download page instructions to the letter!

Offline frozzers

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2019, 05:23:15 PM »
Here are two screenshots showing the update file clearly on its own on the root directory of my USB drive.

One is Windows Explorer, the other is Mac Finder.

When you look at your own USB drive in either Explorer or Finder, the update file must look like one of the screenshots.

If it doesn't look exactly like that, you haven't copied the file to the USB drive correctly.

If it does like that, then I suggest you have a problem which needs reporting to Yamaha.

Cheers

Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2019, 05:43:26 PM »
I am in support of Eileen's comment - I too did my 1.4 install yesterday and it worked without any problems. And that with a very slow and unreliable Internet connection and a very old 500Mb USB stick (I wish I had wine that old !! *grin*)

My set-up was this: Windows 7 PC, USB to Host connected to PC (plus the usual line/outs & digital out), NO external monitor attached, and only ONE USB stick - that old one with the update on it, plugged into the front port. And I followed the download page instructions to the letter!

Perhaps .....
Reading this I remember a problem I had in the beginning with my external monitor and a USB type 3.0 from a very specific brand.
It made freezing my Genos. It was not freezing when using a USB 2.0 stick.
So perhaps using a 2.0 USB stick could help ....
Just a thought. Worth trying.

Regards
Etienne
Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2019, 06:49:58 PM »
Yes as we all know Genos still is USB2 but I have used USB3 on Genos with no problem.
Eileen
font]